Quote Originally Posted by telespielstube View Post
    xdnN29Q.jpg
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Remy X likes this.
    So how did it get snatched? They forgot to renew
    Normally you get a reminder a number of times before a domain expires. What I understood that didn't happen this time, hence it didn't get renewed and snatched. Could it have been prevented: Probably, but then again that's always easy in hindsight.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Normally you get a reminder a number of times before a domain expires. What I understood that didn't happen this time, hence it didn't get renewed and snatched. Could it have been prevented: Probably, but then again that's always easy in hindsight.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah. Things happen and we move on
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    All we really know from Rod is this:

"..The people who administer the domain all have very busy lives, and the expiry emails that were supposedly sent from the domain registrar did not reach them.."
    and
    "..someone unrelated to webOS had it on back-order and intend to use it for a completely different purpose.."

How or why the expiry emails 'did not reach them' remains unclear.. but that is what Backup plans exist for.

All good!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    All we really know from Rod is this:

"..The people who administer the domain all have very busy lives, and the expiry emails that were supposedly sent from the domain registrar did not reach them.."
    and
    "..someone unrelated to webOS had it on back-order and intend to use it for a completely different purpose.."

How or why the expiry emails 'did not reach them' remains unclear.. but that is what Backup plans exist for.

All good!

It could be the expiry mails did not reach them due to the e-mails ending up e-mail spam folder by mistake. I have had that happen before with some important e-mails that only get sent very rarely....especially if the renewal was set up on a 3 year cycle or something.
    Well, you can flood the site with comments since it has wordpress installed on it and comments section but I don't think that will do any good.
    Maybe it's time for plan C...something like http://weboware.org since webware.org/.net are taken already and webware.com is redirect to cnet.
    Plan C for what? Preware.net solves the problem.
    Plan for domain name
    A=preware.org
    B=preware.net
    C= fooware

Since we don't have A C becomes B and so on.
    Anyone have access to a botnet?
    Remy X likes this.