Page 1 of 20 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes
  1.    #1  
    While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course ultimately end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have clearly had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist).

Everyone posting here with a post count of 10 or less gets an automatic like from me. You cannot buy this kind of love!

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/20/2015 at 10:28 PM.
    sshaka, MudShark22 and sspirall like this.
  2.    #2  
    So for example, though I may not be the number one webOS user, with this thread, I get to be first!

User No.1

The next poster will be 2! So for your first post on this thread, scroll up, find the last number and add yourself. Let's see how many of us there are...

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/29/2014 at 12:07 PM.
    User #2
    Started with a Pixi+, then a Pre+, then a Pre2 finally a Pre3-all on Verizon.
    16GB TouchPad shortly after the firesale, added a 32GB about a year ago, both still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    Last edited by broncot; 12/30/2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added device details
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Would a poll aid in the counting of users?
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    So you're not counting yourself? Berd breaks the rules already!

A poll would have only one question. Posts keep the thread visible and allow a remark. There may be prizes for, "...my cold, dead hands." and, "I'll be here in the coming months."

THE RULES:
    User # 3. WebOS hasn't had as much usage on my Touchpad lately over Android and LuneOS, but I will definitely keep for as long as possible. Perhaps as soon as the memory issues get worked out LuneOS could snatch some more regular time.

THE RULES:

While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist)

THE RULES:

User #4 I have a Pre3, Pre Plus, Veer, Pixi Plus and a TouchPad running webOS ans LuneOS. I have no need to stop using. And I see no reason for changing the OS.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    User #5 I have a Verizon Pre3, Verizon Pre2, Verizon Pre Plus, AT&T Veer, Verizon Pixi Plus, WiFi and AT&T Touchpad, and access to several Touchpad Go's...

Use my Verizon Pre Plus with webOS 2.2.4 as my daily phone...

Per Rule #2, Answer to post #15:WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...

THE RULES:

Last edited by John Steffes; 12/29/2014 at 08:09 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    User #6. I use my FrankenPre2 as my daily driver, though I hope to be switching full time to an unlocked Pre3 on ST soon, if I can get my numbers switched between two of my lines so I can port my main number out. That may not happen. I also have and use two Touchpads (one dual booting LuneOS), an unlocked Veer, two spare Pre3s, two spare Pre2s, two Pixi+, my old Sprint Pre, and a Pre+ that I broke the volume ribbon while swapping modems repeatedly investigating a problem. I left our various parts phones and quite possibly forgot some.

THE RULES:

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/10/2015 at 05:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    User #7

Verizon Pre2 on Page Plus as daily driver. 1 pixi plus as backup.
    Hope the Pre 2 holds out another year (1.5 years old).

THE RULES:

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    .User #8
    TP

Oops, I thought I was just one of the inevitables.

THE RULES:

Just call me Berd.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Guess I'm User #9

But I'm beginning to feel like I'm in a relationship with someone who will not love me back... and starting to wonder how long I'll put up with it

Got a phone in use and a spare should this one dies. Will always use it in some manner, but as service keep dying off it, it will be used less.

So for example, though I may not be the number one webOS user, with this thread, I get to be first!

User No.1

The next poster will be 2! So for your first post on this thread, scroll up, find the last number and add yourself. Let's see how many of us there are...
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    User #10

Pre2 and Pre3 that I still play with occasionally and a Touchpad (dual-booting webOS and CM11)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/09/2015 at 04:12 PM.
    User #11 (am I one user or multiple users ?)
    In my family we run 1 Veer, 3.5 Pre3, 2 Pre2, (some broken Pre+), one TP Go and several other Wifi TouchPads in black and white.

What is the user count good for ? - just for fun ?

THE RULES:

Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    User #5 I have a Verizon Pre3, Verizon Pre2, Verizon Pre Plus, AT&T Veer, Verizon Pixi Plus, WiFi and AT&T Touchpad, and access to several Touchpad Go's...

Use my Verizon Pre Plus with webOS 2.2.4 as my daily phone...
    You have a Pre plus with webOS 2.2.4? How do you do this? I want it for my Pre plus too.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    User 12

Touchpad with LuneOS and a retired collection consisting of a Pre 2, some Pixi Pluses, and my Original Pre-

THE RULES:

User 13

Pre3
    TouchPad
    Nexus 4 with LuneOS

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    lucky 14
    Pre3 is my daily driver. The others are backups. Don't use my TP much. Use a note 2 as my tablet and for the bank apps.

2 pre 3
    2 veers
    2 tp
    1 pre 2
    Last edited by frantid; 12/29/2014 at 04:47 PM.
    user #15
    Pre3, Touchpad and Pre+

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #16 (pre 3 x2, tp, veer)

THE RULES:

Page 1 of 20 123456 11 ... LastLast