Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MudShark22
  • 1 Post By horzel
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By gregp
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Hi,

Like many I've pulled my old webOS devices out having heard the recent announcement . My Pre3 has obviously been reinstalled at some point so there are hardly any apps. I bought quite a number so want to get them back onto the phone before d-day. But the app catalog is behaving as though I've got no apps linked to my profile; the ones I bought are showing as needing to be purchased, and as purchasing is now a no-no I'm stuck.

Has anyone else had this? Is there some way to see what apps are linked to my profile e.g. in webOS account manager? I checked the account manager https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and there's no list there.

Thanks guys.
    Greg

PS I can't actually seem to download ANY apps, even free ones. I'm sure the update was installed, and when I first turned the device on it did update the app catalog, currently running 2.1.10000. Has this broken something?
    Last edited by gregp; 12/13/2014 at 06:04 AM.
    If you have impostah on your device (from preware) then you can check what apps are associated with that profile. If not start here:
    Guide: Coming (Back) to webOS in 2014, Part 1 | pivotCE
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Is the date current?

Try setting it to before the app catalog update date, restart, see what happens and than set the date correct again.

On another note, sure you have the right profile? I have several...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. Yes the date was correct, tried that and restarted. Also tried backdating it to July 2013 though I knew the certificate update had been installed. I definitely had Impostah at some point but looks like it got wiped. It's also possible I've used a different webOS account here which is why I wondered if I could check somehow which apps were linked to which account so I could check them all. Is there no web interface you can log into for your account that shows associated apps?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    It's also possible I've used a different webOS account here which is why I wondered if I could check somehow which apps were linked to which account so I could check them all. Is there no web interface you can log into for your account that shows associated apps?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Nope, but Impostah can do that for you. If you haven't already found the latest version of WebOS Quick Install or Preware, you'll need that before you can install Impostah again. If you are already logged in to a profile, go to Impostah under App Catalog and tap 'Show Purchased Apps' To switch profiles using Impostah, without wiping the device again, follow the instructions under webOS 2.x devices here: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals and repeat the entire procedure until you locate the right profile.

Another option you might try first, as it could save you time and trouble, is to search your email for your app catalog receipts and see which email address you were using for your Palm profile when you purchased your apps. Anything after HP's purchase would come from HP_Receipts@email.hp-receipts.com with the subject 'Your HP Receipt' Purchases before early 2011 would have come from Palm_Receipts@email.palm-applications.com.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I feel a goose. Turns out it was a different webOS account I'd used for most of the purchases, though curiously I still had a number of email receipts to the one I thought I'd used. Anyway wiped, reinstalled with new one and apps are flowing down nicely. FWIW I was able to download a free app on the old account today so don't know why that didn't work before. Now I can play Sparkle on my Pre3 again! It's still a better experience than Sparkle on Android!

Cheers,
    Greg
    Remy X likes this.
    remember to keep a backup of the ipks (especially of the paid apps)