Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anyone having problems with Yahoo Mail? Just started getting failed updates Thursday, Feb 26 on my Pre 3. Never had problems before.

Validate gives the non-descript "Could not sign into account" and "Wizard: Unable to determine settings".

Noticed that WebOS has it's own server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com. I wonder if Yahoo has turned it off.
    I am getting an error message 'requested encryption not supported by server' on both my Pre3 and TP since yesterday evening.
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    hayduke7 likes this.
    Using te palm overall connector for Yahoo?

Or Yahoo over IMAP and the connector for "Yahoo C+DAV"?

IMAP server settings:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mai...s-sln4075.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    my pre plus started yesterday and today with SSL certificate error with no changes to settings
    Tried the original Palm connection and Yahoo over IMAP and still get the same error message
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    same error..

Have to hope it's temporary.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    I'm getting, "Requested encryption not supported by server."

Using palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Hmmm... I'm on SSL should I try TLS?

No, it didn't like that. Contacting support...

UPDATE: This is occuring on my phone & Touchpad (same error message). I have one more message on the TP - I guess it's differing sync times.

Update 2, 5th March: Posted a guide to fixing this based on the information posted on this thread. http://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/05/2015 at 11:42 AM.
    That's weird - I'm getting that error, but also getting emails..
    Huh! Well, I noticed this because I got some mail on my computer, but not on the phone (i.e. since late yesterday). There doesn't seem to be an easily locatable support email link and the support pages are (of course) not helpful. The community forums are showing there was a problem a couple of days back (25th).

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5120700AAEqBQM
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5133635AARUKR0
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5124236AAFEZlp
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5134713AA3Bx6X
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...5131350AA8Mw1J

I think I've had a few problems connecting recently, so maybe it's a temporary and general problem (as I'm still able to get mail on the PC & Grabber is getting mail despite an error message). I'll look a bit further to see if there's anything webOS specific...

The best I can see is that this is temporary error 14 and the advice is to sign out with all devices, clear cookies and cache, then sign back in. I don't think this neccessarily applies to the email app, but the gist is that this is a temporary error. As we are seeing slightly different errors and behaviours, hopefully it is a temporary glitch.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/27/2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I get the error when I'm checking the inbox but I was able to successfully forward an email. Hope it is temporary.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Hi,

I'm not using yahoo, but saw this post on resolving the issue by manually getting the (appenrently new) certificates.

hope that helps.

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    As an experiment, I deleted the yahoo account from my TP & attempted to recreate it as an ordinary imap email account. It failed to validate, but supplied some details.
    Requested encryption not supported by server.
    Error details
    Error code 9820: Non-specific SSL protcol error --
    src/network/SocketConnection.cpp:184
    Recreating the standard Yahoo connector does not work for me.
    Well.. still not able to received... tried to forward a couple to test, and that worked...
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Using te palm overall connector for Yahoo?

Or Yahoo over IMAP and the connector for "Yahoo C+DAV"?

IMAP server settings:
    https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mai...s-sln4075.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    wrong settings - doesn't work. But addresses with palm in servers not working either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm getting, "Requested encryption not supported by server."

Using palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Hmmm... I'm on SSL should I try TLS?

No, it didn't like that. Contacting support...

UPDATE: This is occuring on my phone & Touchpad (same error message). I have one more message on the TP - I guess it's differing sync times.
    don't you understand why - I have same settings on TP and Pre3, but yahoo mail works on phone. Only difference is I haven't patched gmail on phone ,but don't see why that should matter. Help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That's weird - I'm getting that error, but also getting emails..
    The emails don't seem to come in a normal fashion. Most of the time you get the error, but occasionally it seems to get through. You get the emails in bunches.

On my palm pre 1.4.5 phone, I haven't gotten any yahoo emails since 2/26...says SSL certificate error.

One side bar question: Starting March 16, we won't be able to initialize a new (a phone that is doctored or the one doesn't have a profile setup yet) webos phone?

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    One side bar question: Starting March 16, we won't be able to initialize a new (a phone that is doctored or the one doesn't have a profile setup yet) webos phone?

Thanks.
    As the HP servers will be gone, there wil be nothing to connect to for the activation. After the 15th, we will have to make our own back ups. 'New' devices can skip the activation process.
    As the HP servers will be gone, there wil be nothing to connect to for the activation. After the 15th, we will have to make our own back ups. 'New' devices can skip the activation process.
    Just for additional clarification:

I bought a previously used Sprint Palm Pre on Ebay as a backup. I haven't setup this backup phone since my original Palm Pre is still working like a charm. Are you saying that if I need to use this backup phone in the future, I can skip the profile setup part and the rest of the setup process would still work fine? Not sure what the webos version is on the phone. Not sure if 1.4.5 is still available somewhere (webos internals?)

Thx
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    As an experiment, I deleted the yahoo account from my TP & attempted to recreate it as an ordinary imap email account. It failed to validate, but supplied some details.

Recreating the standard Yahoo connector does not work for me.
    I delete IMAP account and then creating POP mail. Working
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Anyone having problems with Yahoo Mail? Just started getting failed updates Thursday, Feb 26 on my Pre 3. Never had problems before.

Validate gives the non-descript "Could not sign into account" and "Wizard: Unable to determine settings".

Noticed that WebOS has it's own server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com. I wonder if Yahoo has turned it off.
    Yes...on my PRE3 I noticed that since 2/27/15 the email was not syncing...same error message. Tried messing with the settings...gave up, deleted the account. Went back added my account, followed the prompts and bingo...we're back doing it. I have no clue what happened...all I know is that it is now working.
    Good luck...
    ~Walt
Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast