Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
Like Tree228Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    i have an old palm pixi plus and a HP Touchpad. i dont use them as of right now but i did use the Palm Pixi Plus for a few months while my old samsung galaxy phone gave out on me i used my pixi and it worked great until my phone upgrade came to be. as for the Touchpad i bought it off of someone at a yard sale a few days ago but after seeing the fact that HP Shutdown the server for them i can't really reset it now.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Do YOU want to be 345?
    Count me as Legacy webOS user #347, as the previous two users likely said yes.

Had a Palm Pixi Plus as my daily driver for a couple years until early 2013, that was my favourite smartphone! It now lives at my bedside (on a Touchstone) functioning as a never-fail alarm clock, arcade, and web browser for when my Galaxy Note 3 is charging. I still play the games on webOS that I could never find on Android. I rocked a Palm T|X before that, and it remians the mp3 player for my home stereo via an SDcard playlist. No intention of ever changing this setup until they die, because for me they're ideal examples of what a phone and a PDA should be. Still have a Trēo 680, a Zire 22, and a Palm V that continue to function with questionable battery life, but never using them although such great memories come flooding back just to hold them for a sec.

So far no smart-device purchase in the last 13 years has ever required me to go without a stylus, yah old habits die hard! Would love to give a LuneOS-driven device a whirl someday if I ever get my hands on one. And I will forever dream of what could have transpired if Mochi had ever been built-in to webOS devices! While Derek's still contributing articles I'll keep checking back in to webosnation randomly, and fully enjoy catching up on aggregate news about webOS persistence in LG devices, webOS Ports, PivotCE, webOS Internals... heck all the folks still keeping us webOS faithful. BlackBerry was supposed to release a "Vienna/Mercury/DTEK70" smartphone in Q1 2017 which would have nicely mimicked the Pixi form factor. (And replaced my aging slab phone nicely, with a fixed physical keyboard halleluja!) Guess the news they stopped making handsets means I will have to get a firesale Priv after all?

Edit:
    In order to curb too many reply posts in this thread just gonna here and point out to PrePixiLove below that the Pixi never featured a square screen! ;-) And also that GSMarena posted a last hurrah several weeks AFTER the fateful BB announcement, only to tease me further of course: http://www.gsmarena.com/upcoming_bla...news-21126.php

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, not devices.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Last edited by sspirall; 10/27/2016 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Inline post repliy, spell-checking, reflowed content
    PrePixiLove likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sspirall View Post
    Count me as #347, as the previous two users likely said yes.

I was using a Palm Pixi Plus as my daily driver for a couple years until early 2013, that was my first smartphone! Now it lives at my bedside (on a Touchstone) functioning as alarm clock, arcade, and a backup web browser for when my Galaxy Note 3 is charging. I still play the games on the on webOS that I could never find on Android. I rocked a Palm T|X before that, and it is still the mp3 player for my home stereo via an SDcard playlist. No intention of ever changing this setup until they die, because for me they're ideal examples of what a phone and a PDA should be. Up until I heard the bad news this week, BlackBerry was supposed to release a "Vienna-Mercury-DTEK70" smartphone soon that would have nicely mimicked the Pixi form factor. (And replaced my aging slab phone nicely, with a fixed physical keyboard halleluja!) Guess I will have to get a firesale Priv after all?

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, not devices.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    The BlackBerry Q10 very nicely mimicks the Pixi form factor :3

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    xandros9 and sspirall like this.
    OK. Redoctored and resuscitated one of me former three Pre3s a couple of weeks ago. One got stolen. Really! The first time one of my mobile phones had been stolen. And this dumb ***** took a webOS phone with no HP servers any longer and no app catalog. Good luck!

One Pre3 is used as a touchstone battery charger - broken screen. The other one is my spare phone.

One of the Androids can't be charged any longer - socket broken. Other ones died of broken screens or broken OS - 2.x no longer useful. Seems to be a lot easier to get webOS 2.2.4 to work with google services than Android 2.2 Froyo or 2.3 Gingerbread. My latest Android device was thought to be a rugged phone, but the touchscreen was faulty - kind of dead on arrival. Went back to seller, and the 16 GB ATT Pre3 was put into service again. Rebooting once in awhile. And still no kindle app. And no audible app. But both aren't very useful at work. So the Pre3 is my actual working horse again - just as it had been 5 years ago.

So I can be counted as webOS user #348, legacy webOS. No LuneOS device (not yet). No touchpad. Veer in use (very rarely), Pre2 even more rarely. And two Pre first series resting peacefully between two Palm OS LifeDrive, one Tungsten T5, one Tungsten T3, and one Palm IIIc with Kodak PalmPix - not counting all the Nokias, and one Motorola International 3200.

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    Last edited by ZehHa; 10/27/2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    #348 and #349 here! I use a Pre 2 with lots of customization and patches loaded and my 8-year-old son inherited my Pre, which is "the game phone". Also have a Touchpad but it's booted to Android more than WebOS. I'm pretty isolated from any other WebOS users but love the platform and hope to use it for a long time... if I can ever get a Pre 3 I'll be a very happy guy

THE RULES:

Preemptive and sspirall like this.
    Have Pre 3 as my daily driver, but just had the "database full" pain and had to rebuild it - still struggling with some stuff. My better half has a Pre 3, but only used as an alarm clock now!
    Appreciate all the help and packages available on this and other sites. Thanks folks.
    Preemptive likes this.
    #350 had pre+, pre2 until it broke and I could not find replacement here in Thailand. Had android on 32GB TP for a while and now back to WebOS 3.0.5.

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    # 351 - Recently got two Palm Pre 2's, one a bit broken but I'm hoping to fix it in the future. Currently working out how to get a perfect setup on them for my needs. If all goes well I will be using them for I guess at least the next 5 years, maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by polawat View Post
    THE RULES:

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/10/2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Preemptive likes this.
    User # 352
    Had Palm Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre3 and Touchpad. Sold all of them some time ago.
    After experience with iPhone 4 and 5, and after that with Sony Xperia and recently with Samsung S7, last month I received from Kickstarters the smallest Android 7 phone. And realized that what I need is in fact one of my old Pre - that is why I recover the Pre 2 from one of my colleague, that kept it as new. ))
    Happy user now!

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920