• 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By Vince42
  • 1 Post By davodego
  • 1 Post By Vince42
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi,

I still have two Pre3, two Veer and one TouchPad lying around ... and I am not sure whether it is worth even trying to sell them or just to keep them for nostalgy reasons ... what would you recommend?

Cheers
    Vince
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    I see you're in the #webos-ports IRC channel quite often. LuneOS is getting better every single month, so I'd keep my Touchpad for LuneOS ;-) What's the conditions of the Veers? Are the US models or German ones? Might be interested in 1 or both ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hi,

I am a real Open webOS / LuneOS enthusiast - I really pray for the day that I can put webOS on any arbitrary device - that's why I follow all development efforts ...

Funny enough: I already considered keeping my Touchpad ... idea confirmed, thank you.

My devices are all German devices.

PS: I found the Veer the most sexy device ever ^^
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    davodego likes this.
    And I am obviously interested in Pre3, since mine is completely broken
    OP... if you decide to sell the devices, please post them up on the Marketplace (not in this thread). Thanks
    xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    will surely do ... just one final question: what might be a reasonable price? I cannot check ebay as they have rather "starting prices" and all e-commerce sites don't sell them ... 50 EUR? 75 EUR? 100 EUR? A gazillion for a priceless mobile os? ))
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    You can search completed listings on ebay.
    but keep in mind that the ebay price includes the "slice" that goes to ebay itself. The seller got less
    I've thought about selling my Tpad, but I know it's a decent piece of hardware. Doesn't even have cracks the case yet, because it has sat on its TStone idle its whole life, except for when I watch TV in bed with it.

But someday if they launch this LuneOS, I'll have it to install. No way I'm buying a slab phone to do it.

I actually just got nervous about it, because I cracked my frankenpre. But luckily I had planned ahead, and have backup devices. I built another frankenpre, and found a new battery I didn't know I had. It's like a brand new phone.

I'll take a new Pre2 over any slab phone, all day long.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You can search completed listings on ebay.
    I finally found the time to assemble all boxes and cables and stuff ... Pre, Veer, Pixi
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Rnp likes this.
    will surely do ... just one final question: what might be a reasonable price? I cannot check ebay as they have rather "starting prices" and all e-commerce sites don't sell them ... 50 EUR? 75 EUR? 100 EUR? A gazillion for a priceless mobile os? ))
    I watch ebay germany for webOS device all day. The price for a used veer auction started with 1€ is 25-50€. Pre3 is rare on ebay germany. Selling prices about 50-80€.
    Last time i watched Veer and Pre3 on ebay germany not so intensive, because a hve enough for replacement. I'm more looking at Pre2 a touchpad.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Rnp likes this.
    On the same boat as you - still have a Pre 1, & Pre 2 that I'm keeping for memorabilia, but still have a great condition Touchpad GO that I'm not using much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

I still have two Pre3, two Veer and one TouchPad lying around ... and I am not sure whether it is worth even trying to sell them or just to keep them for nostalgy reasons ... what would you recommend?

Cheers
    Vince
    I've been thinking the same thing (sell them all or keep them as a nostalgic reasons), I have the Palm Pre 2 on sale but seems no one interested in them. I also have a great Pre 3 in great condition fully functional (only a few superficial scratches on the HP logo). I'm seriously wish the, to give them a good home.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I am keeping my touchpad ... ^^

I follow LuneOS and wish I could just put it on all devices ... hey, it's still allowed to dream, right?

From having been forced to use all major phones once in a while I can definitely tell that webOS was, is and will be a superior mobile OS even nowadays. I am glad for every feature of webOS that finds it way into current OSes ... either way: I hope we will see some webOS on phones one fine day ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net • donate
    Rnp likes this.