Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    There some interesting points here.

I must agree that the market doesn't know what it wants, and also what it wants evolves. I've heard a lot of people here posting they've come back because they missed their webOS device.

The past two years have been dominated by slabs, led at first by the demand for LTE devices And the bigger is better mindset.

But now there's a lull in technology. Consumers are reaching burnout on the monotony of slabs. They'll try something new simply because it's new, which is why the watches are being hyped and actually finally being noticed.

Because electronics corps have been trying sell smart watches SINCE DICKTRACY. in the 80s, calculator watches actually caught on for a moment. But they have been trying since. The timing is finally right.

Now any device could benefit from a good design. Build the better mousetrap. Consumers will not care if the system: about screen says android or open webOS. They WILL care about that remarkably brilliant UI using round icons in an up-spiraling effect. That was very cool.

The UI/UX is why we are all webOS fans. It's smooth. It makes sense. If devices come to market and hit this target, they should sell. (Don't make palms mistake of cheap materials and poor distribution; and don't make HP's mistake of bad mgmt of course)

That watch was cool. I already am interested. WHO ISN'T?

I wonder if Alcatels news pushed LG to remind us who to keep an eye on... Or just coincidence we are getting all this news? Either way it's a silver lining for this week, our last to prepare for the shut off.

Meanwhile someone hook up that watch to a terminal and get us some more info! Who else has one!?
    you are right. i was never interested in a smartwatch or any wearable until today..
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by homer14z View Post
    you are right. i was never interested in a smartwatch or any wearable until today..
    ME TOO.

Funny how that works! Swirly circles! I'm mesmerized!

Yeah. That is the power of Good design. That's why we love the Pre. Code can be buggy, materials can be low grade, production can be slow, distribution can be inconsistent, and support can be insufficient...

... But if the design is good, it stokes your passion, and that is what makes you come back for more, whether it's wise or not. That's how I got through 11 of these devices over the last 5 years. I always wanted a replacement! Now Give me a Pre4!

Sorry. Got a little worked up there. WebOS toaster... WebOS toaster...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    LG will end up taking a webos phone but it will not make the same mistake it on the market without any applications. Television and Watches ... Once there are enough applications would not make sense not get a phone with webos. Does anyone think like me? ^^
    Looks like "by early 2016" is the time frame. How that turns out to be in 2015 rather than 1Q 2016.. I think a phone is on the table also. especially when it will control your tv and start your car.
    Last edited by homer14z; 01/08/2015 at 05:27 PM. Reason: added
    Well, now that we know LG does have a webOS smart watch, there are rumors that LG will have a companion webOS smartphone by the time the watch is released
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Hey, while we're wishing... maybe someone could hack into an LG SmartWatch .... or an Apple Watch and tether it to an existing Pre3 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Hey, while we're wishing... maybe someone could hack into an LG SmartWatch .... or an Apple Watch and tether it to an existing Pre3 :-)
    Not the watches you're looking for, but, MWatch | webOS Nation

Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Well, now that we know LG does have a webOS smart watch, there are rumors that LG will have a companion webOS smartphone by the time the watch is released
    What rumours? Link?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12