Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jrb363
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday when I saw Amazon's Fire Phone, it looked familiar and somehow related to webOS... It seems like Fire Phone drew some design language from WindsorNot and Sapphire and mixed them together

FirePhone

WindsorNot

FirePhone

Sapphire
    That were my thoughts as well.... Too bad it runs FireOS and not webOS :'( It's a quite slick phone
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Yes, it is a nice phone. In the old days I was hoping that Amazon picks webOS as an OS for it's services.
    The only thing I see that's cool about this phone is the 3-D display. That's pretty sweet
    Wonder if it will do better than Facebook's feeble attempt.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/19/2014 at 04:28 PM.
    When I saw the teaser on the amazon, I thought, "Oh look are they going to release the WindsorNot?"
    Maybe we could attempt a port, and attempt to add functionality to the 4 3D cameras and make w3bDS
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    In my opinion Amazon really screwed this up. With the hardware and their software developers, they could have really pushed the envelope with webOS and differentiated themselves from the million other "me too" Android manufacturers. With this they're just another player but with webOS they could have been a game changer. I'm pretty disappointed.

Note: I know. Reality is Amazon passed on webOS years ago. Just a few moments of "what if" thinking.
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    James Kendrick just posted a pretty good article about the new Amazon OS. Definitely worth the read!

Fire OS: Better than Android for the masses