Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Thank you Remy.

I was aware of the first two options, but surprised that neither Preware or Software Manager have a print option. They don't even have an Edit, Select, Copy function :-( I can Print Screen, but will end up with multiplle .jpgs; functional but less than ideal.

Was not aware of the third option, but agree that it will be the least informational for cross checking app versions, etc.

Very unusual that this functionality isn't available.

Thank for your reply.
    Turns out that the fourth option is using Impostah, but still no print
    Great thanks to all who have posted survival tips and to all those creating paths forward. Because of all of you, I now have my Veer apps backed up and a repository of IPK files. That part is all good. Unfortunately, my TP died a horrible death a few months ago (spouse borrowed, left on top of the car and watched it fly off into the scrub brush at 65MPH). Any suggestions for how I can get to my tablet only apps in the catalog and create the same kind of backups? I saw something about getting to the catalog via Chrome or maybe via Impostah but I'm an ***** and would appreciate some gentle nudge in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post

patch:
    + ipk's are stored on /media/interal so they can be easily copied to a computer.
    + ipk's are in their original state; so reinstalling them should always work.
    + it's fast and easy
    - you need to clean up the /media/cryptofs/tmp folder (empty it) because installation temp-files are not removed when the patch is installed.
    Question:
    Can I really just clean this directory (/media/cryptofs/tmp) or are there files worth saving also in there?

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Question:
    Can I really just clean this directory (/media/cryptofs/tmp) or are there files worth saving also in there?

Regards,
    UW
    When the directory is empty before you start donloading, then yes.
    If you check fter every download whether you did get the ipk, ghen you can clean this up
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    When the directory is empty before you start donloading, then yes.
    If you check fter every download whether you did get the ipk, ghen you can clean this up
    Well, I read about this dir only after I went ahead and downloaded my stuff - but all the directories there match my purchased apps, so I think I'm ok.

Thanks

UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Question:
    Yes, I successfully applied this procedure with installing this nodelete patch before.
    It was quite an experience:
    1. I used a TP GO device and I did impostah it to pretend it to be a TouchPad device.
    2. I wanted to connect to an existing profile (which has all my favorite 100+ apps) - it finally worked.
    3. But then I wanted to get all favorite apps installed on the TP GO - all the same 100+ apps that I have on another TP in this profile. I could not get this working until I decided to delete the existing profile from the TP GO and then after long reboot all installed apps were wiped out and I was offered the choice to select one of the existing devices in my profile to use as a source for all the apps (and data) I want to have installed. It did select the one TP device that already has all the favorite 100+ apps.
    4. My TP GO started working (connected to Wifi) and it identified the many (100+) apps and it downloaded all ( I assume). I later found all these IPKs in the ~/downloads folder.
    5. But the icons of most apps indicated that they were not yet installed really. I did reboot the TP GO device and many app icons disappeared. Also I did no longer see the HP appcatalog app and other default apps like Photos and more. Also - sure my beloved Preware and homebrew tools were gone. And I could not install anything with WOSQI.
    6. I used WOSQI command line and I went into /media/cryptofs/tmp and found it full of tmp folders. I did the magic "remove all" command and cleaned the tmp folder. Also I removed the downloadhistory.db in /var/..
    7. After a next reboot the TP GO was in a better shape. Default icons were back - including the app catalog.
    Well - then I installed my favorite Preware/homebrew app with WOSQI again.
    8. I tried installing some of the saved IPKs and that worked just fine. Also the app catalog worked and I downloaded few more apps for some little money.

=> Overall - it was big success.
    - but I needed to use some commandline to recover
    - but I needed to delete my profile in order to "import/copy" the many apps from one device in my profile. == This above step (3) I hated the most as it killed all my favorite installed tools.
    ==> I'd like to know a better way to start this cloning apps procedure from another device on the same profile"

=> Not sure yet - if and how many app IPKs will also work on other webos devices (TP, Pre3, Veer, Pre2, PrePlus)

Can I assume that IPKs with the same filename from different webos devices are really the same files?
    I wonder if I can copy all IPKs from all devices into one big folder on my PC or if I better keep folders per device type?
    Last edited by MartinH@webos; 10/23/2014 at 05:41 PM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Correct.

Yes on everything.

You can leave the spare phone on the activation screen if you don't want to create a placeholder profile for it after you log out. I think you can use the devmode "bypass activation" for before patching, and after you patch, you can log in and "borrow" the profile of the other phone.
    Thanks! See above - I managed this procedure using a "spare TP GO" (indentifying itself as a regular TP Wifi) and which was already in dev-mode and I had the nodelete patch installed.

Now, I'd like to repeat the procedure with a brand new TP device (I just loaded the battery for 24h; the battery was almost dead after 3 years). How do I enable dev-mode on a new TP device before entering any profile? On new phone devices you can type in some code to bypass activation. But how to do for TP ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Thanks! See above - I managed this procedure using a "spare TP GO" (indentifying itself as a regular TP Wifi) and which was already in dev-mode and I had the nodelete patch installed.

Now, I'd like to repeat the procedure with a brand new TP device (I just loaded the battery for 24h; the battery was almost dead after 3 years). How do I enable dev-mode on a new TP device before entering any profile? On new phone devices you can type in some code to bypass activation. But how to do for TP ?
    I think you'll need devicetool.jar and a computer to do this...

Please have a look at this guide, and just scroll down until you see a black command prompt window... that's the relevant part. HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation
    I think you'll need devicetool.jar and a computer to do this...

Please have a look at this guide, and just scroll down until you see a black command prompt window... that's the relevant part. HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation
    THanks!
    I found the tool here:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ce.html#c21702

But it seems to require the SDK installed - which I don't have after new Win7 disc.
    java -jar devicetool.jar
    Found device: topaz-bootie
    Error: missing resource images/nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage
    I can't find the TP SDK on the HP site ...
    Well, if you have a spare device, you can put your "daily driver" in Airplane mode and turn off WiFi, then with a patched spare device, log into your profile and the apps will pour in. Collect the apps and Log out!!!!!
    Well this worked fine with my TP GO device.
    Now I want to repeat the same with a new Pre2 device. I enabled dev mode and installed the nodelete patch; but how to connect to my profile now? After Pre2 reboot is asks me to insert a SIM.-card - but I don't want to activate this Pre2 device with a SIM card. I just want to login to my webos profile (and install all my apps). How can I bepass the "insert a SIM card" step?
    (Also next year HP might no longer recieve the initial SMS for new devices and then we need to be able to bypass this step.)
    At the insert sim screen start typing #*3386633# tap send. It might lag a bit at first but it will wake up and you'll see the dialer. You'll then need to enable dev mode and restart. Then instal impostah. Should get you going.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Remy X and MartinH@webos like this.
    THanks!
    I found the tool here:
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...ce.html#c21702

But it seems to require the SDK installed - which I don't have after new Win7 disc.

I can't find the TP SDK on the HP site ...
    Please read:

DeviceTool.Jar...

You'll need a correct Doctor image for your devicetool...
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Well this worked fine with my TP GO device.
    Now I want to repeat the same with a new Pre2 device. I enabled dev mode and installed the nodelete patch; but how to connect to my profile now? After Pre2 reboot is asks me to insert a SIM.-card - but I don't want to activate this Pre2 device with a SIM card. I just want to login to my webos profile (and install all my apps). How can I bepass the "insert a SIM card" step?
    (Also next year HP might no longer recieve the initial SMS for new devices and then we need to be able to bypass this step.)
    Do makesure to read through these thoroughly, before attempting.

