Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Weird. Can you get the smallest of the zip archives I posted in this thread, and use the script with that one ?
    Just to understand if that one works for you or not.
    I got the same error, after runing the script it just download the App Catalog update and the App Catalog app itself but all other apps the error message say:

com.palm....all.ipk ....Error downloading the File
    https:.......................
    <class 'urllib.error.HTTPError'>

Any idea what I doing wrong?
    I posted a little more in the HP Takeout thread, but the short version is that I used the IMEI from my TP 4G instead of the ndUid, along with the device token and apps.json from Impostah, and that worked in HP Takeout. Haven't tried it with the webOS-dump program, but I will tonight or tomorrow.

Haven't read the whole thread in a while. Can I use one of the files mazzinia has posted to grab all of the free apps? That would be something, especially for the Pre 3. I didn't use it much and don't have many apps for it. Would be nice to have some others to work with later.

UPDATE: The IMEI worked with the webos-ipk-dump program for my purchased apps, but not with the palm-beta feed file. I got the error: urllib.error.HTTPError again. Will keep at it.
    Last edited by krotech; 12/31/2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Verify IMEI for TP 4G use
    Three files are different feeds, so try all three to get the most

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Three files are different feeds, so try all three to get the most

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm getting the "error: urllib.error.HTTPError" with the palm-beta feed list. I took the file right out of the .zip archive and copied it into the folder, and ran the program. I got this before, but that was when I had other problems and wasn't looking at only that error. Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: Same error with the palm-web feed list. Do I need to change the URLs to hpsvcs.com instead? I tried that for one of them and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't find them all.
    Last edited by krotech; 12/31/2014 at 01:18 AM.
    I just checked a random ipk from the beta feed ( the first one in the .json file, actually) and it downloaded.

yes, you need hpsvcs, but any further issue means you are using an invalid token and/or uuid/imei
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I just re-read GMMan comment: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
    And he not only talks about nduid but also of IMEI.

So here is the deal for you Pre-phonelovers:

where the format of [deviceId] should be for
    GSM users:
    IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX found above nduId in the device profile file

CDMA users (thx Grabber):
    MEID:xxxxxx found above nduId in the device profile file

Just downloaded and archived all my Pre2 stuff (125 apps) including paid apps. Now i can sleep better.
    So HP come get some and hail to the king PrplHaz4.
    Thank you.
    I just ran an ATT Pre+ 1.4.5 by using the IMEI#
    Hi.

First of all, I would like to express my appreciation of what you all do to keep our webOS devices running. Without you, I would never been able to sit alone at the other side of the earth, in a country where Palm with webOS was never distributed, still using the Pre3 as my daily driver! (Bought in one country, registred in another, used in third)

Thank you for sharing this script. I have been trying to get it running to download the whole catalog for some weeks, though. It was not until I came over “horzel” (and “mazzinia”) post this evening where it was mentioned to replace “cdn.downloads.palm.com” with “cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com” in the files that I managed to download the full app list. I also got some file reading errors for numerous lines, so I ended up splitting them into separate files and run them in loop (yes, maybe not the brightest idea, but it worked).
    Preemptive likes this.
    Procrastinator's Error

1. I get an error from Preware: Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org (Could not contact DNS servers)
    [I get more info in the err msg, if that is needed.]
    2. I press OK and get into the Preware catalog, and I can find Impostah. When I try to install, I get -
    3. Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org (Could not contact DNS servers)
    [And, I get more err info about the path to impostah]

Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Procrastinator's Error
    1. I get an error from Preware: Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org ...
    Help?
    Preware switched to a new domain (.net) - you'll need to install Preware 1.9.13 which points to the new feed URLs: pivotCE: TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13
    -Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by hanksimon View Post
    Procrastinator's Error

1. I get an error from Preware: Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org (Could not contact DNS servers)
    [I get more info in the err msg, if that is needed.]
    2. I press OK and get into the Preware catalog, and I can find Impostah. When I try to install, I get -
    3. Could not resolve host: ipkg.preware.org (Could not contact DNS servers)
    [And, I get more err info about the path to impostah]

Help?
    It's now Preware.net
    Update WOSQI and start from there:
    WebOS Quick Install v4.6.0

TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE

...beaten to it by the lightning fast bbito!
    I have an Touchpad 4G in Germany in get all but Download errors. I only get two Applications downloaded:
    com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk
    com.palm.app.enyo-findapps_5.0.3500.ipk
    All other app downloads look like this:
    "xx.enyo.api_3.0.5_all.ipk ....Error downloading file
    https://cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com/app..._3.0.5_all.ipk
    <class 'urllib.error.HTTPError'>"

I already tried takeout too, it says theres something wrong with my entered data.
    But the token and IDs worked all right when I downloaded the Apps in Oktober. But I have to do it again now, as I suffered an SSD failure.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Best Wishes,
    hfGermany
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    You 'very got a tweet ;-)
    Did manage to find a workaround with a diffrent Touchpad registered on the same profile and its token and Id. All went through smoothly, so far.
    I am trying to use the system mentioned in Post #1 for all available apps (from Impostah). As per impostah there are @ 1600 odd apps.

But when I try to email the same to - to myself the phone hangs.

I tried to save the data to a .txt file (even though the file name given by impostah is a .json)
    But could not convert it to a .ipk using the system defined in Post #1.

All my installed apps converted OK.

Can anyone help?

I am totally non-technical

K
    can you show the file you obtained ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    can you show the file you obtained ?
    attached. (I have renamed the file as .txt for upload purposes)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I may be wrong, but it looks invalid for the use with this script. If you look some pages back, I think I posted 2 or 3 zipped archives with the json files to download the whole app catalog
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    And it works! Thank you!
    I downloaded the stuff from master. How can I use it on Linux? It fails, creating the screenshots named after the imported modules, i.e. sys, os

/edit: and if using wine, the mazzinia's jsons fail to work -

Code:
    Trying UTF-8-sig...
    com.appible.thetreedwellersaudiotext_1.0.0_all.ipkfixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
     ....Error downloading file
    https://cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com/apps/8025/files/com.appible.thetreedwellersaudiotext_1.0.0_all.ipk
    <class 'urllib.error.HTTPError'>
    Last edited by marmistrz; 04/08/2015 at 10:12 AM.
    maybe some library is missing, or the version of php is too old or too new (linux)
    No windows pc available ? (wine is nice but it's limited. Those json were used by others so if they fail means the program is not running correctly inside wine)

Btw.. how does it fail in wine ? errors ? or just not downloading anything ? (if the latter, maybe the device key is wrongly written)
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast