Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By barryb20
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 2 Post By boovish
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    We should have planned some sort of contingency plan to catalog and backup all of the apps in the catalog. What do you think they'll do with the server banks? Wipe them of the data?
    Oh well, lets enjoy this music while we rush around trying to figure everything out!

:/
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I'mWe are working on it. We still have nearly two weeks left for purchases, and till next year to reverse-engineer the Palm Profile communication sequence (log-in/activation and routine back-up procedures)
    joshua764 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I'mWe are working on it. We still have nearly two weeks left for purchases, and till next year to reverse-engineer the Palm Profile communication sequence (log-in/activation and routine back-up procedures)
    remy. RECOMMEND that applications acquire hp?

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    remy. RECOMMEND that applications acquire hp?

Sorry. Google Translate failed

I will try to understand what you're trying to say, but it difficult
    Sorry. Google Translate failed

I will try to understand what you're trying to say, but it difficult
    su aplicación recomiendas para comprar?

recommend which applications buy

Last edited by joshua764; 10/17/2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    su aplicación recomiendas para comprar?

recommend which applications buy

"Recommend which applications to buy"

I understand now

I don't know, but please start a new forum thread, and others will definitely help you
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    We should have planned some sort of contingency plan to catalog and backup all of the apps in the catalog. What do you think they'll do with the server banks? Wipe them of the data?
    Oh well, lets enjoy this music while we rush around trying to figure everything out!

Boovish,

this sir is a far more apt song....
    [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/YT]

(completely camp 80's rock )

Barry
    boovish likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post

Decent tune, but i prefer this one:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1oFBX-gTY[/YT]

Much like webOS, this band is a little known gem that never got the stardom it deserved, yet still rocks to this day! (Saw them a few months ago)
    boovish likes this.
  9.    #10  
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Grabber5.0 and TJs11thPre like this.
    Ya know what - it *almost* opened on my Pre2.. I was amazed that it opened the Spotify app, but it didn't open the playlist.
    hi experts

can someone tell me if the existing Memo enties( created with Default account of "HP webOS account") will have any Trouble after 15 jan 2015, if I do nothing ?

also the calendar entries made with the same account ? i.e I have past and future entries on the caledar .....

I dont expect any new Downloads and no Need to backup/restore, but I like to Keep what I have in the pre3 & touchpad in the future..

thanks!
    kanda
    Quote Originally Posted by kanda3 View Post
    hi experts

can someone tell me if the existing Memo enties( created with Default account of "HP webOS account") will have any Trouble after 15 jan 2015, if I do nothing ?

also the calendar entries made with the same account ? i.e I have past and future entries on the caledar .....

I dont expect any new Downloads and no Need to backup/restore, but I like to Keep what I have in the pre3 & touchpad in the future..

thanks!
    kanda
    I believe HP will destroy all of the Palm Profile backups, in the time between Jan 15th and 31st
    I believe HP will destroy all of the Palm Profile backups, in the time between Jan 15th and 31st
    so allmy past/future entries will be lost you mean ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Ya know what - it *almost* opened on my Pre2.. I was amazed that it opened the Spotify app, but it didn't open the playlist.
    OT: A while back, Spotify was supposed to be free (with some limitations) on mobile. I loaded it on to the phone and opened it - that was when I remembered the problem with it I had previously on the old phone.

The login page keeps 're-presenting' itself, so you have no time to enter the data! On the Pre2, after much perseverance, I did manage to login. I usuallly listen to music at home rather than out and about, so I didn't bother with a subscription, but one time there was a free trial weekend and it worked fine. It's also OK for playing your local MP3's in the car.

Anyhow, the 'free on mobile' upgrade didn't make it to this app I guess, although I suspect the app is still perfectly capable of streaming from Spotify...

I'll see if I can find a dedicated thread as it might be an easy little project for someone to fix the 'first use login' problem and possibly set it to get the service other mobile users are getting.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    hi experts

thanks!
    kanda
    Memos on the phone itself should be OK.

There is a way to email yourself a text file of the memos though, if you'd like to send yourself a quick little backup.

I've done it, but atm i forget how. But it's in here, Google it if someone doesn't chime in.
    hi experts

thanks!
    kanda
    It seems when you open a memo in the stock application, the app menu offers the option to email the memo. You could send it to yourself.

Personally, I prefer Classic Note, which is here:
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...ck.classicnote
    Thread: ClassicNote

This offers more options and that includes exporting all notes to a text/CSV file. You can then copy that file to your computer over the USB cable.

To transfer your notes to that application, simply copy and paste. If you have a lot of memos, it could be a boring process. Maybe the emailing would be quicker.

You should move any calendar entries in the HP/Palm webOS profile account to another service - most people use google calendar. You shouldn't lose anything when the servers shutdown next year, but it will no longer be backed up, so it is wise to prepare your own back ups.
    WebOS Survival Kit - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/23/2014 at 05:57 AM.