Swap your Palm Profile between multiple webOS 2.x phones (homebrew) | webOS Nation
    StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals
    Impostah
    Global Paid App Catalog Access for new unlocked GSM Pre 2/Pre 3/Veer (using Impostah)

Still the only reason I still need an HP Profile, is only the app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Here's a quick "what to do" article on pivotCE. HP to Shut Down Catalog and Cloud Services | pivotCE

DO NOT PANIC We knew this day was coming.
    Having trouble with following pivot procedure (7 yrs since I've been on command line!)

downloaded latest wosqi. made .net change in my windows 7 host file. used wosqi to update preware on my pre3.
    -installed Save/Restore on pre3 and backed up my apps.
    -put pre3 in developer mode and connected with usb cable to pc in just charge mode
    -downloaded IPK Packager on windows pc
    -brought up wosqi linux commandline
    --appear to be "remshell" connected to pre3
    -- ls
    Settings etc lost+found opt tmp
    bin file: md5sums.gz proc usr
    boot home media sbin var
    dev lib mnt sys
    - Am I suppose to copy all the directories of /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info onto my windows pc? If so, what are the correct options?
    -Then I run IPK Packager on those files residing on my pc?
    -or am I suppose to just copy those files to another location on the pre3 and run IPK Packager there?
    -- I have run IPK Packager it and see no remote provision to my pre3

Assuming I get past the above:

-uninstall all my apps on pre3
    -follow the 7 steps here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
    -re-install all my apps
    -put phone in usb mode and delete ipk files in the downloads folder
    -take phone out of usb mode
    -restore all apps backed up with Save/Restore

thanks for any assistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    It was going to happen sooner or later. At least we have a date now. :/
    I've been trying to purchase some apps since about 11:30 EDT without success. Free downloads have been working, but it seems that the online purchase backend may have been shut down early.

Can anyone confirm this? Or should I keep trying?

BTW, does anyone know if the shutdown was supposed to be at midnight EDT or PDT?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    It was GMT for me... :-(

Tried changing my system time - no go.
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Missed out on buying some apps last night since the store was closed already.

Now ive been able to download all installed apps for my Touchpad (nodeletepatch installed) and ended up with lots of .ipk_tmpdir folders that ive backed up to my computer.

Just curious how to re-install these since they are folders and not a .ipk that simply install with WOSQI?

Btw, will the nodeletepatch work for my Pre3 too or just on 3.x webOS?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Missed out on buying some apps last night since the store was closed already.

Now ive been able to download all installed apps for my Touchpad (nodeletepatch installed) and ended up with lots of .ipk_tmpdir folders that ive backed up to my computer.

Just curious how to re-install these since they are folders and not a .ipk that simply install with WOSQI?

Btw, will the nodeletepatch work for my Pre3 too or just on 3.x webOS?
    All you should have in the Downloads folder is the ipk's. The patch will work on the Pre3 as well, I use it there and on my TouchPad.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    All you should have in the Downloads folder is the ipk's. The patch will work on the Pre3 as well, I use it there and on my TouchPad.
    Hope im checking the correct folder?
    /media/cryptofs/tmp/

In this I end up with folders named like:
    com.gameloft.app.asphalt6_1.0.2_all.ipk_tmpdir

Is it just a matter of renaming them to .ipk by removing the _tmpdir at the end of the filename or have I done something wrong?

Btw, noticed that some apps wont start with "com." hence the nodeletepatch wont stop them from deletion. For instance, the BHomePro UPnP app starts with "de." and some others with "org.". Could I just edit the last line of the patch file so that i also contains ;de.;org.;?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Hope im checking the correct folder?
    /media/cryptofs/tmp/

In this I end up with folders named like:
    com.gameloft.app.asphalt6_1.0.2_all.ipk_tmpdir

Is it just a matter of renaming them to .ipk by removing the _tmpdir at the end of the filename or have I done something wrong?
    Wrong.
    Please go to /media/internal/downloads to find all ipks.
    You can clean up the /media/cryptofs/tmp/* - if you know how to ..
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast