Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #1  
    The links to all the webOS Doctor versions on the webOS Internals' "webOS Doctor Versions" page do not currently work, as they all point to palm.com.

They all now redirect to mynewpalm.com's home page, which is currently just a logo and a "Coming Soon" promise.

I ran into this as I meant to do a tiny bit of preparation for the 1/15/2015 webOS apocalypse.

I do have these doctors for my 32GB TP (v3.0.5, latest), my Pre 2 (GSM unlocked, 2.1.0), and Pre 3 (ATT, v2.2.3).

But that means I don't have the latest ones for the Pre 2 and the Pre 3 (both 2.2.4).

I tried going through my Palm Profile, which only has the Pre 3 in it (the one-phone limitation), and that doesn't recognize the serial number, resulting in the problems documented here: Cant Download webOS doctor for Pre3.

The webOS Internals' page did seem to work at the time, but with the new redirections to mynewpalm.com, none of the links give us what we are looking for.

Any ideas?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    Use the link to the doctor you need , inside archive.org (search field)

They have all the doctors
    I'm looking for the doctor information for my touchpad 32gb v3.05 but cannot get to it. Same palm coming webpage. Is there an alternate link?
    To quote another guy, who took my solution one step further...

Quote Originally Posted by deyanimay View Post
    Do we have a doctor that enables touch to share on the Hp touchpad Go?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Do we have a doctor that enables touch to share on the Hp touchpad Go?
    Ask John Steffes
    I'm not sure which of the versions to download.
    I see it lists serial numbers, but the versions don't seem specific to the serial numbers listed.
    Would I just download the latest version - 3.0.5 ?
    Tablet
    Wifi Only
    HSTNH-I29C: 5CL1XXXXXX: FB456UTXXXX (HP TouchPad 10" 64GB Wifi Only)
    HSTNH-I29C: 5CL1XXXXXX: FB359UAXXXX (HP TouchPad 10" 32GB Wifi Only)
    HSTNH-I29C: 5CL1XXXXXX: FB355UAXXXX (HP TouchPad 10" 16GB Wifi Only)
    version 3.0.0 mynewpalm
    version 3.0.2 mynewpalm
    version 3.0.4 mynewpalm
    version 3.0.5 mynewpalm
    Just call me Berd.
    Latest is okay

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Latest is okay

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Good, That's the one I downloaded.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
  10.    #10  
    FYI, I just tried the linked page: https://web.archive.org/web/20140214...rsions#Pre_3_3

And there, I tried to DL the Pre3 unlocked v2.2.4, and it seemed to be trying to get it from Palm.com, which, of course, didn't work. I got a message from the WayBack Machine that the servers that are supposed to serve the files seem to be offline.

I then used the timeline at the top and chose a "capture" from October 2013. I tried downloading the Pre3 one that I need, and that seems to be working. Downloading now...and I now have a .jar...which I'll assume works...at least for the moment, while I get the other one(s) I need.

UPDATE: Looks like I kinda got lucky on that choosing an older capture. Yes, it worked, but the solution provided in another thread sounds much more technical and potentially reliable: need a doctor
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 01/14/2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    FYI, I just tried the linked page: https://web.archive.org/web/20140214...rsions#Pre_3_3

And there, I tried to DL the Pre3 unlocked v2.2.4, and it seemed to be trying to get it from Palm.com, which, of course, didn't work. I got a message from the WayBack Machine that the servers that are supposed to serve the files seem to be offline.

I then used the timeline at the top and chose a "capture" from October 2013. I tried downloading the Pre3 one that I need, and that seems to be working. Downloading now...and I now have a .jar...which I'll assume works...at least for the moment, while I get the other one(s) I need.
    We need to stop relying on Archive.org, because the original HP servers are still accessible.

Archive.org is a donation-backed nonprofit and linking to them costs them money, which is likely why they took the servers offline.

To download a Doctor from HP:

Add 63.80.4.201 downloads.help.palm.com to your computer's hosts file. Clear your browser's cache (to remove the "mynewpalm.com" redirect).

The links in the Internals Wiki will now work
    bbito, berdinkerdickle and Sumy like this.
    I quoted the following posts from an old thread that I'll close now:

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Edit your HOSTS file
    23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    15.217.96.16 help.palm.com

Then use one of these doctor links
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

This should work in Europe. (This applies until the HP shutdown onthe 15th of March 2015).

If not, then you have to look at Archive.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Hopefully no one will post an archive.org link, because The Wayback Machine is close to deleting their copies of the Doctor
    We've cost them almost 20GB worth of bandwidth, and i'm gonna go back and edit my old posts that suggest to download from their archive. Well, they don't actually delete, but they do sideline files that get too much activity.

And here's the solution
    To download a Doctor from HP:

Add 63.80.4.201 downloads.help.palm.com to your computer's hosts file. Clear your browser's cache (to remove the "mynewpalm.com" redirect).

The links in the Internals Wiki will now work
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 01/19/2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ildanach View Post
    I'm looking for the doctor information for my touchpad 32gb v3.05 but cannot get to it. Same palm coming webpage. Is there an alternate link?
    yes, try the palm.si site
    Rnp likes this.
    Hi,

I got an enquiry about restoring a TP. I offered the usual, "HOSTS file fix, webOS Internals list of doctors" advice. I always try to double check and I'm having problems downloading. I have the fix installed. Putting the IP numbers into the address bar doesn't work. Can anyone else check?
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/15/tip-e...-palm-servers/
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

If the servers are finally gone, I wonder if this is to do with the forthcoming TCL release?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/07/2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Error 400 : bad request
    Doesn't mean the server is no more there, but it doesn't accept that kind of request
    Preemptive likes this.

Straight through & downloading TP Wifi Dr. OK here (Aus).

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Can anyone else check?
    I just tried the Pre Plus SFR-France version 1.4.5 and although I didn't complete the download, it wants to give me a 211MB .jar so that one seems to work. Which were you having trouble with?
    Preemptive likes this.
    TP wifi only. I already have all the doctors I need, I just like to occasionally test before telling people to change host files and all that.

I think the person asking the original question got it on the 6th attempt, if I understood the message correctly. If you are all getting mixed results, that's a good sign. It may be a temporary fault. It's still timing out for me. I'll check again later.

Thanks everyone!
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Update: I just tried again and got offered a download. Perhaps things get slower if there are no requests for a while. I guess most of us have what we need, so it may be the occasional returner or the curious with a 'new' Palm device looking for doctors.

I'm calling this issue closed... for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post

Straight through & downloading TP Wifi Dr. OK here (Aus).
    These downloads all no longer work. The links all refer to some obsolete palm.com server that is no more ..
    But for some reason the palm.si server still responds. Not sure why and who is hosting it this day.
    I would assume it could stop working just any day soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast