Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    So hp forgot?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    So hp forgot?
    Shhhhhh.......
    mrmarquis9 likes this.
    No kidding. I just had to build another frankenpre, and was very happy to be able to receive the OTA update to 2.24, as well as install from the app cat. Hopefully the HP suits don't ever think about it again,
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    vgg likes this.
    The app catalog may still be available, but I can confirm that the profile servers are not.

My wife's daily driver Veer just got the black screen of death (full device functionality but screen is black), so I had to activate her backup. Attempted to log in on first use to restore her profile to the new phone and it failed on several attempts. I thought the problem might be I had the wrong password for her, so I tried the "Forgot Password" option and oddly enough that process worked and tripped an email to her that let me reset her password. But when I tried to log in again using the new password it failed to connect and restore.

So I bypassed activation per the directions elsewhere on this site and her new phone is up and running, minus backup capabilities but none the worse for it. With WOSQI and Preware I was able to get it all patched up the way she likes it, and we march on.

Good riddance, HP!
    Interesting. It worked for me on Tuesday night. I got backup restored, OTA update, and apps from the cat. I was stunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Interesting. It worked for me on Tuesday night. I got backup restored, OTA update, and apps from the cat. I was stunned.
    Australia..
    Yes.. I turned all device's 'Backup' to 'OFF' on the 'Ides of March'.
    On turning (Wifi TP & Pre3) Backup 'ON' again just now (29th March), It appears to have completed.. though I can only speculate as to whether at the server end, it actually did, or not!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/28/2015 at 03:43 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    While I'm absolutely certain the server containing my Palm Profile is still up and running since I can log into my profile both on my device (accounts-app) and online at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface (tested it with two Palm Profiles). I did notice, however, that selecting Preferences & Accounts from the pulldown menu in the App Catalog results in the message: 'The action could not be completed. Try again later.' Could be a temporal glitch but that isn't likely.

Maybe they switched off the authentication server but not the actual server containing the profiles...
    Mutoidi likes this.
    palm profiles and app store still working today in UK,
    I restored a TouchPad last week. It's still checking in, and appears to be successful.

and, yeah, ssssssshhhhhh. :-D
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I had the same experience. I setup a 1.x device just fine. Even created a new Palm Profile to do it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Just downloaded a free game, still works.
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    I'm beginning to think either they stopped caring about it, or don't know where the servers are. Either way works for me. They just need to stay up until my next Touchpad shows up.
    They laid off all the staff and the last one out forgot to turn off the lights (and servers)
    TJs11thPre, dkirker and vgg like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    They laid off all the staff and the last one out 'forgot' to turn off the lights (and servers)
    ~ Cos he/she still runs a webOS TP!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    vgg likes this.
    3 different download attempts failed.

Has it finally occurred, or am I having a localized issue?
    3 different download attempts failed.

Has it finally occurred, or am I having a localized issue?
    Its just you, I just downloaded evernote to check.
    Last edited by laingman; 04/03/2015 at 04:49 AM.
    OK so if it seems to be downloading, but is failing on install, what should I do?

Never mind...

Apparently I didn't update the app cat cert yet. Sometimes the most obvious is it!
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 04/03/2015 at 10:46 AM.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast