Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    (am I one user or multiple users ?)
    In my family we run 1 Veer, 3.5 Pre3, 2 Pre2, (some broken Pre+), one TP Go and several other Wifi TouchPads in black and white.

What is the user count good for ? - just for fun ?
    Aside from Chinese and maybe Russian users, most webOS users will end up here if only to find out how to keep it running. It's a good chance to find out exactly how many are left. The HP take out numbers suggest it's quite a few...

I suppose if you're posting for your familly, you can claim more than one number - the more the merrier!

THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/29/2014 at 04:47 PM.
  2. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #17 Launch day Pre on Sprint. Fraking (lol) Pre. 2 Touch Pads
    user #18.
    Pre3, and no intention to change at least until luneOs is a viable replacement

On a side note, the chinese community is preparing its own website and resources and they plan it to be also in english... I'm keeping open a channel in their planning room (and no, I don't speak chinese)

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.

THE RULES:

User #19

HP Touchpad WiFi 32Gig
    User #20
    1 Touchpad 32Gb Wifi
    1 Pre
    1 Pre 2
    2 Veer + 2 veer to pieces
    I hope to buy a LG phone with webOS in the very near future

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    User #21

1 Pre
    2 Pre 2

Preemptive likes this.
    User #21

Touchpad:webOS,luneOS,android lollipop
    Pre3: retired, WiFi only
    Long Live the King WebOS
    User #22
    Sprint Pre-retired
    Verizon Pre Plus
    HP Touchpad

WebOS-The Best OS Ever

While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist)

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    User #21
    I make that 22.... ;-)

THE RULES:
    I guess I'm #23.

My daily tablet will be a webOS/CM11/LuneOS TP 4G. I also have a TP Go I use regularly. And a "research" spare TP. I have a Pre 3 but I don't use that these days.

I'll keep using webOS. I like it better than Android (though NewbyJE's KitKat 4G build is REALLY nice!), and there are a few apps on it that I like better than what's on Android (like the Periodic Table app for work).

I hope to still be around for the new webOS/LuneOS phone, whenever that happens.

THE RULES:

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Im 24. Still use touchpad with legacy webos next to my bed with sporadic use. I have a retired verizon pre 2 but use a galaxy s4 with low level enthusiasm as daily driver.

THE RULES:

# 25

Pre2 (Sprint) and a 16 gig touchpad
    (but you can count my wife and the kids that uses the devices... less than I do, but still)

Pre (that due to being SIM-less is now retired as a museum piece)
    My old (but in perfect shape) Pre2 (as my backup)
    The kids with Pre2 that don't use them daily, but kept them as backups and such.
    2x Pre3 (daily ones for both me and my wife),

3 Touchpads, mine, my wife's and the backup that the kids uses (more or less)

I just refuse to give up until it's over in every way.

I check what's out there now, and still nothing comes close, if anything, they are still catching up.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    billmiller13 likes this.
    User #27
    Daily phone: Sprint FrankenPre2
    Backup phone: EU QWERTY Pre3 on T-Mobile
    Personal tablet: Touchpad (webOS 3.0.5 only)
    Several Pre2 spares
    Several webOS Touchpads used in my business for interacting with PHP project tracking system.
    Several Pre3s for future projects
    -Someday I look forward to trying LuneOS, but too many other fish to fry so far...
    --Huge thanks to the coders in our community that keep things working!

THE RULES:

User #28

1 - Pre3 (ATT) - daily driver - waiting for lunaOS phone
    2 - Pre3 in parts
    2 Pre 2 - in working condition
    1 pre+ - in working condition
    5 WiFi tablets in dual boot mainly using JB or KitKat; no other tablets used by family, used daily by 5 adults
    1 4G tablet using WebOS 95% of the time but has dual boot + ACL (I use this one daily for work and personal)

rules:
    Guess I'm #29.

Lots of webos phones and touchpads. Most used are pre3 and touchpad go.

THE RULES:

User #30

Sprint Franken Pre 2
    Touchpad 32GB

THE RULES:

Using Pre3 as daily driver and an HP Touchpad occasionally.

My wife uses a HP Veer (daily), so I guess nummer 32...

THE RULES:

Pre 3 and Touchpad on occasions.

THE RULES:

Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    #35 (skipping one because there was a dupe above)

Have one TouchPad WiFi that I've designated for LuneOS.
    Sadly, I haven't booted my primary use TouchPad into webOS in weeks, except once to get at some data in Notes. But realistically, I pretty much just use my Nexus for everything anymore, except playing games.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast