Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Btw, noticed that some apps wont start with "com." hence the nodeletepatch wont stop them from deletion. For instance, the BHomePro UPnP app starts with "de." and some others with "org.". Could I just edit the last line of the patch file so that i also contains ;de.;org.;?
    Not sure what nodeletepatch you are talking about?
    I have this
    Code:
    Name: Disable Remove Source IPK After Package Installation
    Version: 3.0.5-1
    Author: GMMan
    It inserts only this one line - nothing else:
    Code:
    AppInstallerCleaner=0
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Not sure what nodeletepatch you are talking about?
    I have this
    Code:
    Name: Disable Remove Source IPK After Package Installation
    Version: 3.0.5-1
    Author: GMMan
    It inserts only this one line - nothing else:
    Code:
    AppInstallerCleaner=0
    Sorry my bad, I could only see apps starting with "com." when checking Internalz but I noticed its something wrong with the scrolling,maybe it doesnt like the number of files I have in that folder.

If I scroll to the bottom of the folder and try to scroll even further and without releasing my finger I can see more folders but as soon as I release the finger it bumps back and they vanish, hence why I was missing some apps.

Also realised I was looking for the .ipk in media/cryptofs/tmp instead media/internal/downloads

Shall I remove the folders from media/cryptofs/tmp or will they get deted by the system later on or are they needed so I should not touch?

Last edited by Andreas; 11/01/2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Shall I remove the folders from media/cryptofs/tmp or will they get deted by the system later on or are they needed so I should not touch?
    I removed all the dirs in media/cryptofs/tmp several times on several devices (to save space).
    You need to know how to .. ( see the original discussion about the nodeleteipk patch ) - the linux command rm ... is dangerous if you are not in the correct folder media/cryptofs/tmp.

Sorry - I have too little webos knowledge to give better advice - but removing these dirs did not hurt my devices.

However now that we have reached 1. Nov. and you can no longer buy apps at HP appcatalog the nodeleteipk patch is not really useful anymore. I assume all free apps will become available for download somewhere else for ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    Do makesure to read through these thoroughly, before attempting.

Swap your Palm Profile between multiple webOS 2.x phones (homebrew) | webOS Nation
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals
    Impostah
    Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)

Still the only reason I still need an HP Profile, is only the app catalog
    Thanks for the good pointers!! I tried to understand these and then I did switch phone devices on my webos account.
    My daily driver device1 is a Pre3 and I disabled it from the webos account.
    Then I enabled a device2 Pre2 for that same webos account. ( I needed to use Impostah to activate the webos account , because I had no SIM card to activate the device. ) I manually download a number of apps - because there was no automated download of all existing apps in that account.
    Then I did the same step with another device3 Veer and did similar as above.
    In the end I switched back to the device1 Pre3 and activated it via Impostah. All activations were confirmed as verified and I verified the respective device was visible in the HP webpage (https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...ge.xhtml?rvn=1 )
    After switching back to the device1 Pre3 I also did a quick "Backup Now" and this completed ok.

=> BUT strange ~ about 1.5h later when the Pre3 was sitting on my table (without Wifi and without phone radio connection) all of a sudden the Pre3 did a deep long reboot and when it came back I found that it was "wiped out".
    Strange - for some unknown reason - there must have been a "wipe out" instruction coming from somewhere.

It took me many hours to recover. I did a full erase as there was almost nothing left (even my own-written apps were gone). This did trigger a reinstall of all apps I had in my webos account. (I like this) - but it needed several reboots (hard reboots - taking out the battery) and some media/cryptofs/tmp cleanups to recover after many hours. I still install my set of helpful Preware apps and patches ( I want some auto-install my favorite Preware apps/patches).
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    I removed all the dirs in media/cryptofs/tmp several times on several devices (to save space).
    You need to know how to .. ( see the original discussion about the nodeleteipk patch ) - the linux command rm ... is dangerous if you are not in the correct folder media/cryptofs/tmp.

Sorry - I have too little webos knowledge to give better advice - but removing these dirs did not hurt my devices.

However now that we have reached 1. Nov. and you can no longer buy apps at HP appcatalog, the nodeleteipk patch is not really useful anymore. I assume all free apps will become available for download somewhere else for ever.
    Even though I couldnt purchase any more apps at least I was able to re-download previously purchased apps, always good to have a backup incase the device needs to to see the Dr.webOS.

I used Internalz Pro to delete the tmp folder, hope that was ok?

Thanks for your help. its always a bit nervous to try a venture into things I dont really understand properly.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I used Internalz Pro to delete the tmp folder, hope that was ok?
    It should be fine to use Internalz Pro to delete the folders in the tmp folder. But I hope you did not delete the tmp folder itself - the tmp folder will still be needed and I'm not sure if it will be recreated automatically.
    Remy X likes this.
    Maybe I have missed this new announcement in HP App Catalog before but at 20.42 was this "old one"

at 21.25 this new one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Maybe I have missed this new announcement in HP App Catalog before but at 20.42 was this "old one"
    Click to view quoted image

at 21.25 this new one
    Click to view quoted image
    I never got the announcement in the HP App Catalog. I did make a purchance september 6th though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShqTth View Post
    I never got the announcement in the HP App Catalog. I did make a purchance september 6th though.
    I'm based in the UK and I have the old App Catalogue displayed. Needed to delete and restore everything to get it working again after Google/CalDav caused many issues.

I have installed the Nodelete patch and most apps I had have downloaded again except my previously paid for ones!

I cannot access the Preferences & Accounts section of the app catalogue so am unable to find out which location is stored. When I try downloading my previously paid for apps error code: LOC04005 is displayed which I assume is a location error?

Any ideas - I'm running out of time?
    What this means to you:
    - The HP App Catalog will stop supporting new app purchases on November 1, 2014
    - Updates may be posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
    - You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on January 15, 2015
    - You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of January 15, 2015
    Considering that I know that there was an update to AquaVenture that was submitten way before November 10th that has yet to enter my Catalog...I'm pretty sure that no updates will appear in the next two weeks. It might be just me, but why ask for developers to update their app (one last time) if you (HP) either can't or won't handle it (because no one oversees the shop anymore?)...?
    Has the date been revised to March?

I just got an reminder email from HP and it said this:

Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Just arrived here as well!
    got that too:

Reminder: webOS Cloud Services to end soon

NEW: There will be a short extension period for cloud services support of webOS devices.

As previously announced, cloud services support for webOS devices was to end on January 15, 2015. To assist customers in transitioning in new services, we have decided to extend the shutdown date by two months. The new end date is March 15, 2015

We appreciate our customers’ loyalty to the webOS platform. But now, more than three (3) years after the last device was sold, only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting. Therefore, the time has come to shut down the services.

All devices running webOS will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:

Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
    Backup or restore devices from the cloud
    Setup new devices
    Recover lost passwords

What this means to you:

The HP App Catalog no longer supports new app purchases as of November 1, 2014.
    Updates may have been posted by developers until November 10, 2014 and users can download any available updates until the services shut down
    You should make arrangements to backup or transfer your contacts, etc.prior to the service shutdown on March 15, 2015
    You will no longer be able to backup, restore, reset or initialize a webOS device as of March 15, 2015.

There will be additional reminders as the new date for final shutdown approaches. An FAQ can be found at https://developer.palm.com/content/r...velop/faq.html

Timeline

10/15/14 Announcement to users and developers COMPLETE
    11/1/14 New app purchases end COMPLETE
    11/10/14 App update submissions end
    3/15/15 Public shutdown of services

HP webOS Cloud Services
    as usual, got nothing instead
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    as usual, got nothing instead
    i think it goes out to previously reggistered webos developers
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    got that too:
    HP postponing the shutdown of webOS servers to march 15, 2015. Reminder e-mail received this evening in Paris (France).
    Hey! Good News!

I'm not going to relax. I hope HP are being extra nice to us.... But it might be an admin error!
    If they really cared, they would direct people here for help, instead of just saying "after this date, you will no longer be able to do these things"
    monday206am likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hey! Good News!

I'm not going to relax. I hope HP are being extra nice to us.... But it might be an admin error!
    Last week I asked HP management to undo the decision of shutting down the services on January 15th.
    Perhaps someone listened - perhaps this was in the plan anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If they really cared, they would direct people here for help, instead of just saying "after this date, you will no longer be able to do these things"
    Hmm, I could ask HP to put some link to here.
    Would this be a good URL to use: webOS Forums at webOS Nation or what.
    gizmo21 likes this.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast