Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    Here we go again it seems.. I can't send emails.. getting :

"Outgoing Mail Server
    Requested encryption not supported by server"

I did a quick grab of the latest pem SSL certificates from my computer, but still no changes.

Rebooting didn't help either.

Following up... it appears to work again.

My steps are a bit erratic but regardless...

1) I redid the certificates from my machine.. both by using OpenSSL (2 certificates), then using Firefox, exported 1.
    (FIND THEM BELOW FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE)
    2) rebooted
    3) still no change
    4) messed around using various variants in the manuel settings of the accounts
    5) still nothing
    6) gave up for a few
    7) checked my Touchpads, those are working!!
    8) delete my accounts and used my Touchpads as guides...it's working!!!

Note, I have two yahoo accounts, and now have tested both (one account using imap and the other using pop3)

I did the manual approach for both, so:

INCOMING
    imap.mail.yahoo.com OR pop.mail.yahoo.com
    username XXX @yahoo.com
    password
    SSL 995

OUTGOING
    palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    authentication: on
    username
    password
    SSL 465

The ONLY difference at this point from the non-working scenario is that I added palm in the outgoing

So I don't know if that is the "fix" for me, or deleting the full account and redoing it helped.. but I've now tested several times (between the two accounts, sending messages back and forth) and it's working for now...
    I appreciate all the help you provided over the past few months. Lost my Yahoo accounts (I have 5) in Feb/Mar. Recreated as ordinary email (from the choices offered by my Pre 3 [webOS 2.2.4] when creating the account), not Yahoo (with logo), but using the yahoo email address and the pop server address. Of course, as has been pointed out on this board, the pop accounts don't update the server.

In June or maybe earlier, I lost the ability to send from the phone. Finally, after reading much on this board and trying many options, I was able to restore sending, receiving, and updating (including deletions of received emails) by creating Yahoo accounts using Yahoo logo choice offered by the phone when creating an email account. Everything has worked fine for the two and one-half weeks since I applied this fix.

I used the following server names and ports

Receive: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: XXX@yahoo.com
    Password
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 993

Send: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: xxx@yahoo.com
    Password:
    Port: 465

I downloaded the certificates using the following command lines

OpenSSL> s_client -showcerts -connect palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993

OpenSSL> s_client -showcerts -connect palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

Copied the certificates as previously described on this board using Notepad and saving as *.pem files. As also previously described, the *.pem files were transferred to the phone and trusted using Certificate Manager.

A couple of the certificates have expiration dates within the next year, so I suppose they will have to updated when they expire.

I also have a Pixi Plus with webOS 1.4.5 and none of this works with it. Can't figure out how to get the email working on it. Same old message about invalid certificate.

Let me know if this helps or you have questions about what I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreWhee View Post
    I appreciate all the help you provided over the past few months. Lost my Yahoo accounts (I have 5) in Feb/Mar. Recreated as ordinary email (from the choices offered by my Pre 3 [webOS 2.2.4] when creating the account), not Yahoo (with logo), but using the yahoo email address and the pop server address. Of course, as has been pointed out on this board, the pop accounts don't update the server.

In June or maybe earlier, I lost the ability to send from the phone. Finally, after reading much on this board and trying many options, I was able to restore sending, receiving, and updating (including deletions of received emails) by creating Yahoo accounts using Yahoo logo choice offered by the phone when creating an email account. Everything has worked fine for the two and one-half weeks since I applied this fix.

I used the following server names and ports

Receive: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: XXX@yahoo.com
    Password
    Port: 993

Send: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: xxx@yahoo.com
    Password:
    Port: 465

I downloaded the certificates using the following command lines

OpenSSL> s_client -showcerts -connect palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993

OpenSSL> s_client -showcerts -connect palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465

Copied the certificates as previously described on this board using Notepad and saving as *.pem files. As also previously described, the *.pem files were transferred to the phone and trusted using Certificate Manager.

A couple of the certificates have expiration dates within the next year, so I suppose they will have to updated when they expire.

I also have a Pixi Plus with webOS 1.4.5 and none of this works with it. Can't figure out how to get the email working on it. Same old message about invalid certificate.

Let me know if this helps or you have questions about what I did.
    Outgoing mail doesn't work on Yahoo. Can't login into the server. I am able to receive yahoo mail using pop3 acct on my palm pre 1.4.5. Gmail works fine both ways....in case of an emergency, i respond the mail i have received on my yahoo acct via gmail...at least i can get the message out...usually i have my touchpad working thru the hotspot on palm pre...so able to survive...but it is getting more and more difficult now...
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    The three certs that have been posted here do still seem to be working.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    the 3 certs didnt seem to work for me. can anyone confirm its still working as of today?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ok so i took the script from grabber 5.0 in the touchpad thread & modified it to get the yahoo certs works the same see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    so i took the script from grabber 5.0 in this thread HP TouchPad - webOS Nation Forums & modified to work with yahoo
    Attached Files Attached Files
    jccjmml7 likes this.
    Working great on my Veer, thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  8.    #148  
    Anyone using Comcast as an internet provider? I'm starting to get encryption errors when trying to access my email accounts with them. The POP accounts look like they've already changed and the IMAP side has been intermittent. I'll have to pull certificates for them when I get some time this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Anyone using Comcast as an internet provider? I'm starting to get encryption errors when trying to access my email accounts with them. The POP accounts look like they've already changed and the IMAP side has been intermittent. I'll have to pull certificates for them when I get some time this weekend.
    My hosting provider TransIP in NL is switching as well to IMAP and SMTP with SSL. So I had to pull certificates for them as well earlier this week. All works well though once imported.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Just want to confirm that my 1.4.5 Pixi can get POP email fine but smtp is the problem. Can't send email. I'd love a solution.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    I received an error message, and my TP from the night before, "The requested server does not support encryption" in two Pre3.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 cover
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E case
    Last edited by IvoHank; 09/15/2015 at 11:24 PM.
    as they are running the patch?

Ya solucionado.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by joshua764; 09/26/2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Yahoo changed the SSL encryption for the POP email server pop.mail.yahoo.com:995 to SHA256 (from SHA1) yesterday. Yahoo emails don't work on Palm Pre now. I was only able to receive it since last March when the IMAP changed the SSL encryption to SHA256.

So my Palm Pre cannot receive any emails...no gmail no yahoo....i will try gmail via pop server...not sure if it work...

Totally screwed now....

I truly wish somebody finds a way around this....not much hope though
    I have no experience, so always hesitate to suggest it, but there is the webOS 2 upgrade.

We're very lucky to have some skilled people here still interested in webOS, but I don't see much more than necessary fixes coming down the pipe. Maybe something could come from the work on LuneOS, but I expect work would be required to make it compatible with webOS 1.4.5. At that point, you may find that LuneOS has calling, N4s are only getting cheaper and a Palm Pre is 5-6 years old.

The upgrade might give you a couple more years of usable life - assuming nothing else gets broken that can't be fixed. You'll have to decide what level of service is good enough for you.
    palmpre06062009 likes this.
    Just to add: Yahoo Mail has a web interface. I clung to the classic view until I think there was a forced 'upgrade' to the new one, which I hated. I now use Thunderbird & webOS only.

So if the webOS 1 browser can handle it, that may remain an option. I'd be interested to read if anyone is able to use this method.
    I seem to have a new problem. Emails sent from my phone don't appear to be saved to the sent mail folder. Has anyone else noticed this? I'll run a few tests. I doubt this is a certificate issue, but I suppose it's possible. If it was an inherent fault in the email app, I'm sure it would have been noticed by now. It could of course be a fault at Yahoo, but emails sent from other machines (e.g. PC) are recorded OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Yahoo changed the SSL encryption for the POP email server pop.mail.yahoo.com:995 to SHA256 (from SHA1) yesterday. Yahoo emails don't work on Palm Pre now. I was only able to receive it since last March when the IMAP changed the SSL encryption to SHA256.

So my Palm Pre cannot receive any emails...no gmail no yahoo....i will try gmail via pop server...not sure if it work...

Totally screwed now....

Can you not add the cert?

Code:
    /C=US/ST=California/L=Sunnyvale/O=Yahoo Inc./OU=Information Technology/CN=legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com
    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    MIIHETCCBfmgAwIBAgIQc+udYKBoZ+XeThoF6R8VsTANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFADB+
    MQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzEdMBsGA1UEChMUU3ltYW50ZWMgQ29ycG9yYXRpb24xHzAd
    BgNVBAsTFlN5bWFudGVjIFRydXN0IE5ldHdvcmsxLzAtBgNVBAMTJlN5bWFudGVj
    IENsYXNzIDMgU2VjdXJlIFNlcnZlciBDQSAtIEc0MB4XDTE1MTAwNjAwMDAwMFoX
    DTE2MTAwNjIzNTk1OVowgZAxCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMRMwEQYDVQQIDApDYWxpZm9y
    bmlhMRIwEAYDVQQHDAlTdW5ueXZhbGUxEzARBgNVBAoMCllhaG9vIEluYy4xHzAd
    BgNVBAsMFkluZm9ybWF0aW9uIFRlY2hub2xvZ3kxIjAgBgNVBAMMGWxlZ2FjeS5w
    b3AubWFpbC55YWhvby5jb20wggEiMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4IBDwAwggEKAoIB
    AQC2INffeKEio9r3pRgZflTAvrgcrBz2fjMNT269R0xx/rLlEF0cGdE9O1LDU2e6
    ZoPteSguKQWI/j/sEYKp1k5DM/UScELRe+d+dBSvDRM2/vo4nxMZvl57G0WQZJCW
    YCUuMcfBOO5dXqRPO1Abqa50O9udu9HuEPXFPfErSUkOO0PAvGStJvg96jhMcZ+3
    g/5vdWU6o+jsMAb4dGfoLIzmofwW5INgyM6if/A2VWO5KeflCb51pJ4lZGnkad4l
    b5RVVRvJ0d10uVmqDWEQtmBBglqP718Ke0ALfZ1kErLeyf5Z7rFNmMkO+f67iSJ1
    BWJjNyPR7neeMi31ZXZffsTpAgMBAAGjggN2MIIDcjCCAioGA1UdEQSCAiEwggId
    ghlsZWdhY3kucG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY29tghJwb3AubWFpbC55YWhvby5jb22C
    FCoucG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY29tghVwb3AuYml6bWFpbC55YWhvby5jb22CFXBv
    cC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLmNvbS5hcoIVcG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY29tLmF1ghVwb3Au
    bWFpbC55YWhvby5jb20uYnKCFXBvcC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLmNvbS5oa4IVcG9wLm1h
    aWwueWFob28uY29tLm15ghVwb3AubWFpbC55YWhvby5jb20ucGiCFXBvcC5tYWls
    LnlhaG9vLmNvbS5zZ4IVcG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY29tLnR3ghVwb3AubWFpbC55
    YWhvby5jb20udm6CFHBvcC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLmNvLmlkghRwb3AubWFpbC55YWhv
    by5jby5pboIUcG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY28ua3KCFHBvcC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLmNv
    LnRoghRwb3AubWFpbC55YWhvby5jby51a4IRcG9wLm1haWwueWFob28uY2GCEXBv
    cC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLmRlghFwb3AubWFpbC55YWhvby5mcoIRcG9wLm1haWwueWFo
    b28uaW6CEXBvcC5tYWlsLnlhaG9vLml0ghNwb3AuY29ycmVvLnlhaG9vLmVzgg5w
    b3AueTdtYWlsLmNvbTAJBgNVHRMEAjAAMA4GA1UdDwEB/wQEAwIFoDAdBgNVHSUE
    FjAUBggrBgEFBQcDAQYIKwYBBQUHAwIwYQYDVR0gBFowWDBWBgZngQwBAgIwTDAj
    BggrBgEFBQcCARYXaHR0cHM6Ly9kLnN5bWNiLmNvbS9jcHMwJQYIKwYBBQUHAgIw
    GRoXaHR0cHM6Ly9kLnN5bWNiLmNvbS9ycGEwHwYDVR0jBBgwFoAUX2DPYZBV34RD
    FIpgKrL1evRDGO8wKwYDVR0fBCQwIjAgoB6gHIYaaHR0cDovL3NzLnN5bWNiLmNv
    bS9zcy5jcmwwVwYIKwYBBQUHAQEESzBJMB8GCCsGAQUFBzABhhNodHRwOi8vc3Mu
    c3ltY2QuY29tMCYGCCsGAQUFBzAChhpodHRwOi8vc3Muc3ltY2IuY29tL3NzLmNy
    dDANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQsFAAOCAQEAidWRWsPQz0RQ5iDwZNj/mN1I1c+hRwHsDfpX
    HprbFxlLyFUU359Toaje6dq3Hkuyg2xBm9SICQ6opVuqf2FwDxpm850tnp1nb/f3
    tRn2aSt4cynm4QRH7qxq3gzFLrj3ibqTYAWLl6nODrzhq+N1OJy9yumwVrA4Hkj1
    w1DILxBUNlxOPap8HoCLooEBQU12nanZalm/svC3/sjGElNngPExOElXfoF5FreM
    KX45tuFRKOiCMHnUZET3VmUhurfduyVSYwUZ75jDB69K7JXG5a3UeW5/J/lb0caX
    GsQlCEONt5xLGKDhG2DhkVd2ERvgVp9Xi3kRvnjswXRBInkbBQ==
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you not add the cert?
    It's a Palm Pre, which is why palmpre06062009 was using POP...

I'm not aware of a current certificate solution for 1.x devices (other than possibly upgrading to webOS 2.x), but maybe Thibaud's OSSL update can eventually be applied across the board...?

Of course, Yahoo have a web interface.... Does that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post

Totally screwed now....

Do you have an old hotmail or live.com account? I was able to add my live.com account as an exchange account on the pre emulator (My palm pre went for a swim. It doesn't work anymore.) I had to do manual setup and just used m.hotmail.com as the exchange server. I have the updated root certs loaded, but that's the only thing I have running on it.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you have an old hotmail or live.com account? I was able to add my live.com account as an exchange account on the pre emulator (My palm pre went for a swim. It doesn't work anymore.) I had to do manual setup and just used m.hotmail.com as the exchange server. I have the updated root certs loaded, but that's the only thing I have running on it.
    Hello. I have live.com account. Thanks.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast