Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    I realized yesterday evening that most of the app-icons were missing. Download of apps was still posible. This morning the screenshots of the apps are missing too. No download seems to be possible.
    Tested on several devices with different accounts in germany.

Two days earlier than expected :-(
    my guess would be there's some sort of down thing somewhere - they were planning on allowing downloads through january ,weren't they? or did we misunderstand?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    my guess would be there's some sort of down thing somewhere - they were planning on allowing downloads through january ,weren't they? or did we misunderstand?
    Purchases till Nov 1st, other Palm Profile activities (including downloads/restores) till Jan 15th

So their timing is definitely wrong here
    May the server be overrided with our ipk-dump queries ? (joking of course )
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    May the server be overrided with our ipk-dump queries ? (joking of course )
    Well it could be... I've hammered them quite a bit to get all the info needed to "clone" the appcat :P
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Remy X likes this.
    Any word from HP? Of course, these last two days were when I was going to go through all the lists and decide what to grab! :-(

Maybe they could fix it and keep it open over the weekend as a last favour...

Some updates & links here: http://pivotce.com/2014/10/29/closing-down-sale/
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/30/2014 at 10:27 AM.
    I found out by myself, I think, the reason why the App Catalog is failing.

Example from the feeds we have
    "https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/1609/files/com.mojojungle.comics_0.9.4_all.ipk"

Example from impostah , aka what impostah now sees for the same app installed and querying
    "https://cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com/apps/1609/files/com.mojojungle.comics_0.9.4_all.ipk"

Imo the plan was to move the feeds, sort of (and in fact the ipk can be downloaded from both links with the offline tool), but someone forgot to update something stupid and/or left a letter....
    Preemptive likes this.
    Seems to be working again. I was just able to download apps on my Preł and Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Seems to be working again. I was just able to download apps on my Preł and Touchpad.
    Yes, but the purchase fails with code: PMT03024 or PMTPAMS3006

//Dennis
    Last edited by dsimonse; 10/30/2014 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    Yes, but the purchase fails with code: PMT03024 or PMTPAMS3006

//Dennis
    The general error was not with purchasing, but the actual downloading - which seems to be fixed now.

If you are having purchasing problems, that seems to be a different problem. I'm afraid I don't know what the codes mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    The general error was not with purchasing, but the actual downloading - which seems to be fixed now.

If you are having purchasing problems, that seems to be a different problem. I'm afraid I don't know what the codes mean.
    Well I got to log in to my account when I pressed purchase the first time, but it seems as if the "preferenses" are all greyed out so I can't look/change my billing setup.

//Dennis