Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    At this point, I believe that since I've used my files on all my devices, and others have too and stated that it worked for them, I gather that there's no problem with them, I'd have to say that it's probably your device that's got a corruption.

If rebooting the phone didn't help, then if could be so many things. Given the state of server support, I'm in full paranoya about doctoring and recovering all my apps (free or paid) without issues, so I would highly recommend that you'd backup your Apps locally first.

The POP account did work for me, but as others have stated, this will probably end up suffering from the same certificate issue.
    Agreed...Your files worked fine on my TP.

I have POP up and running now, but not the same user experience.

Also have all my IPK files stored, just in case. Still, don't think I'll attempt doctoring. Phone's less than a year old. Although I don't remember the details setting it up, I do remember it being a pain. Time & patience not on my side at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    How are you putting the files on your device? You can not use the devices browser to download them. It's best to use the usb cable to transfer the files. You have to push the "+" button on the certificate manager to add a new cert.
    Yeah, that's the process...USB transfer from either Mac or PC. Then launch from within Internalz or direct from Cert Mgr by hitting the sun + icon. The result is a blank screen. The phone lags after that and needs a reboot.
    Last edited by batterboy; 03/12/2015 at 11:52 AM.
    (updated to simplify even more)

A thousand thanks to Preemptive and markar that provided the info and instructions that make it possible to figure it out.

To assist, here's my simplified approach and I am including the .pem files so those that would have the trouble like I did to understand and get them done, don't have to fuss to get them. (getting the pem were the hardest part)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the fix in three/four easy to follow steps.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) download the attachment below on this message. It contains the 3 pem files that you'll need.

They are the 3 certificates (pulled from my machine, and confirmed to work for those that have used them)

yahoo1.pem
    yahoo2.pem
    yahoo3.pem

2) copy them on the device via USB (or WIFI file sharing), I placed them in the download folder.

3) Either via Internalz open the first one, this will open the Certificate Manager, or go to "Device Info", and top left menu, you'll find Certificate Manager.

Trust Certificate for all of them (get each next one via the gear-like + icon in the left bottom).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is all that is needed, the emails should be working again.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(repeat 2 and 3 for all other devices you have)

4) (if needed) reboot the device,

As I was testing things out, I deleted my accounts and redid them manually
    They probably didn't have time to start working before I believed that they weren't working, so before you delete yours, give it a few minutes. (I'll be testing with my wife's Pre3 later and will update this post if I find that I was just impatient or if it is needed.)

In case you want to redo your accounts, here's the setup:

incoming:

imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username (email)
    password

SSL encryption
    993 Port #

Outgoing:
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use aut. (on)
    username (email)
    password

SSL encryption
    465 Port #

But remember that it can take a few minutes for that yield icon to go away.
    awesome, thank you for the instructions. I can confirm it works.
    BTW POP settings worked for me just as well "SSL encryption port 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing."
    Psst...

Here's some simple instructions and the files you'll need.

Problems with Yahoo Mail
    Thanks. Nice to see this after I followed the original article and went through all the kinks. The prevailing solution, and this link, and the original link should be posted at the beginning of the thread (Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE
    BTW, if you create the certs, you need to save them as plain text. Cert manager will allow you to add them w/o using internalz if you use the icon at bottom left of page. And it worked for me without needing to reboot.
    Even without the clarifications, the help is greatly appreciated. Now have both google and yahoo back, if we could only get facebook to work and be able to transfer Palm contacts to these devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by hayduke7 View Post
    Now have both google and yahoo back, if we could only get facebook to work and be able to transfer Palm contacts to these devices...
    I haven't tried it lately, but there is the data transfer assistant for the HP/Palm account...so long since I used it...!

Palm contacts can be exported from Palm desktop as .vcf files and imported to your preferred cloud service...

HP webOS : Move Calendar and Contacts from other locations
    Quote Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
    awesome, thank you for the instructions. I can confirm it works.
    BTW POP settings worked for me just as well "SSL encryption port 995 for incoming and 465 for outgoing."
    Thanks,

For the POP account.. someone has mentioned that the security protocols have yet to be updated by yahoo, which means, once they do, the POP accounts will possibly stop working same as this issue.

Unless the POP ends up using the same certificates....?
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Thanks,

For the POP account.. someone has mentioned that the security protocols have yet to be updated by yahoo, which means, once they do, the POP accounts will possibly stop working same as this issue.

Unless the POP ends up using the same certificates....?
    Haven't tried it, but I think you just follow the instructions to query the pop server via the digicert site and download & apply in the same manner. So you can check it and update as needed hopefully.

I think the cert has the word 'legacy' in it somewhere. I think the reason imap is preferred over pop is either better functionality or possibly security...
    Has anyone tried installing openssl in preware on palm pre 1.4.5 and got yahoo email working?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  9. GLO
    I'm at work, don't have them here, but I'll get them to you later. You download 4 pem files into the download folder in your USB drive of your Pre 3. Then using Internalz Pro, you open each of these 4 files, and click on verify the certificate and your Yahoo mail will instantly work normally.
    Both TP and Pre3 are now almost constantly alerting me to check my login - but still receiving mail. I'm assuming it's connected to the original problem, but maybe not. I changed the frequency of checking to 1 hour - to no effect.

Anyone got any ideas? It's not as annoying as no mail, but it's quite annoying!
  11. GLO
    Attached is a folder with the 4 pem files you need to download into your download folder in the USB drive of your webOS phone to restore Yahoo mail current function. After you download them into the phone's USB drive downloads folder, close the USB drive, and use Internalz Pro to individually open these 4 pem files. When you open each, choose to use the new security certificate, and then voila!--your yahoo e-mail will resume normal function. If you wanna know why this is necessary, here's a link that will explain it.
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Both TP and Pre3 are now almost constantly alerting me to check my login - but still receiving mail. I'm assuming it's connected to the original problem, but maybe not. I changed the frequency of checking to 1 hour - to no effect.

I believe this is related to Yahoo Contacts/Calendar not syncing anymore. This has nothing to do with the recent problem with Yahoo Mail that was addressed for Touchpad, Pre3, etc., via manual update of the certificates.
    The solution to the Yahoo (Google) Contacts/Calendar sync is C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

Yup, it's trying to login for the other account sections (messaging, contacts, calendar.)

Delete your yahoo accounts, create the email via the email app, and use the info as per:

incoming:
    imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username (email)
    password
    SSL encryption
    993 Port #

Outgoing:
    smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use aut. (on)
    username (email)
    password
    SSL encryption
    465 Port #

If you do use your contact, calendar and such, it's time to update with the "C+Dav Synergy connector"
    C+Dav Synergy connector for owncloud, google, yahoo, iCloud

While I preferred yahoo's calendar, it just never worked well with WebOs, so I switched to Goggle's calendar...and aside this issue (requiring the C+Dav), it's working great. And the contacts are pulled in from this (as above) setup anyways and messaging with yahoo has been getting worse in time.. so I just go with skype (and have video too anyways).
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    No need to delete the account, just go into the accounts app and turn off calendar and contacts.
    The contacts thing sounds reasonable, but I have the ysync patch... so is that really the cause?

It's no problem to switch to C+DAV for Yahoo contacts as I'm using it already.

I've also been meaning to remove and re-add the mail account on the phone as it has umpteen duplicates of the bulk mail folder - which I guess is a syncing error similar to the one that caused multiple calendar category duplicates on Google.

Also, I had a quick check and the switches in my accounts app are all set correctly still. Yahoo is on for email & contacts only.
    One way to get it to work when installing the latest SSL files for IMAP doesnít work is to follow these simple steps tested in webOS 1.4.5.

1: Use OpenSSL to get the certificates for pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995) or use the ones provided in the attachment and install them.

2: Setup the email account as POP and use legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995) as incoming server using SSL, outgoing server is the same as posted above as are all the settings.

After that I had no problem adding Yahoo to contacts and calendar, I hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by GLO View Post
    Attached is a folder with the 4 pem files you need to download into your download folder in the USB drive of your webOS phone to restore Yahoo mail current function. After you download them into the phone's USB drive downloads folder, close the USB drive, and use Internalz Pro to individually open these 4 pem files. When you open each, choose to use the new security certificate, and then voila!--your yahoo e-mail will resume normal function. If you wanna know why this is necessary, here's a link that will explain it.
    Guide: Fixing Yahoo mail. | pivotCE

Attached Files
    Fixing Yahoo mail for webOS.zip (5.7 KB, 7 views) Email Attachment
    Note: Inside of your ZIP download, two of the four files are exactly the same (except for an extra space at the end of imap.mail.yahoo.com.pem):
    imap.mail.yahoo.com.pem and yahoo1.pem

So there are only 3 certificates that need to be installed instead of 4.
    Last edited by UI Designer; 03/28/2015 at 02:30 AM.
    Out of interest, I assume the contacts are accessed from a different server address and perhaps we need an updated cert for that? Does anyone have any idea of the address? I'm mainly asking for 1.4.5 users. I have painlessly switched to C+DAV for contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Wiztenberg View Post
    One way to get it to work when installing the latest SSL files for IMAP doesnít work is to follow these simple steps tested in webOS 1.4.5.

1: Use OpenSSL to get the certificates for pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995) or use the ones provided in the attachment and install them.

2: Setup the email account as POP and use legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995) as incoming server using SSL, outgoing server is the same as posted above as are all the settings.

After that I had no problem adding Yahoo to contacts and calendar, I hope this helps.
    I installed your 3 certificates on my palm pre 1.4.5 (sprint)

I deleted my IMAP Yahoo Acct and manually added Pop Yahoo acct. I don't get the certificate error anymore, but I am not getting any messages. It says no messages in last 7 days.

Can you please help? Thx.
    Is there a specific way to setup the POP Yahoo email acct? Not sure why it is not working. These are steps I followed.

Email --> Preferences & Accounts --> Add an account --> Manual Setup (via Pull down menu) --> POP --> xyz@yahoo.com

Incoming mail server : legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com
    username: is it xyz or xyz@yahoo.com (i tried both)
    password: xxx
    encryption: SSL
    port#: 995

Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com or palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    use authenticateion: ON
    username: xyz or xyz@yahoo.com (both seem to work; i am able to send email just like when I had the IMAP acct setup)
    password: xxx
    encryption:SSL
    port#: 465

Am I missing anything? Do I need to change anything on my Yahoo profile settings, etc.?

I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast