Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    In software manager, just tap the exclamation point, and then tap don't download, and it should stop trying to download it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    In software manager, just tap the exclamation point, and then tap don't download, and it should stop trying to download it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Haha, I'd do that but any and every time I've gone into Software manager, after about 3-4 seconds, I get the big triangle error page.. :P Not sure why since I've been able to manually download apps just fine through the App Catalog one by one with the exception of Rock Band and now a Mini Golf game..

I think maybe it has to do with the fact that I had a Sprintified Pre2 that I've doctored back to a Verizon webOS doctor image..
    I had difficulty with Google syncing - even with CalDav installed so I doctored my TP. Now I am unable to access the App catalogue and, no matter what I do, cannot successfully install the Catalogue Update!

I have only a few apps that were installed thanks to Homebrew but I'm missing the rest

I need to download and keep the IPKs before the deadline but I'm fearing the worst. Is this the end of WebOS?

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Paulscarbs; 12/20/2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: End of WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Ah....that's not what the instructions indicated in post 1 or 33
    Thank you.
    Grrr, all I get when selecting Show Installed Apps is
    'Service Error (installed apps): 404'

Help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulscarbs View Post
    I had difficulty with Google syncing - even with CalDav installed so I doctored my TP. Now I am unable to access the App catalogue and, no matter what I do, cannot successfully install the Catalogue Update!

I have only a few apps that were installed thanks to Homebrew but I'm missing the rest

I need to download and keep the IPKs before the deadline but I'm fearing the worst. Is this the end of WebOS?

Any help is appreciated.
    Please open the "Date & Time" app and set: Network Time - OFF, Date: Jun 20th 2013.

Reboot.

Open the App Catalog and search for the word "Update", after which you'll find the App Catalog Update app.

You should be able to download and install it, then install the App Catalog update from the Update Manager.

Re-enable "Network Time" and reboot. After this, all apps should download and install correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Please open the "Date & Time" app and set: Network Time - OFF, Date: Jun 20th 2013.

Reboot.

Open the App Catalog and search for the word "Update", after which you'll find the App Catalog Update app.

You should be able to download and install it, then install the App Catalog update from the Update Manager.

Re-enable "Network Time" and reboot. After this, all apps should download and install correctly
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that since my app cataloge just will not load. Keep getting the reload message 😔
    I'm afraid it's not as simple as that since my app cataloge just will not load. Keep getting the reload message ��
    You may be able to extract the "findapps" IPK from the Doctor and install that using WOSQI if your Catalog app is corrupted

Then try updating again
    Sounds promising. How would I do this?
    Sounds promising. How would I do this?
    saw that you're following also this thread
    App Catalog Certificate update failed

have you tried installing the ipk they mention there ?

One way to extract the ipk from a doctor would be using these scripts
    Scripts to extract from a doctor ipkgs sets
    Note that you'll need linux
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    saw that you're following also this thread
    App Catalog Certificate update failed

have you tried installing the ipk they mention there ?

One way to extract the ipk from a doctor would be using these scripts
    Scripts to extract from a doctor ipkgs sets
    Note that you'll need linux
    Another way to extract from the doctor is to use WinRar or 7zip to open the Doctor (.jar stands for Java ARchive) and grab it from there...

I don't know the path of the "findapps" IPK, but i'll find out and post it here
    webosdoctorp224mantawr.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\ipkgs\

It's there (adjust the jar and nova according to the touchpad.. that's for a pre3)
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    webosdoctorp224mantawr.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\ipkgs\

It's there (adjust the jar and nova according to the touchpad.. that's for a pre3)
    I've been thinking... I have 5 TPs in the house so I used one to download as many IPKs as I could. I am happy with installing these on my TP again once I erase all my apps and Doctor 'again'.

Two questions: to erase everything and start again to ensure successful CalDav and App Catalogue confirguration should I go to Device Info and apply 'Secure Erase' before Doctoring?

I'm looking to download the IPKs for the purchased apps on my own TP. Can I copy the IPK path above onto another TP and download them or do I need to re-install on my TP once I've logged in using my Profile?
    I've been thinking... I have 5 TPs in the house so I used one to download as many IPKs as I could. I am happy with installing these on my TP again once I erase all my apps and Doctor 'again'.

Two questions: to erase everything and start again to ensure successful CalDav and App Catalogue confirguration should I go to Device Info and apply 'Secure Erase' before Doctoring?

