Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrmarquis9
  • 1 Post By gsfx
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Is the start up gone?
    brandongoeszoom likes this.
  2. #2  
    Brandon from PIC here!

    Phoenix International Communications, Inc is still alive, surprisingly. And, yes, the startup is currently working on things. Time will tell whether they're hit or misses, but you'll know it when you see it. Anymore questions? I'd love to answer what I can (whatever my NDA allows).
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  3. g.vos's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    Brandon from PIC here!

    Phoenix International Communications, Inc is still alive, surprisingly. And, yes, the startup is currently working on things. Time will tell whether they're hit or misses, but you'll know it when you see it. Anymore questions? I'd love to answer what I can (whatever my NDA allows).
    Are you working on new hardware or software?

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
    Are you working on new hardware or software?

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    We're working on...stuff. Maybe that's hardware, maybe that's software. Maybe it's both! Who knows? I guess we know, but we'll let you know, too. Eventually. Will it be exciting and have everyone and their mother scrambling to buy it? Will it be stupid and boring and useless to 99% of our target consumers? Time will tell.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  5. g.vos's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    We're working on...stuff. Maybe that's hardware, maybe that's software. Maybe it's both! Who knows? I guess we know, but we'll let you know, too. Eventually. Will it be exciting and have everyone and their mother scrambling to buy it? Will it be stupid and boring and useless to 99% of our target consumers? Time will tell.
    That's all your NDA allows you to tell? Not really something to get excited about (yet).

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
    That's all your NDA allows you to tell? Not really something to get excited about (yet).

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    In all fairness, I haven't seen my NDA since I sent it in back in 2012. So, I'll bite. The worst they can do is let me go, I suppose.

    Hardware and software, though the software project is much closer to fruition than the hardware project is.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  7. g.vos's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    In all fairness, I haven't seen my NDA since I sent it in back in 2012. So, I'll bite. The worst they can do is let me go, I suppose.

    Hardware and software, though the software project is much closer to fruition than the hardware project is.
    Now we're getting somewhere Still webOS related?

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
  8. #8  
    Good to see you back here Brandon.
    You've got me excited...
    hmmm.... Did PIC get the rights for ACL on LuneOS? my only guess at the moment!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
    Now we're getting somewhere Still webOS related?

    Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    As always! Now, whether or not the products will work with webOS/LuneOS devices, I can't say. Not yet, at least.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Good to see you back here Brandon.
    You've got me excited...
    hmmm.... Did PIC get the rights for ACL on LuneOS? my only guess at the moment!
    If I knew that, I'd be dying from excitement! Alas, I have no knowledge of such a thing. If OMWW would agree to that, they'd be one of my favorite companies!
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
  11. gsfx's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #11  
    I tried ACL for WebOS. For me it was slow and buggy. And I needed Android 4. Finally I made a dual boot solution on my TouchPad. Android 4.4.4 and WebOS. Works fine for me.

    Best regards

    Fred
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    I tried ACL for WebOS. For me it was slow and buggy. And I needed Android 4. Finally I made a dual boot solution on my TouchPad. Android 4.4.4 and WebOS. Works fine for me.

    Best regards

    Fred
    But who wants to Reboot your device just to use an app.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T


    LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
  13. #13  
    I guess it would be wishful thinking that a 4.x base build of ACL is on the to do list...
  14. gsfx's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I guess it would be wishful thinking that a 4.x base build of ACL is on the to do list...
    Very very wishful, I think. Blackberry is just starting a similar try. On the BB Passport you can install Android apps.

    ACL was no bad idea. But as many ideas it was bad implemented. The app shop was a catastrophy. I found nearly no interesting app there. All the Android apps I knew were not available. So I had to download APK files from sources in the internet. Bad as I never new if an app could contain a virus or other harmful code. I could not setup a Google account to get Google Play. Due to the missing google account I could not see my contacts in ACL. But I required the contacts for messaging apps I did install.

    Some of these apps did not work, one important app required Android 4 but ACL is 2.3.6. Finally the benefits of ACL could not convince me. So I made the dual boot solution. Most of the time I use Android 4.4.4, but I have to admit that tasks which can be done with both (WebOS ans Android) feel better and smoother with WebOS. I would work with ACL, if the above mentioned restrictions would not be so hard.

    Kind regards

    Fred
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandongoeszoom View Post
    If I knew that, I'd be dying from excitement! Alas, I have no knowledge of such a thing. If OMWW would agree to that, they'd be one of my favorite companies!
    Will any new services,software,or hardware be released from PIC this year?
  16.    #16  
    Also if PIC is made up volunteers from around the world and hardcore Webos fans then why have all this secrecy? I know personally if i knew what pic was working on I would surely invest in it more then i usually would. But if its something massive (webos car perhaps) then I could understand the NDA and being secretive.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Also if PIC is made up volunteers from around the world and hardcore Webos fans then why have all this secrecy? I know personally if i knew what pic was working on I would surely invest in it more then i usually would. But if its something massive (webos car perhaps) then I could understand the NDA and being secretive.
    An interesting essay from a few years back:
    C R Y P T O N O M I C O N

    As I recall, Windows=Ford, Mac=BMW, Linux=Tank, BeOS=Batmobile

    So after I stopped laughing at the idea of a webOS car, I wondered what car webOS could be compared to.

    But an actual webOS car? It would probably look amazing and be touted as an Apple car-killer...

    ...before failing miserably!
    mrmarquis9 likes this.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    An interesting essay from a few years back:
    C R Y P T O N O M I C O N

    As I recall, Windows=Ford, Mac=BMW, Linux=Tank, BeOS=Batmobile

    So after I stopped laughing at the idea of a webOS car, I wondered what car webOS could be compared to.

    But an actual webOS car? It would probably look amazing and be touted as an Apple car-killer...
    Click to view quoted image

    ...before failing miserably!
    LOL when I was typing the previous post i wanted to add something hilarious so webos car came to mind.

Similar Threads

  1. Phoenix not accepting ACL payments
    By KoaFeliciano in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/09/2013, 06:53 PM
  2. Phoenix devices
    By johnnygewitter in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 12/13/2012, 02:12 AM
  3. University of Phoenix help
    By crazybirdman in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/16/2011, 12:44 PM
  4. Verizonize in Phoenix
    By acanthusarch in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/10/2005, 01:57 PM
  5. Phoenix Area...
    By JennyKitten in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/21/2001, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions