Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree83Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Hmm, I could ask HP to put some link to here.
    Would this be a good URL to use: webOS Forums at webOS Nation or what.
    Last week I asked HP management to undo the decision of shutting down the services on January 15th.
    Perhaps someone listened - perhaps this was in the plan anyhow
    Perhaps you could ask LG to put smartwatch webOS on a hw-keyboard 4" slider device
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Perhaps you could ask LG to put smartwatch webOS on a hw-keyboard 4" slider device
    Great idea ! - but I have no good linkage into LG ..
    Reminder: webOS Cloud Services to end soon

NEW: There will be a short extension period for cloud services support of webOS devices.

As previously announced, cloud services support for webOS devices was to end on January 15, 2015. To assist customers in transitioning in new services, we have decided to extend the shutdown date by two months. The new end date is March 15, 2015

We appreciate our customers’ loyalty to the webOS platform. But now, more than three (3) years after the last device was sold, only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting. Therefore, the time has come to shut down the services.

All devices running webOS will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:

Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
    Backup or restore devices from the cloud
    Setup new devices
    Recover lost passwords

What this means to you:

The HP App Catalog no longer supports new app purchases as of November 1, 2014.
    Updates may have been posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
    You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on March 15, 2015
    You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of March 15, 2015.

There will be additional reminders as the new date for final shutdown approaches. An FAQ can be found at https://developer.palm.com/content/r...velop/faq.html

Timeline

10/15/14 Announcement to users and developers COMPLETE
    11/1/14 New app purchases end COMPLETE
    11/10/14 App update submissions end
    3/15/15 Public shutdown of services

HP webOS Cloud Services
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Got an email today. Looks like we've got an extension to the shutdown.
    Code:
    Reminder: webOS Cloud Services to end soon

NEW: There will be a short extension period for cloud services support of webOS devices.

As previously announced, cloud services support for webOS devices was to end on January 15, 2015. To assist customers in transitioning in new services, we have decided to extend the shutdown date by two months. The new end date is March 15, 2015

We appreciate our customers’ loyalty to the webOS platform. But now, more than three (3) years after the last device was sold, only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting. Therefore, the time has come to shut down the services.

All devices running webOS will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:

Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
        Backup or restore devices from the cloud
        Setup new devices
        Recover lost passwords

What this means to you:

The HP App Catalog no longer supports new app purchases as of November 1, 2014.
        Updates may have been posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
        You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on March 15, 2015
        You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of March 15, 2015.

There will be additional reminders as the new date for final shutdown approaches. An FAQ can be found at https://developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/faq.html

Timeline
        10/15/14          Announcement to users and developers COMPLETE
        11/1/14            New app purchases end COMPLETE
        11/10/14          App update submissions end
        3/15/15            Public shutdown of services
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Yes, me too. The new date is March 15, 2015
    wonder what that's about? maybe so LG can set up their servers to take over
    Honestly, I can hear the voice of my last DC Mgr saying something like, "what? That webOS $h!t? Dude I'm too busy. Two months." And that's that.

Accounting was able to close up on time when they shut down the paid apps and that's all the suits care about, keeping the bean counters in compliance happy. The geeks downstairs will get to it when the urgency increases significantly, or they actually get caught up.

This is speculation only based on experience with the culture. AKA sounds most likely to me, but of course I'm adding sarcasm for fun with the discussion. We'll never know so my imagination fills in the blanks and then I can accept it. Because it still all kinda bites.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    vgg and joshua764 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by homer14z View Post
    wonder what that's about? maybe so LG can set up their servers to take over
    Extremely wishful thinking, I'm sure.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789