Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    These downloads all no longer work. The links all refer to some obsolete palm.com server that is no more ..
    But for some reason the palm.si server still responds. Not sure why and who is hosting it this day.
    I would assume it could stop working just any day soon.
    I have just clicked on the link quoted above ( http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions ) and successfully began downloads of Tablet, Veer & Pre3 webOS Doctors.
    Do you mean the downloads all don't work for you once downloaded - or that they all will not even download for you in the first place?

I have tweaked my PC 'Hosts' file (Win 10) and am located in Australia.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/13/2017 at 11:21 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive likes this.
    These downloads all no longer work.
    All the Palm server Doctor links that I've tried still work. It has been a few years that it has been required to alter your HOSTS file to access them, but I am downloading a doctor from these links as I write this.
    The entries to add to your HOSTS file are:
    Code:
    23.4.17.24      cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42   downloads.help.palm.com
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    15.217.96.16    help.palm.com
    palm.si is to my knowledge in no way associated with Palm and rather is a site on a Slovenian TLD that a webOS enthusiast has populated with content from the old Palm servers.
    Mutoidi and Preemptive like this.
    OK - I did not fiddle around with my HOSTS file on my current PC.
    Well - we might rather change the Wiki to direct to the working servers (ip) or we should at least add that hint to the Wiki page(s).
    => This might be a good reason for me to request a wiki user.

palm.si might not be associated with Palm - but as TCL as new owner of the PALM brand might request to shutdown that palm.si server as it might violate the branding.
    Preemptive likes this.
    OK - I did not fiddle around with my HOSTS file on my current PC.
    Well - we might rather change the Wiki to direct to the working servers (ip) or we should at least add that hint to the Wiki page(s).
    My forehead is hurting from the slapping! This is such a simple and obvious move! I'll get right on it. Thankyou.

Don't worry about the server. Even if they come after the domain name, which I doubt, there are other domain names.
    I have just edited the wiki page: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    • Added info about altering the HOSTS file
    • De-linked and struck-through the older versions that haven't been available since 2010(?)
    • Removed the section about getting a Doctor from Palm's long-defunct serial number lookup tool

I'm on the fence about the palm.si links... They could be added to this page or a new page could be created for them, but MartinH brings up a point that they may not be long for this world...
    Last edited by bbito; 09/13/2017 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    My forehead is hurting from the slapping! This is such a simple and obvious move! I'll get right on it. Thankyou.

Don't worry about the server. Even if they come after the domain name, which I doubt, there are other domain names.
    Hey Preemptive,
    I got a login and edited the page before seeing your post.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Getting ninja'd on a whole other site? Is that a first?

...but I may add a link to the pivotCE guide as it's more specific to webOS devices.
    These downloads all no longer work. The links all refer to some obsolete palm.com server that is no more ..
    But for some reason the palm.si server still responds. Not sure why and who is hosting it this day.
    I would assume it could stop working just any day soon.
    I am hosting it and it will be hosted indefinitely. I was waiting to get palm.si domain for really really long time (finaly Palm representative in Slovenia give it up). So please enjoy. I dont't have time to update the first page ...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12