Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #66? I've got a touchpad I need to work on before Jan. 15, a Verizon Pre3 that I'm using daily and a spare Vz Pre3 in the event I lose the first one...
    Preemptive likes this.
    67?
    wrote a whole post but somehow didnt get picked up

Touchpad is ready for LuneOS as soon as it is easier to install as I never backed up the touchpad. I fire it up occasionally for songID. Was hoping to use it as daily driver again when I sold my other tabs but no go as browser is slow and no MSFT office.

Put CM10 (is this icecream, lollipop, mudpie?)on it with Amazon app store but android still makes my skin crawl so never use it.

Veer got quite a few compliments when I used it this past fall overseas and set it up for biz colleague for the same (although cant see myself giving it to him again unless we have solution for cloud storage and restore once HP shuts down). Used tmobile hotspot in paris square to skype via tab to California--was wonderful. Palm ahead of its time on the veer size. Do you think topolsky et al will rag on the apple watch for being too small when it gets introduced?

Verizon Pre 3 is spare in case something happens to daily driver. Last year I lost phone in cab so used it for a few weeks. VZW support game to set it up but gave me puzzled looks.

Think we should buy up mynewpalmNOT.com and register our displeasure with the brand sale if indeed it gets put on some android trash phone. Enough noise and perhaps we will scare them away...Too bad HP had to waste assets and then sell off to something that might drag it into the dust, have not bought anythign with HP name on it since

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Preemptive

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist)

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    #69, #70 and #71

I have 2 Pre3s and 1 Pre+

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist)

THE RULES:

Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    #72, #73 & #74....

Started the new year with a new phone since my Pre3 developed a microphone issue.

Ive kept a boxed Pre3 as backup, had it setup prior to App Catalog purchases shut down so that it would be ready go once needed.

In use:
    Pre3 x1
    Touchpad x1
    Touchpad4G x1

Got one more Pre3 as backup but since its not currently in use im not counting it.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  7.    #87  
    Just a note that we are counting users, not devices. Please claim numbers for your families, but if you have a collection, then one number is enough.

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, not devices.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/02/2015 at 08:35 AM.
    + one to that. - #75?
    I have 4 Veers, 2 Pre's and 1 Touchpad.
    The Touchpad and 1 Veer are used all the time so that should count as 2 working online devices.
    #75 I suppose, but not sure for how long. Seriously considering a BlackBerry and waiting on the right model (Classic with Qi charging).

Only webOS device in service is my AT&T Pre 3 unlocked now on Telus/Koodo. TouchPad is full time Cyanogenmod now, and even that isn't really being used. I use my Windows 8 tablet way more.

For device history, see my signature

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, not devices.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 01/02/2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    #76 one Touchpad. No mobile phone, because I don't own a mobile phone and really don't have a need for a mobile phone. That said, I have no idea how long my touchpad will stay alive, but I have no (moderately good) alternative at the moment...at least not in iOS or android. So as long as my touchpad is viable, I'll stick to it and webOS. Will I buy a new one on ebay if it's dead? - I don't know yet.

#77 (if I count my brother's Pre3 and Touchpad...but of course I can't really speak for him)

THE RULES:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked HP Pre3 AT&T that I use with Rogers in Canada but I switch with an android phone from time to time.

THE RULES:

12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    + one to that. - #75?
    I have 4 Veers, 2 Pre's and 1 Touchpad.
    The Touchpad and 1 Veer are used all the time so that should count as 2 working online devices.
    Naughty, naughty, number 63! Or are you posting again for a family member? My mind-reading skills are sadly lacking.

THE RULES:
    this makes #79 or something like that for using touchpad, pre3 and having had previous versions

still loving it, however having serious problems with touchpad - I can't get it installed again, apps don't load anymore - any suggestions? please IM/mail me

THE RULES:
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #80?

Two TouchPads.

I've thought about putting Android on one. May look at LuneOS.
    Preemptive likes this.
    #81 - Pre2 & Touchpad
    #82- my wife's Pre2
    All will be kept on WebOS. Doctors and apps are secured.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjtan View Post
    #81 - Pre2 & Touchpad
    #82- my wife's Pre2
    All will be kept on WebOS. Doctors and apps are secured.

One 16 GB Touchpad running and a 32 GB I'm trying to get online...

THE RULES:
    Preemptive likes this.

HP Pre 3

THE RULES:
    Preemptive likes this.

Waiting on a BNIB Pre 2

Pre > Pre 2 > 3 (yes 3!) Pre 3's > Pre2 (small form factor appeals)
    16GB TP

I should point out that does not include my other handsets in between also currently have a 808 PureView, Lumia 925, BB Z10, BB Z30 and Moto X (2014) and a long suffering partner lol

Fired up the TP to back up apps and thought I am coming back and bought the Pre 2 hehe

Live Die Repeat, webOS Edge of Tomorrow

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper10 View Post

THE RULES:

I'm using my Veer as a clock does that count?

THE RULES:
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast