Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree38Likes
  • 8 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By geekpeter
  • 6 Post By VxOC
  • 4 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 3 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By 60RH
  • 5 Post By joeytino
  • 4 Post By jrb363
  • 1 Post By Garfonso
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  1.    #1  
    Matias Duarte just posted this on G+ and Twitter. https://plus.google.com/+MatiasDuarte/posts/NxNWAozBSKF

    The post links over to a Tech Block article posted a few days ago: Why do all mobile roads lead back to the Palm Pre?
  2. #2  
    another good read, i wonder if more articles like this keep popping up because all the other OS's are aquiring all webOS has to offer instead of 1 or 2 features.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
  3. VxOC's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #3  
    Just booted up my Pre 3 and still today the phone is fluid and full of innovation. Truly ahead of the game.
  4. #4  
    I love all of my webOS devices, but I wish that companies like google would keep maintaining their servers and such. I changed my password for one of my accounts, now I get unknown error when trying to sign into that account. And my other one works fine. But I still love the design of the TP and Pre3
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I love all of my webOS devices, but I wish that companies like google would keep maintaining their servers and such. I changed my password for one of my accounts, now I get unknown error when trying to sign into that account. And my other one works fine. But I still love the design of the TP and Pre3
    the https patch thats usually floating around the forum fixed those issues for me, i even have 2step verification enabled on my google accounts, set up app/device specific passwords and it still works just fine.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the https patch thats usually floating around the forum fixed those issues for me, i even have 2step verification enabled on my google accounts, set up app/device specific passwords and it still works just fine.
    I know, I installed it, its the illegal token error, not the URL being moved. I just have to wait it out
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
  7. #7  
    Nice article. I should save the link to my phone somehow so i can just txt it to someone when they ask why I'm carrying a fossil rock.

  8. #8  
    Its very nice article no doubt, shows the true innovative ideas of palm and the team who design WebOS and Pre. One tiny curious thought crossed my mind, sometimes someone wonders on the reason of the why, Matias Duarte will post that link on his G+ and Twitter accounts and the reason became more obvious (today from the '14 Google Developer conference) is that he is stealing or borrowing(if you wanna make it sounds a bit nicer) more usability features from Palm's webOS in order to improve hideous ugly design of Google's Android.

    One features from the event today stand out, when Google mentioned notifications in "Android L" :

    " notifications, you can double-tap on one to launch the related app, or wipe away to dismiss. "

    Sounds, something similar ...of course WebOS notifications

    Again proves the old saying once more.....that all rodes leads to rome, or better yet to Palm's WebOS.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, I thought the same thing. There seem to be several "new ideas" in Android L that he brought in from webOS. I have no problem with this as long as he ends up making Android into webOS. For how ugly and clunky Android feels, sometimes it's hard to believe that Duarte was involved in any way with webOS.
    scjjtt and Grabber5.0 like this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Nice article. I should save the link to my phone somehow so i can just txt it to someone when they ask why I'm carrying a fossil rock.

    I thought it was a river rock
    scjjtt and TJs11thPre like this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, I thought the same thing. There seem to be several "new ideas" in Android L that he brought in from webOS. I have no problem with this as long as he ends up making Android into webOS. For how ugly and clunky Android feels, sometimes it's hard to believe that Duarte was involved in any way with webOS.
    I bet if the lords of google would let him, he would do exactly that. But that would also prove the point that WebOS was better all along.
    Last edited by joeytino; 06/26/2014 at 03:42 PM.
  12. jrb363's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I bet if the lords of google would let him, he would do exactly that. But that would also prove the point that WebOS was better all along.
    That's because is WAS better all along!
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by VxOC View Post
    Just booted up my Pre 3 and still today the phone is fluid and full of innovation. Truly ahead of the game.
    I was wondering if you are still recieving support and if all your free and purchased apps still running, web surfing etc Thanks

    The Palm Pre3 stills on sale on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
  14. #14  
    Apps are still running (but not updated, so apps relying on 3rd party apis like dropbox start to fail), surfing the web works good (only issue: certificates are outdated, you sometimes get the question if you want to trust a certificate on random https pages)... but the latter one really is only a matter of clicking "trust" often enough.

    The apps thing is a bit worse and can be inconvenient at times.
    akitayo likes this.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    I bet if the lords of google would let him, he would do exactly that. But that would also prove the point that WebOS was better all along.
    As irritating as it is to point out to others that some of the best features of their latest A-phone was found in webOS years ago...

    ...i also have to support the addition of these features to android. Because unless LG gets off their rump and starts making us some new handsets, we're eventually going to have to go elsewhere.

    But they have a long way to go. As long as i have to use this "app killer" function on my Nex7 several times a day, there's no way I'll buy a new droid phone. I want to throw this thing routinely.

    I do like swipe to type though. Wish my TP had this. Wouldn't write in these forums without either a real keyboard or this swipe.
    scjjtt likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Interview with Matias Duarte - "Mobile is dead"
    By Preemptive in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04/18/2014, 06:16 AM
  2. Matias Duarte
    By dna550 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/15/2011, 11:18 PM
  3. Matias Duarte Does It Again!
    By Kupe in forum Other OS's and Devices
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01/13/2011, 09:09 AM
  4. Palm loses webOS user interface design lead Matias Duarte
    By YankBoy in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05/30/2010, 01:13 PM
  5. Matías Duarte from Palm speaks on WebOS
    By rishio in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06/08/2009, 09:08 AM

Posting Permissions