Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    After the Second Great Google Sync Disaster of last month, after which I suffered for weeks before finally realizing that I should have stopped by here again to follow up on "The application database is almost full"?, which would have pointed me to Matt's latest Google Sync patch (1.2; thanks, Matt!), I finally got wise to what was going on (battery drain, excessive data use, slow device response).

    After expanding my partition (I previously doctored the phone subsequent to my first resizing, and I suspect that what I'm seeing now is exactly what prompted me to do it last time), the phone seemed to get even worse (though no more warnings about the app database getting full).

    I found that /var/db/main/objects.db had grown to 257MB and indexes.db was 65MB. Attempting to run a purge:

    Code:
    luna-send -a com.palm.configurator -f -n 1 luna://com.palm.db/purge '{}'
    returned almost immediately with:

    Code:
    {
        "errorCode": -3991,
        "errorText": "db: inconsistent index",
        "returnValue": false
    }
    How to reindex?

    Following jl85's post here, I tried compacting the database:

    Code:
    luna-send -a com.palm.configurator -f -n 1 luna://com.palm.db/compact '{}'
    which yielded me the annoying "Lock table is out of available lock entries" message. So, I increased maxLocks from 6000 to 20000 in /etc/palm/mojodb.conf, rebooted, and had another go. Now, I'm able to run compact to completion, and the databases have decreased in size to:

    - indexes.db: 50.3MB
    - object.db: 155MB

    However, I still get the inconsistent indexes error when attempting to purge. I've compacted several times since last evening, too, hoping to rebuild the inconsistent index in the process.

    So, my questions are:

    1. Is there a reference document for db8 to get a full listing of available database management commands (reindex seems invalid, as are a couple others I;ve tried from my 2-3 decades experience working with database engines); and/or
    2. Any suggestions short of doctoring again to correct the inconsistencies in the indexes so that I can get these blasted db's down to reasonable sizes?

    While the phone is behaving better than it was before all of this began this time around, I've lost text alerts entirely (no sound and no icon, and when sending these incoming messages over BT to my TouchPad, the TP sounds like a sick duck).

    I hate having to be an engineer even for my own dumb cell phone. Just once I'd like to be just a plain old user.

    Cheers, gang.
  2. #2  
    I don't know if that inconsistent index is build DB side or by the software. If you are a daredevil, it's a berkley db so perhaps you find some tools to rebuild index.

    GMMan did this with db_recover, but i don't know if that or one of the other tols there link in the zip could help:
    TP needs daily re-boot
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the pointer to that thread!

    You know, my attention is really getting the better of me. I have read that and I've used his db_recover on my TP, I think. I completely forgot (and I also forgot that db8 was really a Berkeley db...D'Oh!).

    Much appreciated!. I'll check this out and post my results.

    Cheers
  4.    #4  
    No difference. In fact, as I already had GMMan's build of db_recover in /media/internal/downloads, it was a relatively simple matter to run it. It did, and returned very quickly. After that, I ran a purge, and got the same "inconsistent indexes" bit.

    I'm done. Headed to reboot to Windows and run the Doctor (I wish I could access that stuff from eComStation, but I've never tried using openJDK for it).

    Thanks again for the thought, gizmo21!
  5.    #5  
    No difference. In fact, as I already had GMMan's build of db_recover in /media/internal/downloads, it was a relatively simple matter to run it. It did, and returned very quickly. After that, I ran a purge, and got the same "inconsistent indexes" bit.

    I'm done. Headed to reboot to Windows and run the Doctor (I wish I could access that stuff from eComStation, but I've never tried using openJDK for it).

    Thanks again for the thought, gizmo21!

Similar Threads

  1. Database error -3962 "db: quota exceeded"
    By bbito in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09/02/2014, 06:15 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/23/2012, 01:02 PM
  3. Weird Snapper Error "Database: already exists (0x0219)"
    By busyba in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/22/2007, 07:24 PM
  4. What is HotSync error: "AppStats Failed Database..."
    By BillPetro in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/29/2004, 08:13 PM
  5. "speed dial database is full" error message
    By morrie in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02/15/2003, 02:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions