Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the original post with additional notes about Impostah, and how to save a Notepad file with UTF-8 encoding.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Finally! :-)

I worked out where i was going wrong. At "then the menu on the left/top : Email " I was doing just this and copying the text from the email into notepad and saving that as ipkdump.json. This time instead of 'Email' I chose 'Save To File' and then attached that to my email from the media partition.

Having said that, after 5 mins it is still showing just a single IPK has been 'saved' and even that isn't in the IPK folder where I thought it should be :-(

I'll leave it running this afternoon and see if I get anything else or an error message. I'll also run at home over the weekend too instead of the work PC!

Fingers crossed and thanks PrplHaz4
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Having said that, after 5 mins it is still showing just a single IPK has been 'saved' and even that isn't in the IPK folder where I thought it should be :-(
    downloading apps is not taking a lot of time, especially if just the installed ones.

If you have troubles, I think one of us could look at the .json file
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Finally! :-)

I worked out where i was going wrong. At "then the menu on the left/top : Email " I was doing just this and copying the text from the email into notepad and saving that as ipkdump.json. This time instead of 'Email' I chose 'Save To File' and then attached that to my email from the media partition.

I'll leave it running this afternoon and see if I get anything else or an error message. I'll also run at home over the weekend too instead of the work PC!

Fingers crossed and thanks PrplHaz4
    You're first method was actually what I did (except copied it into Notepad++ instead of Notepad). You can try that again, but make sure to save it as UTF-8 using Notepad: (File->Save As...->Encoding:UTF-8)
    Last edited by PrplHaz4; 10/31/2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Saving as UTF-8 with Notepad.exe
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I'll give notepad++ a go on my PC tonight. But, it seems to be working now with the IPK's being saved to c:\users\mike\ipk I thought these would be saved to the IPK folder in c:\tmp that is created.

Anyway, happy days :-)

Thanks so much

Oh, the reason nothing appeared to be happening is the 2nd app is Nova 2 which is 675MB - it took a litlte while to download . . . .
    Last edited by MikeN68; 10/31/2014 at 08:58 AM. Reason: slow explained
    I'll give notepad++ a go on my PC tonight. But, it seems to be working now with the IPK's being saved to c:\users\mike\ipk I thought these would be saved to the IPK folder in c:\tmp that is created.

Anyway, happy days :-)

Thanks so much

Oh, the reason nothing appeared to be happening is the 2nd app is Nova 2 which is 675MB - it took a litlte while to download . . . .

I thought the same thing the first time I ran it, until I started watching the IPK folder and saw the first IPK it was downloading was nova2 and the file was increasing in size.

Sent using WebOS Nation mobile app
    I've ran the webos-ipk-dump.exe-file on linux using wine. Works great! No need to change encoding, I've got the infos and ipkdump from Impostah via "Save to File" and USB connection.

Hint: for the Veer (EU) the "Device Profile ndUid" must be also the "deviceId" in format "IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".

So much thanks to PrplHaz4!
    Last edited by Kai00; 11/01/2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks! Great script. Just wish I'd found it before removing and reinstalling box.net app with the nodeleteipk.patch. Which broke it. Doh!
    Should this script create ipk's for all pre-installed apps (like Maps) as well, or are they somehow embedded in the doctor?

(I'm asking 'cause when running the script I noticed an error flash by in cmd window regarding Maps and no ipk for Maps was created.)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuayPad View Post
    Should this script create ipk's for all pre-installed apps (like Maps) as well, or are they somehow embedded in the doctor?

(I'm asking 'cause when running the script I noticed an error flash by in cmd window regarding Maps and no ipk for Maps was created.)
    No, the pre-installed apps will not be downloaded. It's not because of the script, they are not located in the App Catalog. And so they are not in the ipkdump-file from Imostah.

I have no experience with the doctor, but I think that they will be restored.

The Maps app seems to be a special case. HP replaced in 2012 the pre-installed Google Maps with Bing Maps from the App Catalog. I had the same error when running the script:
    Code:
    com.palm.app.maps_3.1.32_all.ipk ....Error downloading file
    No matter, there are better maps than Bing Maps

regards
    Big thanks for this!
    Now my eu pre3, att pre3, three TPs, TP Go have all their s@@t together.

Much appreciated.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    cbosdell likes this.
    I just want to add my thanks! Works great and now I have peace of mind going forward. Great work!!
    Unrelated to my use of the script but I was just thinking since Impostah can get a whole list of the app catalog theoretically this script could be used to archive the whole app catalog could it not?