I'm looking to download the IPKs for the purchased apps on my own TP. Can I copy the IPK path above onto another TP and download them or do I need to re-install on my TP once I've logged in using my Profile?
    I'm a little lost in what you're trying to say, but the App Catalog IPK found under %doctor%.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-tenderloin.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-tenderloin.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\ipkgs\ is what you'll use to repair the broken App Catalog you have right now. Then you set the date backwards, as per my instructions, find and apply the App Catalog Update, then under Update Manager, install the OTA app catalog update. Sounds like it has worked for you and you've downloaded all of the apps for that particular profile.

While you're at it, it might be easier for you to use the same TP to log into other profiles and download those apps as well. That way, you may not even have to doctor the other four TPs if c-Dav patch installation is successful. Secure erase before Doctoring is never needed, it just leads to more unnecessary wear to the device's flash memory, which can lead to premature failure.

If i haven't answered your questions, i'll try again
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    ...While you're at it, it might be easier for you to use the same TP to log into other profiles and download those apps as well. That way, you may not even have to doctor the other four TPs if c-Dav patch installation is successful. Secure erase before Doctoring is never needed, it just leads to more unnecessary wear to the device's flash memory, which can lead to premature failure.

If i haven't answered your questions, i'll try again
    How do I log into other profiles on a different TP to my own?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    For anyone following this, I just updated the script to be more compatible with Windows Notepad .json files (protip: save as UTF-8 in Notepad - ANSI will NOT work for some reason...).

Also put together a how-to blog article with pictures if people are still having trouble.
    Saving offline copies of your WebOS apps (IPKs) before HP App Catalog Shutdown | Adventures in Nerditry
    I appreciate all the work everyone has done here. I do! But I can't get this to work and I feel like a doof. I'm throwing my hands up here.

I can't get the HP Takeout or this .exe method to work. The HP Takeout site tells me "Access Denied" when I have everything pasted in, and the webos-ipk-dump output says that there's an error downloading every file except the App Catalog update and the App Catalog app itself. The error I get running the .exe file is something about an urllib.HTTPerror, but I didn't write it down. Sorry about that. I can run it again, but I've tried it with information from two different HP Touchpads and I don't get app downloads from the info for either of them.

If anybody has any time or info that could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. At this point I've broken out another TP and bypassed activation for it, so I can try installing the NoDeleteIPK patch and then activating it. I wanted to save or sell it, but I feel stuck.
    Last edited by krotech; 12/23/2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Preface to clarify that I know I'm whining, and blaming myself, not the developer
    Are you sure about having put the right codes ? a wrong UUID and such can cause to download only the catalog
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I'm throwing my hands up here.

I can't get the HP Takeout or this .exe method to work. The HP Takeout site tells me "Access Denied" when I have everything pasted in, and the webos-ipk-dump output says that there's an error downloading every file except the App Catalog update and the App Catalog app itself. The error I get running the .exe file is something about an urllib.HTTPerror, but I didn't write it down. Sorry about that. I can run it again, but I've tried it with information from two different HP Touchpads and I don't get app downloads from the info for either of them.

If anybody has any time or info that could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. At this point I've broken out another TP and bypassed activation for it, so I can try installing the NoDeleteIPK patch and then activating it. I wanted to save or sell it, but I feel stuck.
    Does your app catalog work? Try opening it again or downloading something - your access token may have expired - as mazzinia stated if you nduId or token are incorrect you'll get those sorts of access problems.
    I picked one of my TPs and sent myself the device and Palm profiles and copied the strings right over. I used the newer webos-ipk-dump .exe file that doesn't require you to type everything in in one string. I copied the app info from the e-mail message straight into Notepad++ and saved in UTF-8. Still don't get anything.

I went to the App Catalog on the TP I pulled all the info from and grabbed a free app to see if that still worked, and it did.

I went ahead and booted up an older TP I'd held onto as a replacement, bypassed activation, installed the nodeleteipk patch, and then rebooted it and went through the First Use/sync process. Everything is downloading now. I still want to know why I can't get these methods to work, if one or more of the programs doesn't download for some reason.

Thanks for the quick responses. I know everyone around here is busy, and I appreciate it.
    Weird. Can you get the smallest of the zip archives I posted in this thread, and use the script with that one ?
    Just to understand if that one works for you or not.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast