Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By MetaView
  1.    #1  
    can someone explain why this page appears to load all content, then when it seems to complete, the page goes blank.

the example site is zennioptical.com

this is just a discount site i was trying to price compare with the eyeglass store im sitting in right now. so its really frustrating that this site wont load.

is it a problem because im using a webos device? can anyone else load any page from this site?

thank you for your help with this!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    I wonder if it's due to the popup asking to join the newsletter...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    can someone explain why this page appears to load all content, then when it seems to complete, the page goes blank.

the example site is zennioptical.com

this is just a discount site i was trying to price compare with the eyeglass store im sitting in right now. so its really frustrating that this site wont load.

is it a problem because im using a webos device? can anyone else load any page from this site?

thank you for your help with this!
    Try pinching out or scrolling down to see if you see any dialog to ask you to enter info. I noticed sometimes where it displays these popup overlays it does this.

An example of this is the login site of OneDrive. After you tap Sign In, screen goes gray but if you scroll down there's a box for logging in. What's worse is sometimes these boxes starts jumping away!

Think it's something to do with how webOS reports its screen size and render the layout.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Remy X likes this.
    Loads fine for me, pre2 webos 2.1. How about ad blocker, that can trip up some sites
    geekpeter likes this.
    Yes, pre3 2.2.4 it turns blank. Quite a few websites do that for me. I hit the stop loading button before it goes blank and you can see the website for the most part. Has to do with how outdated our webkit is.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    same here, happens on several sites. Its webOS single worst issue. It happens sometimes even on pages which normally work well. Its just a big pile of junk (the brwoser). This might be the only reason for me migrating to another OS. That and afailing syncing with all there is to sync on a web(OS)phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Yes, pre3 2.2.4 it turns blank. Quite a few websites do that for me. I hit the stop loading button before it goes blank and you can see the website for the most part. Has to do with how outdated our webkit is.
    mah, I wonder... laingman loaded it on a pre2 with an older webos release ( 2.1 ) compared to our 2.2.4. Seems to me that it's not due to the webkit being old, but to some bug introduced with 2.2.4 ...
    My pre 3 exhibits the same issue, but I have the slider patch installed. It shows I can scroll down a fairly long web page, still entirely blank, but long.
    Sometimes, this is due to an ad loader script firing "document.write()" after a page has loaded. Sometimes due to a "custom font" loader script failing. And other times due to a page being zoomed/scrolled by the script to "out of bounds" and not being "rubber-banded" back.

So it's several issues, but the result is the same, a pain in the a**
  10.    #10  
    I am using an ad blocker. There's no toggle on off for that is there? Just uninstall? Ugh I'll try it

Uninstalling had no effect.
    Toggle off pop up blocker in browser prefs no effect.

=(
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 11/16/2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Ok. Try this then: Load the page and when its done loading and you have a blank page just go ahead and mobilize it.

If you don't like the first mobilized page hit the reload button and you will get something easier to read. The page format will be off but better than nothing. Hope it works for you. Assuming you have mobilize with instapaper patch installed of course.
    Preemptive likes this.
    And a mobilized page should have a link to the original site. Can try that link and see if it loads
    Last edited by laingman; 11/19/2014 at 12:38 AM.
    You could try my offline browser (from the repository), especially if you only want to read some texts on the page...
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    You could try my offline browser (from the repository), especially if you only want to read some texts on the page...
    Thanks. More work arounds for browser annoyances is always welccome. Can't think of a site than won't load on my phone to test