Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree47Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    maybe some library is missing, or the version of php is too old or too new (linux)
    No windows pc available ? (wine is nice but it's limited. Those json were used by others so if they fail means the program is not running correctly inside wine)

Btw.. how does it fail in wine ? errors ? or just not downloading anything ? (if the latter, maybe the device key is wrongly written)
    Nope, only Linux available

It fails just as the log was provided and proceeds to the next pkg.
    What's interesting, some of the packages download correctly (404 so far, all of the ones that were downloaded previously for the device)

With impostah one can change the region. For which region is it the best to backup apps?
    well, some apps are only in specific regions. US should have the majority ( I used US only )
    Well, I'm using US for the app catalog region. Palm profile uses GB as the country, though. Should I try to change anything?

will the script skip the downloaded files or do I have to delete the relevant entries to resume starting with a given app?
    Not sure (About both questions)
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    Well, I'm using US for the app catalog region. Palm profile uses GB as the country, though. Should I try to change anything?

will the script skip the downloaded files or do I have to delete the relevant entries to resume starting with a given app?
    No clue about country or region - I was only able to test with US.

If the file already exists, it will be skipped - this also means that if it was interrupted, and only half of a file is downloaded, you will get an incomplete backup.
    Cross posted to: Impostah - App Catalog Clone Edition )

My Touchpad has become extremely unreliable, seems to believe it's out of memory when there is plenty available.
    I believe it's time for a full wipe & WebOSDoctor.

However, I want to backup all my installed APPs, and have run into a problem with Impostah.

When I try to use "Show Installed Apps", I get this error:
    Service Error (InstalledApps):

(Actually I get service errors errors whenever I try to display any of the other items on the Impostah App Catalog page).

While my background is software, I haven't been able to locate any thing to help with this problem.

Is there a fix for this, or a workaround to create an equivalent file?
    Last edited by Verell; 06/25/2015 at 09:57 PM.
    You cannot download anymore apps, so maybe it's simpler if you write down what you have installed, and some of us provide you with the ipks ?
    Btw

Why don't you do this
    WebOS Repair Utility v2.1
    to fix the issue on the touchpad ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Btw

Why don't you do this
    to fix the issue on the touchpad ?
    I tried to use the repair utility with no success, see my post in:

Reading earlier in the thread it's unclear if anyone has ever gotten the repair utility to work with a Touchpad. pt with a WebOS higher than 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    You could try the 'mybackup' software mentioned here:
    Your BIG BACK UP / RESTORE thread for 2015

The webOS Survival Kit
    I'm still wading thru that thread. Meanwhile I'm just trying to get all the IPKs backed up using the scripts in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verell View Post
    I'm still wading thru that thread. Meanwhile I'm just trying to get all the IPKs backed up using the scripts in this thread.
    Uh... OK. You got me excited there because I thought this thread was about downloading apps from the servers - which won't work now. I used the web form on pivotCE prior to the shutdown - which I thought was basically a more automated version of these scripts.

If these scripts can save apps installed on the device, then that's really useful! So I clicked for the start of the thread and it says this:
    **** UPDATE 6/27/2015: As of App Catalog Shutdown, this method will no longer work!! ****
    The linked blog entry also talks about downloading, so maybe I'm missing something (or you're just using part of this technique), but I don't think the scripts described here will work.

If it helps, I think all user-installed apps are in media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ (maybe an expert can confirm). I think I read somewhere that these folders can be copied, then re-packaged with a program called IPK-packager. The HB application, 'Save/restore' can save some settings and I gather that there might be potential issues if an app modifies it's code during or after install - the new code might not be installable, but this is probably unusual behaviour.

From the posts I've read, the 'My Backup' app linked above seems to copy installed apps to the USB partition for transfer off device. Then you can copy them back later. Maybe not reinstall, but if it's the same device, it would probably work for you.

Again, I'm not aware of anyone backing up apps post-shutdown, so it would great if you can describe any experience and success you have here.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/28/2015 at 02:12 AM.
    I, personally, have used the ipk packager since 2011 to back up all of my applications.

It is a little finicky on a Windows 7 - 64 bit machine, most likely due to several Java updates since the program was created. BUT, it works great on Ubuntu.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789