1.    #1  
    My Pre3 has stopped playing sounds, I found a reply here Pre 3 stopped playing audio that seems to nail down the problem, but I don't understand the solution:
    "Had no time to investigate further, simply fixed "/etc/event.d/mediaserver" for now, removing the dreaded "--gst-debug=1" option and relaunching the service ("start mediaserver")."
    How do I remove the "--gst-debug=1" option? I can't listen to music, ringtones and alerts aren't working.
    TIA
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    You just edit /etc/event.d/mediaserver file and remove "--gst-debug=1" text. Having said that, vi editor, that you can use via novaterm with no additional installs, has its quirks... Step-by-step:
    Code:
    cp /etc/event.d/mediaserver /media/internal/mediaserver
    vi /etc/event.d/mediaserver
    will make copy just-in-case and open the file; enter
    Code:
    /--gst-debug
    and press enter -- "/" means "search". You should be on first dash. Press x a few times to delete all "--gst-debug=1". Then enter ZZ (capital!) -- you'll be back to shell prompt.
    Code:
    stop mediaserver
    start mediaserver
    to restart and you should be done.

disclaimer: I don't know the mediaserver problem, this is just instruction how to get this script change done.
  3.    #3  
    That worked! I now can hear my ringtones and music again!
    Thanks to this forum and it's contributors!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.