Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Yes, except sometimes I don't get certain calls and texts
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    ctrIU, I'm like you, every time I make a mistake dialing numbers and clear the whole thing with a back swipe I giggle
    I recently just moved over to a Pre2 after more than 4 years on a Pre Plus running 1.4.5, so yes I'm still quite good with WebOS.

The Pre2 makes a world of difference for me. After getting through an initial battery drain problem by doctoring and/or a few charge cycles, all is quite good and I very much appreciate the snappier performance.

In terms of apps, the only thing I miss is a nice one to play FLAC files. I purchased Music Remix, only to learn that it won't play FLAC on 2.1.0 -- whoops! I know about Audiophile but not in love with its interface and seems buggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    I recently just moved over to a Pre2 after more than 4 years on a Pre Plus running 1.4.5, so yes I'm still quite good with WebOS.

The Pre2 makes a world of difference for me. After getting through an initial battery drain problem by doctoring and/or a few charge cycles, all is quite good and I very much appreciate the snappier performance.

In terms of apps, the only thing I miss is a nice one to play FLAC files. I purchased Music Remix, only to learn that it won't play FLAC on 2.1.0 -- whoops! I know about Audiophile but not in love with its interface and seems buggy.
    Have you tried KalemSoft media player. It plays some files others can't
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Have you tried KalemSoft media player. It plays some files others can't
    Laingman, thanks for this tip! Just installed it from preware and it does appear to play my flac files.
    Quote Originally Posted by jclin4 View Post
    Laingman, thanks for this tip! Just installed it from preware and it does appear to play my flac files.
    that an old player or up to date from KalemSoft - Media Player for WebOS
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yeah webos still satisfy needs, but probly I don't have as many needs as most.
    Same here. I just need to internet for price comparison shopping. Calendar and email. Music & games is nice to have when I'm stuck somewhere.
    Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My wife and I moved from webOS (we were using Pre-) to Android on a GNex. The main problem we had with the Pre- was battery life, and ordering new batteries didn't fix the problem because even those were manufactured at the same time and only charged to about 85%. I was intending to FrankenPre, so I bought a Pre2, but then we switched phones and carriers, so I still have a Pre2 unused in the drawer. I also got a Pre3 as a backup phone, but without 4G I think it would be way too slow.

Ironically, as our contract is about to expire, the only real problem we have with the GNex is battery life. I guess you can't win! But I still miss webOS as a daily driver, and use my Touchpad at home (both webOS and Android).
    Quote Originally Posted by nawadley View Post
    My wife and I moved from webOS (we were using Pre-) to Android on a GNex. The main problem we had with the Pre- was battery life, and ordering new batteries didn't fix the problem because even those were manufactured at the same time and only charged to about 85%. I was intending to FrankenPre, so I bought a Pre2, but then we switched phones and carriers, so I still have a Pre2 unused in the drawer. I also got a Pre3 as a backup phone, but without 4G I think it would be way too slow.

Ironically, as our contract is about to expire, the only real problem we have with the GNex is battery life. I guess you can't win! But I still miss webOS as a daily driver, and use my Touchpad at home (both webOS and Android).
    My gnex's battery lifetime blows. I'm getting about 5 hours on standby, phone is a little over a year old. At it's best it was getting about 15 hours on standby. Our newly activated Veer is blowing it out of the water, and for that matter, the kid's old Android Gingerbread junk phones they got free from Metro PCS are better. The battery app says that the display is consuming 55% of battery power pretty much all the time.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    For the most part. I still use it regularly to watch movies as I find it far simpler to move files about than my iPad. I prefer using my TP to surf the web but the browser refresh and Flash issues are driving me crazy. I was hoping a new browser would be out by now, but it looks like I am just going to have to wait until Open gets better and install that on one of my TP's to enjoy smoother WebOS goodness unless LG starts making WebOS devices.
    Well, I know I'm dredging up an old thread, but I just switched back to my Pre3 (from a Bold 9900 -- I'm a keyboard lover), and I'm quite satisfied. It's my daily driver. In fact, I'm pretty impressed with the apps I've found in preware and elsewhere. Aside from the built-in apps (like messaging, music, etc.), my most-used apps are (in no particular order):

• Forums
    • Preware
    • GutenPodder
    • AgendaZ
    • Noted! beta (So nice to have Simplenote.com integration)
    • Universe Browser
    • NewsG

I also wouldn't be all that happy without:

• LuneTube
    • Preddit
    • ESPN Scorecenter
    • Data Toggle
    • TouchVol

What still-functioning apps are your favourites? Am I missing good stuff?
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    What still-functioning apps are your favourites? Am I missing good stuff?
    • Keyring
    • wInNeR
    • Voxofon
    • Dash Weather+
    • Google Maps
    • Project Macaw
    • FlightView
    • Internalz Pro
    • LED Torch
    • Count Down Clock
    • XTerm
    • wTerm
    • ShopList
    • AuctionMate for eBay
    • Flixster (although calendar has been broken since webOS 2.x and much more recently the "Movies" list is dead - most likely from an API change - I still just go to the "Theaters" list.)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    • Keyring
    • wInNeR
    • Voxofon
    • Dash Weather+
    • Google Maps
    • Project Macaw
    • FlightView
    • Internalz Pro
    • LED Torch
    • Count Down Clock
    • XTerm
    • wTerm
    • ShopList
    • AuctionMate for eBay
    • Flixster (although calendar has been broken since webOS 2.x and much more recently the "Movies" list is dead - most likely from an API change - I still just go to the "Theaters" list.)
    Nice list! There are several apps I'd never seen before. I'm really liking AuctionMate!
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    It takes a bit to display, but the movie list works for me.
    Shuswap likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It takes a bit to display, but the movie list works for me.
    Thanks for that! It prodded me to peek into Preferences and it turns out that the Movies list fails to load if Ratings is set to "Rotten Tomatoes" but it works with "None" or "Flixster" - Now I've got a Movies list again!
    -I'd 'Thank' your post if I wasn't in the webOS browser ;-)
    Shuswap and Rnp like this.
    Thanks for that! It prodded me to peek into Preferences and it turns out that the Movies list fails to load if Ratings is set to "Rotten Tomatoes" but it works with "None" or "Flixster" - Now I've got a Movies list again!
    -I'd 'Thank' your post if I wasn't in the webOS browser ;-)
    Gosh, use Forums! You're welcome.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I still missing Whatsapp solution in webOS.

To the rest... is "okay" to me...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Well I switched to a Blackberry Passport.

But my Pre3 worked quite decently. I would have needed to doctor it, because it really got slow over the last year and I wanted to install Mode Switcher again. Moreover the non-displaying email problem has my back and sometimes messages were not displayed or no alarm was played. But all in all most stuff is / was still ok, as I used Microsoft Exchange Company Account. And this is the single best Sync solution webOS provides and which never broke.

But now that I have BBOS10 I enjoy having Whatapp again as our Company uses it heavily and Hipchat (sideloaded) for our developers and the superb web-browsing experience is just a whole new dimension compared to the ancient webOS guy

Well but all in all. Except Whatsapp it did /does everything I need it for as I am a heavy work/business user.
    Not really but nothing else available does either so i plod on...
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    In my case, it meets most of my needs, and makes me happy. For the rest, I have a plethora of options at my disposal.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast