Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    I would ask you to test download speed of devicetool.jar at
    cdn.downloads.palm.si/sdkdownloads/ActivationBypass/2010-04-16/devicetool.jar and let me know the speeds you are getting (country + speed, i need information from Europe (as many countries as possible), USA, Canada, Australia ...)
    If speed is not sufficient I will make one mirror in UK and one in USA.
    around 750 KB/s - 1,2MB/s on edu infrastructure in DE - so around 15-20s for 25,1MB
    also around 1MB/s @home in DE (50Mbit max so 6MB/s would be max)
  2.    #22  
    Issues:

So i just realized i have not added the facebook app/service so far, so i install app version 1.5.6 and tried creating an account in synergy, but that on didn't work:

logging in while trying to add facebook to Accounts from phone accounts now says signon information incorrect.
    logging in from facebook app says
    Error: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Facebook login failed 1: [400]: When in development mode, only application owners can use this method
    I also tried rebooting, deactivating devmode but that didn't help and also restore data of facebook via save&restore also did not work ("archive not restored").

I don't know if that message above is a "Dr. skipped first use" problem or perhaps a standard prob right now as the app was failing big time anyway.
    So no big loss, beside the notification service for others friends actions, but i wanted to mention.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post

That would be up today as soon as i get an SSL certs issue fixed.. but at this point some stuff still needs work, so there won't be a paid service until that's working 100%.

I do wish i had a more forgiving schedule to work on this in the daytime because i'm seriously behind on sleep and that wipes out my late evenings and then everything i planned for the day gets rolled over into the next. Very frustrating and it's been like that for weeks. But at this point, there's no more extra time, and that changes all priorities.

There you have your more forgiving schedule :

Code:
    NEW: There will be a short extension period for cloud services support of webOS devices.

As previously announced, cloud services support for webOS devices was to end on January 15, 2015. To assist customers in transitioning in new services, we have decided to extend the shutdown date by two months. The new end date is March 15, 2015
    HP App Catalog and cloud services to be shut down Jan 15, 2015

weird for those app devs that went free and opensource, but now we have more time to get all right.
    Remy X likes this.
    Man, that's a miracle!

And @Sumy, thank you!

I will be back in maybe a half hour, so pardon my terse reply...

I would ask you to test download speed of devicetool.jar at
    cdn.downloads.palm.si/sdkdownloads/ActivationBypass/2010-04-16/devicetool.jar and let me know the speeds you are getting (country + speed, i need information from Europe (as many countries as possible), USA, Canada, Australia ...)
    If speed is not sufficient I will make one mirror in UK and one in USA.
    Italy here, but somehow I'm unable to say how quick it was... it was showing an absurd speed ( more than 25MB/s , and I've a 7Mb .. so 750KBs is the max ). I think it took around 10 seconds

Edit :
    2 extra months of grace ? What happened... aliens invaded us and I didn't realize? (worth playing the numbers at lotto ?)

Edit 2:
    Why free apps would be limited (downloading) ?
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/12/2015 at 03:40 PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Issues:

So i just realized i have not added the facebook app/service so far, so i install app version 1.5.6 and tried creating an account in synergy, but that on didn't work:

Quote:
    logging in while trying to add facebook to Accounts from phone accounts now says signon information incorrect.
    logging in from facebook app says
    Quote:
    Error: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Facebook login failed 1: [400]: When in development mode, only application owners can use this method

I also tried rebooting, deactivating devmode but that didn't help and also restore data of facebook via save&restore also did not work ("archive not restored").

I don't know if that message above is a "Dr. skipped first use" problem or perhaps a standard prob right now as the app was failing big time anyway.
    So no big loss, beside the notification service for others friends actions, but i wanted to mention.
    I just changed facebook PW and now it is also failing on my other devices (exact same having real profiles and where it was working until pw change. Also tried easy pw without symbols.

So it seems facebook creating new account/changing pw is out of the game and it has nothing to do with "Dr skipped first used" profile
    All tried on webos 2.2.4 devices two Pre2 and one Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I just changed facebook PW and now it is also failing on my other devices (exact same having real profiles and where it was working until pw change. Also tried easy pw without symbols.

So it seems facebook creating new account/changing pw is out of the game and it has nothing to do with "Dr skipped first used" profile
    All tried on webos 2.2.4 devices two Pre2 and one Pre3.
    Facebook authentication from webOS died a couple months ago at least, at the same time they killed the app on the server causing our content to disappear.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I've jumped ship, but there was something I couldn't do without.

q10 touchstone mod.jpg

BB Q10.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
    cbosdell likes this.
    nice mod, pity about having to disconnect the cable from the microusb port, if needed for other things... but you found a very small connector there,,, very very small.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    nice mod, pity about having to disconnect the cable from the microusb port, if needed for other things... but you found a very small connector there,,, very very small.
    Found cheap universal QI receiver tags on Ebay and removed the usb connector/cable from one of them and installed it on the Touchstone receiver. The odd thing is I have to plug the Touchstone into the BlackBerry charger for it to work. With the Palm charger the Touchstone cycles on and off and doesn't charge. the Q10.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12