1.    #1  
    The end is nearing. :-(
    I have 4 Veers 1 Touchpad and 2 Pre's with touchstone charging systems. I love that charging system.
    I see where years ago someone charged some mp3 players but has anyone tried these coils in the back of something like a Galaxy? I have a Galaxy Ace II that I was tempted to try it on but I am not sure about the charging interface and overcharging the phone????
    I figured a simple adapter that would slide in between the battery contacts would work for a trial??
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    The end is nearing. :-(
    I have 4 Veers 1 Touchpad and 2 Pre's with touchstone charging systems. I love that charging system.
    I see where years ago someone charged some mp3 players but has anyone tried these coils in the back of something like a Galaxy? I have a Galaxy Ace II that I was tempted to try it on but I am not sure about the charging interface and overcharging the phone????
    I figured a simple adapter that would slide in between the battery contacts would work for a trial??
    https://plus.google.com/+RodWhitby/posts

or search google for touchstone and samsung galaxy
    There are some ready-made third party Touchstone covers made for Galaxy phones... e.g.: New Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Wireless Charging Touchstone Charger Back Cover | eBay
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    I saw that. Doesn't seem to fit my Galaxy Ace II.
    Pretty sure the coil in one of my Veers will fit between my cover and the Galaxy phone. It's pretty tight in there. The Pre has the chipset on the cover and is a bit thicker at the circuit board but the Veer just has the coil on the back and a ribbon to the phone but I'm not sure where the chipset is. Probably on the main board somewhere? Was hoping to connect the coil to the battery with a ribbon and the internal system would regulate the charge... but that seems too simple.
  5.    #5  
    The s4 and S5 must have exposed live contacts when you pull the cover off so that the coil can contact the the phone???
    I don't see anything like this on my Ace.
    Pretty sure the coil in one of my Veers will fit between my cover and the Galaxy phone. It's pretty tight in there. The Pre has the chipset on the cover and is a bit thicker at the circuit board but the Veer just has the coil on the back and a ribbon to the phone but I'm not sure where the chipset is. Probably on the main board somewhere? Was hoping to connect the coil to the battery with a ribbon and the internal system would regulate the charge... but that seems too simple.
    Well Ace and Galaxy S4 are different devices altogether...

S4 has a factory charging cover which uses their own proprietary coil, but under the hood the coil couples with the phone just like the Pre does, hence the mod is possible like that.

For other devices you're gonna have to do some wiring and soldering.

Would be nice if someone came up with a film that attaches via micro USB but for the Touchstone standard instead of Qi:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wire...bosnation0e-20
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Coils are still readily available for ordering on the eg ebay as well less than 10 US $ and free internatinal shipping
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Coils are still readily available for ordering on the eg ebay as well less than 10 US $ and free internatinal shipping
    Or $4 from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Computing...bosnation0e-20

Salvage the coil, ditch the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well Ace and Galaxy S4 are different devices altogether...

S4 has a factory charging cover which uses their own proprietary coil, but under the hood the coil couples with the phone just like the Pre does, hence the mod is possible like that.

For other devices you're gonna have to do some wiring and soldering.

Would be nice if someone came up with a film that attaches via micro USB but for the Touchstone standard instead of Qi:

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wire...bosnation0e-20
    Hmmmm...

I'm aware that Touchstone & Qi are incompatible. Is there any danger in mixing them? I was under the impression that the TS advantage is in the anchoring magnets. Can either standard be said to have an advantage when it comes to simply charging?

Is there anything preventing the addition of magnets to a Qi system?

I'd guess there are plenty of touchstone parts out there, but they are nonetheless a finite resource, so it seems logical in the future to modify Qi parts to combine a compatibilty advantage with the usefulness of magnetic positioning. I'm not sure why I haven't seen this unless there is a Palm patent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hmmmm...

I'm aware that Touchstone & Qi are incompatible. Is there any danger in mixing them? I was under the impression that the TS advantage is in the anchoring magnets. Can either standard be said to have an advantage when it comes to simply charging?

Is there anything preventing the addition of magnets to a Qi system?

I'd guess there are plenty of touchstone parts out there, but they are nonetheless a finite resource, so it seems logical in the future to modify Qi parts to combine a compatibilty advantage with the usefulness of magnetic positioning. I'm not sure why I haven't seen this unless there is a Palm patent...
    Nexus 5's Qi system actually has magnets, but there aren't any docks out there with magnets so people DIY them:

What I meant was I wished someone made film like that but with Touchstone instead of Qi. So we can add Touchstone to whatever phone we can get a hold of...

You can get both TS coils and Qi coils/cases for the Galaxy 4. I'm assuming the output voltage is the same from both devices, and it's the oscillating/charging frequency that's different. Has anyone tested this? I don't have a Qi coil or charger, but I could test the TS coils I have.
    I did see a charging system at a Fry's that included a charging stand that looked almost identical to the TouchStone Audio Dock, and there were different carrying cases sold for different models of phones, which included the required hardware in the case. And they were magnet mounted. I would've bought it had I seen that they had cases for any phones I recognized.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: