Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes
    #240 (or 241?)

Finally getting around to chiming in on this thread. I myself have my 2.1.0 FrankenPre2 daily driver still, as well as several actively used Touchpads between home and office. Of the Touchpads, one is still running webOS 3.0.5 exclusively (haven't tried LuneOS yet). The others are dual-booting with webOS 3.0.5 and either CM10 or CM10.1. All of them are used daily and are going strong.

I also have several family and friends with Touchpads. (I think those are all booting into CM10.1 though but they all get daily use.)

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    THE RULES:
    1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    Last edited by ArchonAdvisors; 02/05/2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Preemptive and Grabber5.0 like this.
    #242 (since there are two #239s)

Given my history with this site and prior financial supports for webOS internals, I suppose I am late to the list.

2x Pre(-)
    1x EU Pre3
    1x ATT Pre3
    2x unlocked Veer

2x WiFi TP
    1x 4g TP

3x TP Go

GNex with pre-alpha LuneOS
    Nexus 4 for possible installation.

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here. We're counting users, so you can count family & friends, but not devices, so if it's just you, it doesn't matter if you have a single pixi or a large collection.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself and whoever you are also counting to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    3. Please quote these rules in your post so they remain visible to new posters and this thread works as a head count rather than dissolving into random comments.
    Tip: To reduce people posting the same numbers due to overlapping posts, quickly post your number only, then having secured your place in the webOS hall of fame, click edit to add your carefully considered remarks.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Well, I guess you can put me down as number 243...

Having grown exceptionally bored with Android and iOS, I ditched both and just bought an HP Veer and a Pre 3. Always been interested in WebOS and I figured hey... better late to the party than never!

Enjoying it so far; does everything I need, as I'm not a big Facebook or app user - found everything I need to be happy, and impressed with the Preware community... looking forward to hanging around a while...
    add me too..
    1 pre-
    1 pre3
    1 veer
    1 touchpad with triple boot

I plan to sink with the entire ship here
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

1 Pre 3

Still going strong with my Veer and TouchPad - every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    While the coming HP server shutdown need not affect users in any significant way, it's likely that some users will finally abandon it. It will of course finally end one day, though the development of LuneOS may well make for a smooth transition to a webOS with newer technology.

LG have of course had commercial success with webOS on TVs and there have been strong hints of a webOS watch. If LG choses to broaden their webOS eco-system, a phone could be a part of it.

This may be a good time to attempt a head count of Legacy webOS & LuneOS users.

I believe LG has sold in excess of 5million webOS TV's. That's very healthy and we will never get all of those users posting, so this is only for users of Legacy and LuneOS (or any other Open webOS ports that may exist).

Everyone posting here with a post count of 10 or less gets an automatic like from me. You cannot buy this kind of love!

THE RULES:

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Grabber5.0 likes this.

1 Pre+

Note that I randomly came to the forum tonight, ages without visiting. Very confidential counting. Thanks for the initiative.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyonsfous View Post

1 Pre+

Note that I randomly came to the forum tonight, ages without visiting. Very confidential counting. Thanks for the initiative.
    Yeah, kinda sad we haven't even reach 250 yet.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Yeah, kinda sad we haven't even reach 250 yet.
    But close!

I'm confident we will pass 250. There have been quite a few first time posters (i.e. ex-lurkers). Still some posters on other threads that haven't posted here.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I'm sure there are more that have never seen this thread or possibly this forum than have participated in this count.
    248. I previously counted myself, somewhere above. But now adding my daughter who (not very excitedly) uses a Palm Pixi Plus.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Pre 3 with WebOS 2.2.4

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    Preemptive likes this.
  13.    #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanhilary View Post
    248. I previously counted myself, somewhere above. But now adding my daughter who (not very excitedly) uses a Palm Pixi Plus.
    "But all the other kids in school have iphones!"

Susan, you must redouble your webOS indoctrination efforts! The cult needs every recruit!

Quote Originally Posted by DWill22 View Post
    How old is your daughter? I feel bad for her.
    Are you counting yourself? Does 249 have a nice ring to it?
    Grabber5.0 likes this.

Pre 3 with WebOS 2.2.4

Two years ago I landed on WebOS with a Veer. Later on I used Android and iOS but now I am back, I missed the Pre concept.

THE RULES:

1. If you have a phone or tablet running Legacy webOS or LuneOS and you intend to continue using the system after the HP shutdown in 2015, post here.
    2. I'd ask people to post once only, but inevitably, some one will chime in with a comment, so we should number ourselves. Find the previous numbered post, add yourself to the running total and leave the number out if you're posting again.
    My kids want a phone, then they use what I say they will use. Parents rule.
    Me too, she should get an upgrade to a Veer!
    susanhilary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gosterros View Post

Later on I used Android and iOS but now I am back, I missed the Pre concept.
    Boy, doesn't that sound familiar. I did the same thing...
    gosterros likes this.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Me too, she should get an upgrade to a Veer!
    #251 I think... Hanging in with veer and pre 3
    #252 : With a Palm Pre
    Preemptive likes this.

- Verizon Pre 3
    - HP Touchpad 32 GB (also running latest CMod)
    Preemptive likes this.