It would appear that this worked for me except for one app which this was the output for: com.palm.app.maps_3.1.32_all.ipk ....Error downloading file. All other ones ended with: Saved!. That would be 68 app ipks saved. According to preware I have 101 applications installed. 79 of them are listed as from the Palm Apps feed. One app downloaded that doesn't show up in preware: Tweed. There are 11 apps that are in the palm apps feed that perhaps are no longer in the catalog? Here are they are and I verified they were not in the json:

Assassin's Creed (com.gameloft.app.assassins) it did download (com.gameloft.app.assassinshd) I have both installed
    Carbon for Twitter (not that it matters unless things change and 3rd party clients are allowed again)
    How to Train Your Dragon (com.glu.app.dragon)
    MyQ for Netflix HD (not that it matters unless things change and 3rd party apps are allowed again)
    Slacker Radio (com.slacker.webosplayer) web site works in the browser so maybe app is pointless?
    Spades (com.bytesequencing.pre.spades)
    Speed Brain (com.lumoslabs.speed-brain)
    The Settlers (com.gameloft.app.settlers)
    Transformers G1 (com.glu.app.transg1)
    Twee (again doesn't matter unless things change with twitter and 3rd party apps are allowed)
    WhitePages (com.whitepages.mobile)

So I assume I'm going to need to back these up somehow else. Stuff from webos internals and precentral I assume there is no worries with. And the handful of things that are indicated as unknown I think are preinstalled apps which would be restored with webOS doctor. Which leaves just two things I'm not sure how exactly I got them. Glimpse Dev Cut and AIOSettings.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Yes, it can and has been used to download all the app catalog ( at least for sure all, or possibly all, the free ipks ).
    You will find 3 files posted by me on this thread, some pages ago, that will allow you do snatch all from beta / catalog and web (and paid apps based on your tokens ). All that's marked allowed for your device, that is.

With a pre3 on the us app catalog you should be able to download around 2700 packages
    Hey, all. Someone gave me a script that runs in Unix, that will download and repackage apps that are already installed on a webOS device .. ie, you use it to get an IPK from the application that is already installed on the device.

I haven't tested it, so I have no idea if/how well it works, but...

I tried to post it here, but webOSnation has some kind of filter installed that when I add it to the post, it tells me that I've been banned.

So, I posted it over on my "blog" forum: http://www.ericbla.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1549
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    err

403 FORBIDDEN!

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
    Spammer tolerant host network (HN-0103).

Your IP, Domain Name (if resolvable), the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date have been logged and flagged for admin review. Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.

The webmaster of this site has decided to provide you with an e-mail link to start a trouble ticket about this block.
    Please do not change the beginning of the subject line, nor the preamble of the body text.

Click HERE to start a trouble ticket.
    Your connection details:
    Record #: 2868
    Time: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:16:12 +0100
    Running: 0.4.10a3 / 76
    Host: host23.......telecomitalia.it
    IP: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Stripped Query: f=12&t=1549
    Referer:
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.110 Safari/537.36
    Reconstructed URL: http:// www.ericbla.de /phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1549

Generated by ZB Block 0.4.10a3 / 76
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/11/2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Thanks for the notice mazzinia, I've removed that detection from my spamblock. (webOSnation's spamblock detected me, now mine is detecting you.. grin) Let me know if any other bad thing happens. (i also just dropped the IP block that got added automatically.. )
    Last edited by eblade; 12/11/2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    works without issues :P
    A little bit of time today, so I was willing to try the script.

Simply the script executable from the first post, used notepad to copy the example json o a new file.

No problem reading the json, it seems, but problems contacting the server:

urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not prop
    erly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond>

no firewall or so in between.

Have tested against my Touchpad and Pre3 profile, same error

changing the part: cdn.downloads.palm.com
    to: cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com

Let me download only the com.accuweather.accuweather_1.1.0_all.ipk not the second one?
    In this case for the secodn one, it will state: ipkname ....Error downloading file

Anybody who can point me to more info on this?

TXS
    That was just an example json.

condenast epicurious is not amongst the ipkgs that my pre3 was allowed to download (us app catalog). Maybe is a valid ipk for the uk or de app catalog, but not for the US, so I think it's normal that you cannot download that one.

IF using cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com now allows you to run the script, and if you want to download all the free ipkgs (and your paid ones, possibly) that are available to your 2 devices.. go back a few pages in this thread.
    I posted 3 premade files allowing to download everything. Your pre3 itself should allow you to grab around 2700 free ipkgs (once you replace the old cdn.downloads.palm.com with the newer )