Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

I've been using my Sprint FrankenPre2 for several years and will soon be upgrading to a Verizon Pre 3. I have a TouchPad and am trying to get my hands on a TouchPad Go, and if the heavens would bless me....aTouchstone 2.

I've been using WebOS devices since I stood in line when the Pre- came to Sprint in June 2009.

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Karla
    "Give me WebOS, or give me death!"
    Palm Pre > Sprint FrankenPre 2 > Verizon Pre 3 (coming soon!)
    Grabber5.0 and Preemptive like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Some possible solutions. Any use?
    Chapura Closed 7/18/2012 :(
    As a matter of fact yes: I'm looking pretty seriously at CompanionLink. Not wild about the costs as I am trying to determine if I need the Pro version for multiple Outlook folders and devices ($129) or just the standard version ($49) for one device. Not sure I want or need to continue synching Outlook with the Touchpad since it won't be a business tool anymore. I'm not concerned about the $49 price tag, Chapura was at least that much if not a bit more back in the day; however I never worried about the quality and performance, it was a rock solid piece of software. I hope CompanionLink has the same reputation.

Thanks for the info.
    While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist).

Everyone posting here with a post count of 10 or less gets an automatic like from me. You cannot buy this kind of love!

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    User #294

Coming from a Palm m515 and a Treo680,
    we daily use 2 Pre+, 1 Pre2 and 1 TouchPad, running webOS.
    I probably move to LuneOS with the TouchPad in the future.

Danilo
    Preemptive likes this.
    Users #295 & #296 at our house. I have a Pixi+ and my significant other has a Pre2. We will run webOS until the phones die, and we exhaust the internet's supply of used devices.

THE RULES:

Preemptive and davodego like this.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I started with the Pre+ for me and a Pixi+ for my wife. I later upgraded to the Pre2 and gave her the Pre+ She gave the Pixi+ to her little sister. Those devices were given to family that is no longer using them. My wife now used an iPhone 5c and I have the 5s.

I still have the Touchpad I picked up during the Great Fire Sale and I still prefer webOS to Android KitKat, though the Touchpad runs Netflix and has a far larger app selection when running Android. I usually keep it booted to webOS, as I love keeping the Touchpad on the touchstone and using exhibition mode to see the morning weather. It also has wonder sound for Pandora and we enjoy using it as a living room tablet.

After using Windows Phone 7, 8.1 and 10 Technical Preview, Android Gingerbread through Lollipop and iOS 3 through 8.3 I still prefer webOS for its minimalist UI and natural gesture system. I also enjoyed the modability and community of PreWare. Android gives you customization and hackability but still lacks consistency and is not fun to use IMO. iOS gives you the best apps but it is too locked down and the ecosystem is limiting. Windows Phone has a very fun interface but seems to be suffering a similar fate as webOS - I always seem to gravitate towards the underdog!
    Preemptive likes this.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPeart View Post
    I still have the Touchpad I picked up during the Great Fire Sale and I still prefer webOS to Android KitKat, though the Touchpad runs Netflix and has a far larger app selection when running Android. I usually keep it booted to webOS, as I love keeping the Touchpad on the touchstone and using exhibition mode to see the morning weather. It also has wonder sound for Pandora and we enjoy using it as a living room tablet.
    So... the servers are shut down and you still seem to be booting your TP into webOS

I'm calling you

User #297!

THE RULES:

While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist).

Everyone posting here with a post count of 10 or less gets an automatic like from me. You cannot buy this kind of love!

THE RULES:

Looks Like I'm #298
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB.au View Post
    Looks Like I'm #298
    Well, looks like I'm going to break the boundary.

User 299 - me
    User 300 - my wife
    User - 301 - my eldest
    User - 302 and 303 - my twins
    User - 304 - my youngest

Using five tablets and one Pre3.
    I did sell one Pre3 due to calendar issues as I needed a working calendar for work (I now use an iPhone).

Hope I've followed the rules?

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    Looks like I'm #305, with a Pre3, a Veer, and a couple of Touchpads.

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    THE RULES:

I'm number 306 with a Pixi Plus, Pre 2, and a panda Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    I'm number 307. 2xPre3, Pre2, 2x Touchpads, Pixi Plus

Jim
    Preemptive likes this.
    I'm # 308:

Pre 3 & HP Touchpad
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

TP daily, WebOS only (it's like my 5 pound security blanket).
    In a drawer: 3 Pre 2's (one is NIB), 4 Pixi plus

I use Android for my daily driver phone as it is the least objectionable of the choices. I miss the simplicity, freedom, and community of WebOS. A shame it was deliberately murdered out of fear of what it might become.

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    No. 310.

THE RULES:

Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    Switched fall '13 to WindowsPhone Nokia Lumia 928 from Palm PrePlus, both on Verizon, thought was most similar to webOS. Occasionally use TouchPad, as I am now, don't have another tablet. Still miss webOS & PreCentral.
    No. 311
    Palm Pre
    HP Pre3
    HP TouchPad
    And i want to use my devices forever I love Palm/HP WebOS, i wish it will be always supported.
    Last edited by sam_traveller; 05/25/2015 at 09:01 AM.
    davodego likes this.
    Palm Pre
    Palm Pre 2
    After a botched update that set my carefully customized Palm phones back to their original settings, I gave up on them.
    In fact I had the luxury to be able to give up on mobile phones alltogether, and so I did. The choice was easy, and since LuneOS won't come back to the Pre's, I'll just keep those in storage and forget about owning a mobile phone.
    OK this thread just took a 180. This is specifically for people *still using* their webOS devices.
    Palm Pre
    Palm Pre 2

WebOS the best mobile OS EVER!

Using an HP Veer daily, just bought it about a month ago.

THE RULES: