• 1 Post By frank-barnett
  • 2 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 2 Post By webohyes
  • 1 Post By cbosdell
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By morganm
  1.    #1  
    I saw this thread on iMore, iOS 8 is a copy of the Blackberry OS. - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com and and these people think that blackberry came up with the cards first! I put them in their place though
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Perhaps the question should be not whether they 'remember' ~ but whether they ever even 'came across' webOS in the first place?

Good on Ya though!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Just rekindling my desire to kick Leo A in the nutz....
    geekpeter, boovish and rboerger like this.
    hey, at least they remember blackberry!
    Preemptive likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    hey, at least they remember blackberry!
    BlackBerry has been around since the late 90s
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    eblade and TJs11thPre like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Just rekindling my desire to kick Leo A in the nutz....
    You can't do - he's proved conclusively he has no balls!
    Remy X and TJs11thPre like this.
    I think it's flattering that years later even though they've imitated some of the things that made webOS great no one has come close to getting it as right as webOS has.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    I think it's flattering that years later even though they've imitated some of the things that made webOS great no one has come close to getting it as right as webOS has.
    X2.

Im surprised no one has made a comprehensive skin for android that completely rips off webOS. I have the one that's available, and it's only a mask at best.

I was helping a friend "move in" to a Pre2 im loaning her while she sends her new sony z1 compact back for warranty (charging indicators persist when unplugged) and I'm explaining the simple way to do things like highlight or edit text. I'm waiting to see how she feels about switching back once the repair is done.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I was helping a friend "move in" to a Pre2 im loaning her while she sends her new sony z1 compact back for warranty (charging indicators persist when unplugged) and I'm explaining the simple way to do things like highlight or edit text. I'm waiting to see how she feels about switching back once the repair is done.
    That will be good to hear what she says.
    Sometimes I'm surprised with the 'Ambassadors' on some sites and how rude/defensive they can be. Discussions like that make you feel for the people like Galileo when he was trying to prove the earth wasn't the center of the galaxy. It's an obvious fact, but even when faced with facts, the mindsets of some will still call you a liar and fool for believing not everything revolves around it even though it's the only thing you know. <sigh>

There have been a million discussions on who invented the card interface, but it's first commercial introduction in a mobile OS was with the introduction of webOS in 2009. That interface was what had the media 'oooh-ing' and 'ahh-ing' at every show, review, and in all news coverage.

How quickly they forget. It's like this new generation claiming that digital music was invented by iTunes. It's all they've ever known and have never heard of/seen a DAT player.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/02/2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typo
    I spent this week trying to figure out if I can possibly deal with switching to Android. Bought a NEC Terrain, which hardware-wise is pretty cool. Basically a larger Pixi with 640x480 Gorilla Glass and waterproofed.

But Android is just too much for me. The app switching is ludicrous, and swiping apps out of it doesn't really quit them anyway. There are literally tutorials on 'how to quit an app in android'. It's a horrific scene. But I need a keyboard and Apple doesn't think I need one, and I'm not jumping ship into another failing platform like Blackberry.

The only things that I'd have gotten out of it would have been 4G speed, iHeartRadio and a better camera. I'd have lost decent app switching, ability to just quit apps, wireless charging, etc.

So as of today I went back to the Pixi, installed GuttenPodder, and decided to ride it into the sunset.

I have a backup as well which I'd totally use, but will there be any way to get the mainstream apps saved locally to set up another Pixi after January? I use Tunein and Slacker a lot.
    Saijin_Naib likes this.