1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I have my old verizon pre+ that id like to use again if I can get it on 2.1

I installed linux and tried to run the commands on the tutorial on webosinternals but a lot of the install commands for git and java etc return in errors

are the files even still available?

any ideas?

-chase
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I believe you may have to install java from another source. I used Ubuntu in Virtualbox to run the WebOS Internals scripts so I was able to install Java from their app store and ignore the broken commands for the git java. After that every thing went pretty smooth. Once the doctor is built it automatically starts. So if your running your doctor inside a virtual machine just stop it and copy the jar file to your "real" OS. That way the doctor install won't hang when the device name changes on the usb port from "Palm Bootie" to "Pre whatever" on some virtual machines the usb device has to be manually re-selected after a name change. Good Luck.
    Last edited by namgod; 08/14/2014 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I missed the whole point...
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    I believe you may have to install java from another source. I used Ubuntu in Virtualbox to run the WebOS Internals scripts so I was able to install Java from their app store and ignore the broken commands for the git java. After that every thing went pretty smooth. Once the doctor is built it automatically starts. So if your running your doctor inside a virtual machine just stop it and copy the jar file to your "real" OS. That way the doctor install won't hang when the device name changes on the usb port from "Palm Bootie" to "Pre whatever" on some virtual machines the usb device has to be manually re-selected after a name change. Good Luck.
    interesting Ill give that a shot

one thing though was on the webosinternals tutorial there are links for the required sdk/novacom files and all three of those links are dead

are those rendered moot if i got the to commands work?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I don't know if you need novacom to build the doctor but you will need it to install the doctor on your device. I use the universal novacom installer.

[url]https://code.google.com/p/universal-novacom-installer/downloads/list[/url

I could be wrong, novacom may well be built into the doctor (I've read where the novacom driver was extracted from a doctor jar file)
    Last edited by namgod; 08/15/2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    I don't know if you need novacom to build the doctor but you will need it to install the doctor on your device. I use the universal novacom installer.

[url]https://code.google.com/p/universal-novacom-installer/downloads/list[/url

I could be wrong, novacom may well be built into the doctor (I've read where the novacom driver was extracted from a doctor jar file)
    got it, thanks!