Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes
    This thread makes me feel stupid, so I might as well show it off... I want very much to export a nice folder full of all the ipk files & patch files so I don't get stuck when all goes awry after the date of deadliness HP has imposed... is there a way to make this simple for a simpleton like me so I can get it done... tia!!
    richdebby likes this.
    .... the "Applications" tab in Impostah is just running a spinner for me. No errors, never loads data.

I could've sworn that I'd seen a way to access a list of all apps you owned, somewhere.. anyone know anything about that? Then we could easily pick up larger swaths.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    .... the "Applications" tab in Impostah is just running a spinner for me. No errors, never loads data.

I could've sworn that I'd seen a way to access a list of all apps you owned, somewhere.. anyone know anything about that? Then we could easily pick up larger swaths.

Purchased apps are listed under the main section of 'App Catalog'. There are buttons for installed apps, purchased apps, and available apps (in the catalog).
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    ahah, just tried... it gave error downloading every single app, aside the App Catalog ipk
    Same for me with my Pre2 list even with small one (one or two apps). Just findapps and catalogupdate is downloaded. all others give a ".....Error downloading file"

BUT worked great on my TP list - downloaded 95 Apps.

I'm on german appcatalog with different profiles for TP and Pre2 and i'm on win7/32bit to download.

btw. also tried "Frankendumping" with TP ids(both) on Pre2-list which sadly also didn't work which seems at least to work with those files that are available for Pre2 and TP, even if not installed on TP right now (perhaps before).
    Which now gives me a total of 122 apps, so it could be worth for other to try that if you have Pre and TP.

webos-ipk-dump.exe [TP-token] [TP-ndUid] [PRE_ipkdump.json]
    Of course paid apps of Pre2 are not amongst them.
    I just re-read GMMan comment: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
    And he not only talks about nduid but also of IMEI.

So here is the deal for you Pre-phonelovers:
    webos-ipk-dump.exe [token] [deviceId] [ipkdump.json]
    where the format of [deviceId] should be for
    GSM users:
    IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX found above nduId in the device profile file

CDMA users (thx Grabber):
    MEID:xxxxxx found above nduId in the device profile file

Just downloaded and archived all my Pre2 stuff (125 apps) including paid apps. Now i can sleep better.
    So HP come get some and hail to the king PrplHaz4.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    I just re-read GMMan comment: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
    And he not only talks about nduid but also of IMEI.

So here is the deal for you Pre-phonelovers:

where the format of [deviceId] should be IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX found above nduId in the device profile

Just downloaded and archived all my Pre2 stuff (125 apps) including paid apps. Now i can sleep better.
    So HP come get some and hail to the king PrplHaz4.
    wow, well that's some good info! never would've figured that out as my only webOS device is a Touchpad.... +1 for webOS community again....

For others, I've updated the script to handle UTF-16 encoding with the hope that it will fix some of the problems with .json encoding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Purchased apps are listed under the main section of 'App Catalog'. There are buttons for installed apps, purchased apps, and available apps (in the catalog).
    ... so.. can we just save the "Available Apps", and have it pick off every app that we can possibly access?

.. how to get the Beta catalog info i wonder...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    ... so.. can we just save the "Available Apps", and have it pick off every app that we can possibly access?

... the answer to that is "nope". As it is right now, the "Available Apps" does not have the same info as the "Installed Apps", which is also different from the "Purchased Apps", sadly. I wonder if we can manage to do that, though.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    ... the answer to that is "nope". As it is right now, the "Available Apps" does not have the same info as the "Installed Apps", which is also different from the "Purchased Apps", sadly. I wonder if we can manage to do that, though.
    tried that already the other day and tried the beta feeds. I guess need to read up the other post on how to load beta feeds and install them on a device. If that works seems that I should be able to install beta feeds app thru the preware/app cat app. I turn these also and their applocation should be populated in the generated json from impostah.
    That's what I'm working on, so far got 2100+ free ones. I'm collecting everyone's Available Apps info with the modified Impostah version to see if there are more :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2

zip file here:
    Would you pay $5-10 /year for a drop-in replacement to Palm Profile / Cloud Services?
    I've not tried but it looks like the zip files aren't directly usable with the script am I wrong ?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    This thread makes me feel stupid, so I might as well show it off... I want very much to export a nice folder full of all the ipk files & patch files so I don't get stuck when all goes awry after the date of deadliness HP has imposed... is there a way to make this simple for a simpleton like me so I can get it done... tia!!
    From github https://github.com/PrplHaz4/webos-ipk-dump
    Code:
    Get required information from Impostah (email these Impostah sections to yourself):
    1. "token" from Palm Profile
    2. "ndUid" from Device Profile
    3. "Applications->Installed Apps" saved as ipkdump.json (plain text/notepad file)

Run the script:
    1. Download webos-ipk-dump.zip
    2. Extract zip to c:\tmp
    3. Save "Installed Apps" (from the email you sent yourself above) as "ipkdump.json"
    4. Place ipkdump.json into c:\tmp directory (with "webos-ipk-dump.exe")
    5. Have your "token" and "ndUid" ready!
    6. Run webos-ipk-dump.exe from command line
    richdebby likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    I've not tried but it looks like the zip files aren't directly usable with the script am I wrong ?
    No idea. The request was for a listing of the Palm beta catalogue and I think that's what that is. Horzel made it as well as other listings - see the post. You'd have to check to see if it's location limited or whatever. I'm not clear if there is such a thing as a complete listing accessible from a particular device. Herrie is trying assemble data from multiple users.

That data may make it possible to download the apps or at least search for them simply by showing what exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    No idea. The request was for a listing of the Palm beta catalogue and I think that's what that is. Horzel made it as well as other listings - see the post. You'd have to check to see if it's location limited or whatever. I'm not clear if there is such a thing as a complete listing accessible from a particular device. Herrie is trying assemble data from multiple users.

That data may make it possible to download the apps or at least search for them simply by showing what exists.
    I should have an update on that later today, I put together all the information received from various sources (users + Horzel) and will update my Google Drive document with it. Seems I can also download the palm-beta feeds with my tokens

Need to check quite a few more things, was also able to download another 550 free apps based on info received from users.

The feeds from Horzel don't contain any price information, so need to trial & error for those. Total count in my list so far: 10869 unique apps
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive and krotech like this.
    Has anyone gotten this to work with a CDMA device? They have an MEID instead of an IMEI. I put that on the commandline for the token, but gave me the 'Error downloading file' message. I stripped the json file down to one entry to test it.

Edit: Nevermind.. I misread the instructions and didn't have the right value for token.. So, to clarify for CDMA Pre users, the deviceId is the MEID in the format MEID:xxxxxx, and is found above the nduid in the same place the IMEI would be for GSM devices. Successfully downloaded 110 apps that are installed on my Pre2.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 10/27/2014 at 10:59 AM.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Nice!
    So irrelevant as ever, but I converted Horzel's data to CSV (tab separated)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...zel_appcat.csv
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...zel_webcat.csv
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...el_betacat.csv

Might be useful to someone for a quick sort / search.
    horzel likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lc_lol View Post
    That's correct - this script is more of a personal backup of your apps.

It could be rigged to use the data in the .zip to download everything you potentially have access to, but that seems very much duplicative of the efforts of Herrie and Remy X.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrplHaz4 View Post
    That's correct - this script is more of a personal backup of your apps.

It could be rigged to use the data in the .zip to download everything you potentially have access to, but that seems very much duplicative of the efforts of Herrie and Remy X.
    Yeah I got 2700+ free IPK's this way and will probably have another 500+ or so later today Hope to have a status update up later tonight
    60RH likes this.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Yeah I got 2700+ free IPK's this way and will probably have another 500+ or so later today Hope to have a status update up later tonight
    Herrie, are you scanning the beta channel, or web channel as well? Oyherwise other people could focus on those, still we have quite some time left for just downloading, buying app, on that is our current time limit.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast