Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Emergency (sort of).

We are missing for sure one Feed hosted by hpsvcs ... found it by chance. This free ipk is a newer version (and way bigger) than the one provided in palm-web. The pre3 correctly goes to it clicking on this

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...stpass.lpwebos

(but fails to download due to the App Catalog problem). I think it would be useful to find this feed (and dump it)

IT CAN BE DOWNLOADED USING THE IPK SCRIPT IN THIS THREAD

Thanks to Impostah :

{
    "installSize": 2293760,
    "appSize": 445718,
    "publicApplicationId": "com.lastpass.lpwebos",
    "appVersion": "1.90.1",
    "id": 1594,
    "packageUrl": "https://cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com/apps/1594/files/com.lastpass.lpwebos_1.90.1_all.ipk",
    "appIcon": "http://cdn.downloads.hpsvcs.com/public/1594/icon/S/icon_1_75_6.png",
    "vendor": "LastPass",
    "homeURL": "http://lastpass.com/"
    }
    Do you have a json for this feed?
    Also I've noticed that the palm-web is not json that you provided in your previous post. Can fix that please?
    So pissed that hp servers crashed or just don'w allow any more purchases
    Finally found some free time and this
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Purchases work ! Just the downloads in app catalog won't work after buying.
    But with this ipk dump you can get the just purchased app anyway (even the bought app is listed in the Impostah "Show purchased Apps" an can be saved to get it with this script here) :

I tried this ^ exactly in the morning today and have my purchased app on my PC now - ready to installed later.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Purchases work ! Just the downloads in app catalog won't work after buying.
    But with this ipk dump you can get the just purchased app anyway (even the bought app is listed in the Impostah "Show purchased Apps" an can be saved to get it with this script here) :

I tried this ^ exactly in the morning today and have my purchased app on my PC now - ready to installed later.
    Just had the same idea after receiving an email with a receipt and was about to try the script. Thanks for verifying.
    Anyway it just sux and good think we have the scripts and they still work.
    If HP didn't fire the guys that support these servers I guess they can fix it since it affects all the apps not only paid ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Do you have a json for this feed?
    Also I've noticed that the palm-web is not json that you provided in your previous post. Can fix that please?
    I have (made) a json for this specific app only. If there's a raw feed somewhere (anyone knows ??) I can parse and make it available.

I can also simply add the ipk here.. should not have copyright issues/rules issues , being a freeware, isn't it ?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am about this revive my two Pre3s and my two TPs.

Question re: Impostah and Pre3s
    I am having an issue understanding where to get the All installed list to email.
    When I go to "Applications" in Impostah on my Pre3; I get "Application Set" with a drop down "User Installed" then I can 'view' each installed app. There is no master all installed or all catalog list.

Do I have to email each app data individually then combine into the json?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I have (made) a json for this specific app only. If there's a raw feed somewhere (anyone knows ??) I can parse and make it available.

I can also simply add the ipk here.. should not have copyright issues/rules issues , being a freeware, isn't it ?
    It's funny that these have hpsvcs url's, all my other IPK's seem to have Palm url's. I scraped all feeds yesterday and NONE of them actually had hpsvcs url's!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's funny that these have hpsvcs url's, all my other IPK's seem to have Palm url's. I scraped all feeds yesterday and NONE of them actually had hpsvcs url's!
    I know, all the links I had were with palm too.. and changed to hpsvcs likely today. I think they're consolidating / moving the server / giving it to hp services , thus the new name.
    Right now both the old and new paths work... moreover, go check with impostah at installed apps.. you'll notice that each app can be downloaded with 2 different links both part of the same address...

(one has also /versionnumber/packagenameversionnumber.ipk)

makes me suspect that older revisions of the same packages are maintained under /1.0.1/ /1.10.2/ etc (just a random example)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I am about this revive my two Pre3s and my two TPs.

Question re: Impostah and Pre3s
    I am having an issue understanding where to get the All installed list to email.
    When I go to "Applications" in Impostah on my Pre3; I get "Application Set" with a drop down "User Installed" then I can 'view' each installed app. There is no master all installed or all catalog list.

Do I have to email each app data individually then combine into the json?
    No, don't click on the individual app... if you use the option to send by email when you see the list of app names, you actually get all the data.
    Probable. Btw... off topic.. any idea where the help pages are stored ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
    Didn't like the idea of uninstalling and reinstalling all my apps in order to save the IPKs, so wrote a (couple) scripts...
    Well, I had to do some manual editing of the .json file but now it's working.

I kept getting the following error:
    <class 'UnicodeDecodeError'>
    ...trying UTF-16...
    <class 'UnicodeError'>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Apps\python\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console3.py", line 27,
    File ".\webos-ipk-dump\webos-ipk-dump.py", line 93, in <module>
    main()
    File ".\webos-ipk-dump\webos-ipk-dump.py", line 26, in main
    apps = readIpkJson(inputFile)
    File ".\webos-ipk-dump\webos-ipk-dump.py", line 70, in readIpkJson
    return f
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'f' referenced before assignment
    The culprits were Assassin's Creed™: Altaïr's Chronicles and Genius Greedy Mouse. The former had annoying special characters in the title, so I changed it to Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles. The latter's creator was Alan Ishoj Bøstrup-Sørensen, so I changed the ø's in o's in the .json file (it won't affect the downloaded ipk so it doesn't really matter). With those changes the script worked as advertised (of course I had already backed everything up...so I didn't really have to do this, but...meh). It was just a bit annoying to find those applications responsible for the initial error.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    Well, I had to do some manual editing of the .json file but now it's working.

I kept getting the following error:

The culprits were Assassin's Creed™: Altaïr's Chronicles and Genius Greedy Mouse. The former had annoying special characters in the title, so I changed it to Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles. The latter's creator was Alan Ishoj Bøstrup-Sørensen, so I changed the ø's in o's in the .json file (it won't affect the downloaded ipk so it doesn't really matter). With those changes the script worked as advertised (of course I had already backed everything up...so I didn't really have to do this, but...meh). It was just a bit annoying to find those applications responsible for the initial error.
    Thanks for the resposne! I had Assassin's Creed in my list too and didn't have problems....I'm guessing it was because I used Notepad++ (with UTF-8 encoding) to save the .json file...
    Quote Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
    Thanks for the resposne! I had Assassin's Creed in my list too and didn't have problems....I'm guessing it was because I used Notepad++ (with UTF-8 encoding) to save the .json file...
    That could definitely be the reason. I normally use either Sublime Text 2 or Notepad++, but since I recently reinstalled my computer I haven't gotten around to installing them yet. So instead I used plain old Notepad.

Anyway, if others encounter the problem they now know how to solve it (using notepad++ is probably faster than going through the entire list ) and get things working. It's an easy script that everyone can use (small tip: read this How to Copy and Paste in the Windows Command Prompt); and it give you a backup right on the computer. Plus it doens't overwrite already-downloaded ipk's...which is a plus when you decide to download a few more apps now that the end is nigh and don't want to download the entire list again.
    No, don't click on the individual app... if you use the option to send by email when you see the list of app names, you actually get all the data.
    There is no email option unless I selected an app. Are you saying pick the first app, hit email and they all get sent?
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    There is no email option unless I selected an app. Are you saying pick the first app, hit email and they all get sent?
    ehm no

Impostah
    App catalog
    show installed apps
    then the menu on the left/top : Email
    would it be possible to put the collection up on something like box or dropbox or onedrive or one of those free sites ...the files are small & would not jam up the storage ...it would be a great thing ...touchpads came with free 50gb box space, for instance...
    Phew, just got this to work. First tried on Windows 7 (under Mac Bootcamp) since I saw the download was an .exe file, but got the encoding errors. Then saw on the other link that PHP was another route. Back on the Mac side, had to install homebrew and then wget, and all was good. Thanks PrplHaz4 and others for this!

BTW, I had previously saved all the cryptofs folders from my Pre2 and downloaded ipk packager.jar. I tested this out on one cryptofs folder and successfully created an ipk. I did not install this ipk, but am wondering was this an alternative method to archiving ipk's for later installation, i.e. after doctoring?
    Last edited by jclin4; 10/31/2014 at 08:46 AM.
    ehm no

Impostah
    App catalog
    show installed apps
    then the menu on the left/top : Email
    Ah....that's not what the instructions indicated in post 1 or 33
    Thank you.
    I'm having the same trouble that Misj' above did, but I can't find the characters that are tripping me up. Sent as e-mail and copied into Notepad++, saved as file and transferred over to the desktop, went through app by app and tried to clean it up ... nothing. I found two names with funny or missing characters, but nothing else. If there are any other suggestions out there, or if someone solved this problem another way, I'd appreciate the help.

I should note that my first attempt to trawl my apps list did run, but only the two HP apps for the catalog downloaded. Everything else gave me an error and nothing else downloaded. I'm going to delete and re-download anything I know I want, but I'd really like all of my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I'm having the same trouble that Misj' above did, but I can't find the characters that are tripping me up. Sent as e-mail and copied into Notepad++, saved as file and transferred over to the desktop, went through app by app and tried to clean it up ... nothing. I found two names with funny or missing characters, but nothing else. If there are any other suggestions out there, or if someone solved this problem another way, I'd appreciate the help.
    the way I did it was to split the json file in half. Then tested whether either half could be downloaded. If not, I'd split it in half again and repeated the process, etc. This allowed me to slowly close in on the problem(s).

If you are not familliar with the json-format, use jsonlint.com to validate their formatting after you edited them. Also, use > webos-ipk-dump.exe [token] [ndUid] [ipkdump.json] in the commandline (rather than just running the exe-file). This way you can just press the up-key to repeat it for each part of the json, and don't have to copy the token and id all the time.

Hope this helps. And please share which app is to blame, so other can more easily solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I should note that my first attempt to trawl my apps list did run, but only the two HP apps for the catalog downloaded. Everything else gave me an error and nothing else downloaded. I'm going to delete and re-download anything I know I want, but I'd really like all of my apps.
    Remember that if you have a phone, this part

[ndUid]

requires the field IMEI:.....

and not the ndUid token