1.    #1  
    Why does the TOUCHPAD go to maps.google.com without issue, rendering a map with my location, but the phone does not? Phone goes to white screen, Wifi or data same problem.

Also from Google search results, if I type example: Hobby Lobby, the first result says "map for hobby lobby" and below that is a portion of the map image. Click either of these and they open a full page map.

Not so on the phone. It still tells me to "Please tap here to update to the new maps app...". (Even though bing Maps is installed)

Can this be eliminated from my phone so I get the results the Tpad does?

###
    Also strange, why does my up to date and customized Tp (1) which has the patch for Google https encryption, go to a different UI than the TP(2) I just reset? This one goes to https://maps.google.com/maps?client=...76437932812056.

I've never seen anything identify webOS in the URL before. This UI has more navigational controls than the other one. Four buttons at top and three at bottom. The other had only 2 round buttons at bottom much like my android tab now has. I typed in that address manually and my TP(1) did go to the page with more controls. I wish it would go to that one by default as more options is better.
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/11/2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Maybe we can convince Google to remove the page they created to show to webOS users in the Google Maps app. Changing the user agent would probably work, but may break other sites.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Maybe we can convince Google to remove the page they created to show to webOS users in the Google Maps app. Changing the user agent would probably work, but may break other sites.
    But the Tpad works so it can't be just webOS generally. Is the user agent different on phones vs. Pads? Was the redirect by Google only put in place to block out customers of cellular carriers?? Can we patch around this?
    if you do the down gesture on a phone - white page, you'll see

https://www.google.com:443/maps/@

or something like that. 443 should be an ssl error
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    But the Tpad works so it can't be just webOS generally. Is the user agent different on phones vs. Pads? Was the redirect by Google only put in place to block out customers of cellular carriers?? Can we patch around this?
    Touchpad has a different user agent, so they don't get directed to the mobile sites.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Touchpad has a different user agent, so they don't get directed to the mobile sites.
    Does Preware have user agent switching app for circumstances like this?

Hmm maybe I should just install a Tpad touchstone in my truck. Anyone done that yet??? Hehe