Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 173
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    That was just an example json.

    condenast epicurious is not amongst the ipkgs that my pre3 was allowed to download (us app catalog). Maybe is a valid ipk for the uk or de app catalog, but not for the US, so I think it's normal that you cannot download that one.

    IF using cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com now allows you to run the script, and if you want to download all the free ipkgs (and your paid ones, possibly) that are available to your 2 devices.. go back a few pages in this thread.
    I posted 3 premade files allowing to download everything. Your pre3 itself should allow you to grab around 2700 free ipkgs (once you replace the old cdn.downloads.palm.com with the newer )
    Downloading with my Touchpad device ID... and epicurious is a touchpad app, but maybe it is not available for UK/DE catalog, not sure what my profile points to at the moment.

    EDIT: Currently, app catalog: DE, epicurious is probably US only

    I do indeed see ipk's incoming now, using the palm-catalog2 file, have gotten some from the palm-beta file as well.
    The palm-web file is in a different format, that will not be read directly?

    I can see in the python file that you test for existing ipk's, so I can just restart with different ID's. Thanks for that!

    Will have to find out which phone I have registered with the palm profile at the moment, might even be my pixI

    EDIT: Indeed pixi is live on my profile, so now downloading the beta feed once more for the pixi, it is skipping touchpad apps, but i do get some new pixi/phone apps
    Last edited by horzel; 12/12/2014 at 12:32 PM.
  2. #102  
    Hops, the web one seems I put the original not parsed file (and looks like nobody told me)

    This should be the right one ( as in the last revision, I hope )

    You should be able to download close to 2800 ipks (just checked), and a total of around 3.7gb (based on only a pre3 - us catalog).
    The total number of free packages is btw 3500 and 4000 (touchpad/pre/pixi/pre2 - us/uk/de/fr), if I remember correctly what herrie wrote in this thread

    Edit : updated the zip in the other post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/12/2014 at 08:09 AM.
    horzel likes this.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Hops, the web one seems I put the original not parsed file (and looks like nobody told me)

    This should be the right one ( as in the last revision, I hope )

    You should be able to download close to 2800 ipks (just checked), and a total of around 3.7gb (based on only a pre3 - us catalog).
    The total number of free packages is btw 3500 and 4000 (touchpad/pre/pixi/pre2 - us/uk/de/fr), if I remember correctly what herrie wrote in this thread

    Edit : updated the zip in the other post
    Yupp this one is working!

    TXS
  4. #104  
    Is it worth downloading the whole catalog? I had contemplated doing so but then at the same time I'd have no idea what most of the stuff is. However I think it would be real neat, as long as there is not some sort of legal issue, having the whole catalog hosted in a new app catalog to replace the HP one. I assume in the long run if webOS is going to manage to gain group an app catalog will have to exist. I know we have preware and that is something that is good to have but I'm assume an app market of the caliber or the HP catalog or that like the design of the android market or even the iOS market (I have personally never seen it so just tossing it in here). Oh and sorry if this is too much off topic. Just was an additional thought on the idea of having the whole catalog available post shutdown. Heck it would be real neat if paid apps, and are from developers interested in continued support of webOS, could continue to be hosted in a catalog post HP catalog shutdown.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  5. #106  
    I don't think that you are off-topic. Once the January shutdown happens, I think we'll have no particular issues to have our own private infrastructure...

    Actually zoopda (chinese forum) had its own private app catalog ipk (now not working anymore due to a website upgrade), and I don't see why we shouldn't be able to implement the functionality (I've a copy of the mojo ipk)
  6. #107  
    Since I was forced to the dark side (not really the dark side but) I've mostly been idle in keeping up with what's going on with webOS. I've been in a holding pattern hoping something would come about from it being open source and get new hardware and a solid hold in the market again making it possible for me to make wbOS my primary once again. It saddened me to have it become an occasional tinker hobby, checking in to see if anything has changed since last time. I guess the next 4-5 weeks will be pretty important to see if there is a significant replacement for the webOS app catalog. Because without a solid built in app catalog with a solid wide developer support there isn't much hope for webOS regaining what it has lost. I know those of us here that have been a part of the "home brew" are, I assume, staying strong and haven't lost developers support.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  7. #108  
    After reading this thread over a few times and a few trial and errors saving the .json file, I now have the ipk files saved for the apps on my Pre3 and TouchPad. I can do anything - as long as someone smarter than me has done it first and posted how-to instructions!! Thank you for all your hard work and your willingness to share it with less-than-computer-savvy-minds like me. I am a program user, not writer or coder. But I love to try and am excited when I succeed. With all the help from this forum (and others) I am succeeding in keeping my WebOS devices up and running.
    Preemptive likes this.
  8. #109  
    Any of you know why when I go to save JSON file from Impostah, I get the following error: Service Error (saveResponse): Invalid or missing object parameter
  9. #110  
    I believe that only happens in the installed apps view. I believe it's a bug in that view, because the purchased apps and available apps views are able to save to a file. I can't remember if I found a way to save the installed apps list to a file or if I just used the purchased apps list.
  10. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I believe that only happens in the installed apps view. I believe it's a bug in that view, because the purchased apps and available apps views are able to save to a file. I can't remember if I found a way to save the installed apps list to a file or if I just used the purchased apps list.
    This is from my Purchased Apps list. Not my Installed list..

    Update: exact opposite for me.. I just tried my Installed Apps list and it saved the JSON file just fine, but gives that error on the Purchased apps list. Sucks because I want to attain all my purchased list to try and download before shutdown.
    Last edited by Volcom45; 12/18/2014 at 12:17 PM.
  11. #112  
    Hmmm let me try this again.. Ok that's the one that failed.. it is a very different list, as just a list of applids instead of a list of appinfo objects, so I don't really think it can be used with the script anyway. If you can save the available apps list (and I just did this, but haven't checked the file yet) then you can find the one app you are really interested in and put that in a file by itself (formatting will have to be just right though).

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/18/2014 at 12:28 PM.
  12. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hmmm let me try this again.. Ok that's the one that failed.. it is a very different list, as just a list of applids instead of a list of appinfo objects, so I don't really think it can be used with the script anyway. If you can save the available apps list (and I just did this, but haven't checked the file yet) then you can find the one app you are really interested in and put that in a file by itself (formatting will have to be just right though).

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Thx for checking for me. My only issue is my restore after a doctor only downloaded a fraction of my purchased apps.. there's probably a hundred I don't have installed right now, so it sounds like all I can do is slowly work my way through the Purchased Apps list to go re-download all of the ones that I'm missing now and then create a Installed JSON file once I have everything. Biggest reason I'm doing this is one of my purchased apps (Rock Band) fails to reinstall. So far, everything else has installed just fine, but it goes through the entire download process, then installing.. and eventually fails. I was hoping to attempt to install it via Preware or webOS Quick Install if I could just attain the IPK. But I may as well attempt to get everything, hehe. :P
  13. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcom45 View Post
    Thx for checking for me. My only issue is my restore after a doctor only downloaded a fraction of my purchased apps.. there's probably a hundred I don't have installed right now, so it sounds like all I can do is slowly work my way through the Purchased Apps list to go re-download all of the ones that I'm missing now and then create a Installed JSON file once I have everything. Biggest reason I'm doing this is one of my purchased apps (Rock Band) fails to reinstall. So far, everything else has installed just fine, but it goes through the entire download process, then installing.. and eventually fails. I was hoping to attempt to install it via Preware or webOS Quick Install if I could just attain the IPK. But I may as well attempt to get everything, hehe. :P
    I checked the available apps list I saved from my Pre2 a while back and could not find an app by that name. I didn't find it in the available apps list from my Touchpad either. Is it a phone app or a tablet app?
  14. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I checked the available apps list I saved from my Pre2 a while back and could not find an app by that name. I didn't find it in the available apps list from my Touchpad either. Is it a phone app or a tablet app?
    Phone App
  15. #116  
    In dealing with an issue with AccuWeather, I realized that I had only grabbed the free AccuWeather (ver 1.6) instead of the purchased version (1.4) - even though it was the purchased version was installed on my Pre 3. The odd thing is that my *.json file list didn't 't include either version. After I uninstalled and then reinstalled the purchased version of AccuWeather, it showed up correctly in my list of installed apps and when I re-ran the webos-ipk-dump, the correct version (purchased version - 1.4) was in the *.json file and it downloaded correctly. I can't say exactly what happened but I thought I should at least report it - FWIW.
  16. #117  
    I do see it on my Pre 3, with US catalog. Publisher Elecronic Arts, which gives me the idea that it probably only is in the US cat

    Talking about Rock Band here...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I do see it on my Pre 3, with US catalog. Publisher Elecronic Arts, which gives me the idea that it probably only is in the US cat

    Talking about Rock Band here...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Yeah, I still show it in the US Catalog, as well. It must just be somehow broken on their servers because it'll download the IPK just fine but fail overtime it is in the install process..
  18. #119  
    Actually it is in US and CA according to uberappcat
    edit: also it is 160 MB

    If you have the nodeleteipk patch installed, you will have the ipk after downloading

    Try delete the app and than install the ipk from preware or internalz.

    Ipk will only show in downloads after full download, so if you have it there the download is as is.

    Now if the install fails, and you have nodeleteipk installed, check for to many files in the media-cryptofs-tmp

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by horzel; 12/18/2014 at 02:16 PM.
  19. #120  
    Thanks to this awesome script, I was able to download my Installed list and even though Rock Band would always fail to install, the fact that it was sitting there with a yellow exclamation through it was enough to include it in the JSON file and it downloaded the full IPK. It installs just fine with Preware. Only issue now is, every time I reboot the phone, the App Catalog tries to re-download it again and then puts it back into a broken state. I guess this problem will correct itself here in early January :P Airplane mode for now.. Huge thanks to all of you that helped!

Similar Threads

  1. How to create Save/Restore script?
    By broncot in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10/10/2014, 10:25 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01/26/2014, 12:40 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05/06/2011, 10:43 PM
  4. Script to save attachments to new directory
    By mike_pre in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01/28/2011, 01:56 PM
  5. Would A Save/Restore Game Progress Script Sharing Community Be Possible?
    By the2ndflood in forum webOSNation.com - Site News, Feedback & Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06/17/2010, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions