Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree224Likes
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    pre3 failed on me multiple times now, almost threw it out a train in anger. Must have been the battery.
    Now on a Lumia.
    All in all I bought 4 pre3s during the firesale. None of them are in use anymore (two replaced by android, two by Win10). Pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    pre3 failed on me multiple times now, almost threw it out a train in anger. Must have been the battery.
    Now on a Lumia.
    All in all I bought 4 pre3s during the firesale. None of them are in use anymore (two replaced by android, two by Win10). Pity.
    sad to hear that, especially if the culprit was the battery in at least one case
    Hope you kept them
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Last weekend I dug out my HP Touchpad running WebOS 3.0.5 with LunaCE 3.9.5 installed. I had to fix some things to get things working again. Getting the Novacom drivers and WebOS Quick Install working under Arch Linux took some research, but I managed to get it working.
    I have tried LuneOS, but I removed it. I had some stability issues. I also tried Arch Linux ARM, but on a tablet it is not easy to use.
    I plan to give Ubuntu Touch a try and possibly Sailfish OS, since I will not get a Sailfish OS tablet.

I also have a Pre3, but it is not in use anymore.
    Preemptive likes this.
    #339 My TouchPad is still my go-to bedside browser and DLNA content player.

I SIM-hop every few weeks between an iPhone 4S, Android/Nexus 4 (haven't tried putting LuneOS on it yet), BlackBerry Z10, and Microsoft Lumia 550, with Android getting the most air time. I hate them all, and flip back to my Pre 2, Pre 3, or Veer for a day or two every few months until the lack of Facebook sends me back to Android.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I find that "x.facebook.com" works quite OK in the Pre 3 browser.

If I have a crappy signal, I downgrade to "m.facebook.com", which also works fine but is just a bit less whizzy.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    hello, this is webOS user number 340! Am on a palm pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
  7.    #367  
    Yay!

Those rules again:
    THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    #340 (forgot hashtag)
    Jamiejoe123

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    #341 I would like to use my full size TP but after my Go wiped itself because of an issue I failed to take care of in the accounts area, I'd rather not risk it on one of the few touchpads with 3.0.6
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Preemptive likes this.
    Going to claim 2 numbers: #342 & #343

My daily driver is my Pre3 (really have no idea what i'll do if it finally dies on me), although today the battery has suddenly become a nightmare! Only 3months old too. Off to Sumi, just requested some from him for the first time.

I also have a Touchpad (LunaCE & LuneOS) and a Nexus 4 with LuneOS that i'm trying out.

And the reason for 2 numbers, my wife has a Touchpad too. Bit of browsing, email & a few games for her really..
    Preemptive likes this.
    I bought a Palm Pre 2 this week. I'm super happy with this little ¨pebble¨ It feels super comfortable in my hand.

I love some phones ¨from yesterday¨ for that reason I bought my Pre 2 now.

In 2010 I was about to buy a Pixi Plus with Vodafone Spain. But finally bought a LG KU990 (yes, was a error but the only good thing of this phone was the camera) so I missed the opportunity of buy the Pixi Plus.

Last week, I was looking in a ¨second hand¨ app in my country (Wallapop) and I found a Pre 2 unlocked for 15€ (yes, 15. I know it's awesome!!). I didn't wait. I bought it. And now I'm enjoying a lot this great os.

But with some ¨CONS¨. I can't use my mail accounts, and I can't use WhatsApp...

But at least I can use it as a Phone and Internet. And also use the mobile hotspot to use my Note 4.
  12.    #372  
    Do you want to take a number?

Also, "Wallapop"? Belgian?

Quote Originally Posted by webOSiPetahh View Post
    But with some ¨CONS¨. I can't use my mail accounts, and I can't use WhatsApp...
    You can use mail. What service do you use?

See the service pack link below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Do you want to take a number?

Also, "Wallapop"? Belgian?

You can use mail. What service do you use?

See the service pack link below.
    Wallapop it's a Spanish app. I'm not sure but soon they're going to ¨open¨ the app to U.S.

I finally have my Gmail account working. But my iCloud Mail nope.
    User #344 here (though I think I saw some numbering issues here and there, should probably be over 350 now)

Pre3, TP, Nexus, Nexus 4... for the moment
    Preemptive likes this.
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
    User #344 here (though I think I saw some numbering issues here and there, should probably be over 350 now)

Pre3, TP, Nexus, Nexus 4... for the moment
    Your first post?
    Your first post?
    Well, actually yes, it was

I'm permanently on IRC, but not yet on this forum; also I discovered WebOS pretty late, when trying to do my own little port on a Acer IconiaTab A500. And one thing leading to another...
    And the touchpad.
  18.    #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    And the touchpad.
    So... do you want to take a number? I can't give you that 'like' until you do and 345 has a nice ring to it!

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Sigh... Been on and off from here since TreoCentral (and the Handspring precursor). My 3rd Pre2 finally died a quite dignified death a couple of years back. Been on Lumias since, since Windows seems to be the closest to the interface I like.

But still using the old TP by the TV. That MahJongg still going strong.

Handspring with phone attachment -> whole history of Palm devices -> Lumia 635 -> Lumia 950 XL

(Hey! My sig still works here )
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    Preemptive likes this.