Like Tree31Likes
  • 15 Post By bluenote
  • 2 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 11 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By boovish
  • 2 Post By twint7787
  1.    #1  
    Look at the title, what a nice homage.

Author thinks its still the best smartphone, cites its easy uncluttered interface, keyboard, and simple notifications.

"I've Discovered The Best Smartphone Of All Time, And It's From 2011

,,When I opened the HP Pre box, I never expected to fall in love with a phone from several years ago. In fact, I think that I like the Pre more now than I did when I first reviewed it. It doesn’t feel out of place in a modern world, and much of what it does it does better than my Android phone. I miss apps if course, but the core functionality remains solid and that’s pretty impressive for a phone that was introduced so many years ago. There are only a couple of things it can’t do, and it feels as smooth and powerful as anything on the market now. .."

I've Discovered The Best Smartphone Of All Time, And It's From 2011 - Forbes

edit: ps there is a shoutout to webos internals and the homebrew community patches if not by name
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/17/2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Just goes to show that innovation and attention to detail don't go out of style.

webOS is designed in much the same manner Bruno Sacco designed for Mercedes. There was something simple and timeless about the designs that never made them feel stale, despite the age.

I think that speaks to how much care Palm put into making sure every little detail of webOS was created with the user in mind.

And when they misstepped or overlooked something, the community took up the charge. I even remember reading that a lot of important changes to webOS were driven by the community and officially backed by Palm.

More companies can stand to take that type of direction.

Sigh. Now I sit here, webOS-less and nostalgic.
    scjjtt and steeled like this.
    My friends and co-workers keep asking me when I'm gonna change my phone and I tell them they haven't made a better smartphone yet
    A friend of like 42 years. Works on huawei here in Mexico. The past week has been showing me their new mobile Android. I showed my pre2. We did comparative aspects. previous step in it at all. my friend wants me to sell my pre2.Se not believe! I loved it.

Sent from my pre2
    Last edited by joshua764; 06/18/2014 at 06:22 AM.
    I get a double take every once in a while. Mainly because all the kids at my school are idiots, and I only know a few who remember webOS, and only one who used it in the past. But, my Pre3, and Veer both draw attention
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    cbosdell likes this.
    I know the feeling Boovish. People loved my Panda-Veer and were shocked to find out that despite its size, it could go head to head against the iPhone4s without much issue.
    I know the feeling. I've gone looking for another possible phone. I'd ask them if they had 3 of the things that I wanted to keep the most: a physical keyboard; a notification dashboard that gives as much information at the WebOS phones do; the ability to see every open item in a card form all on a desktop that you flip through (I love being able to read information from one or two cards to type into another without having to go through a lot of steps to do so). All of the salesmen kind of got a dumbfounded look when they tried to find something they had that came close lol!
    Oh, and Boovish, isn't it nice to not be a sheep and have something that makes people go 'whoa, what is that?' "I wish mine had a keyboard'?
    When I was using my Pre 2 the other day someone asked me if it was a tamagachi hahaha.
    geekpeter and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by twint7787 View Post
    When I was using my Pre 2 the other day someone asked me if it was a tamagachi hahaha.
    Wow they must've gotten advanced since I had one in 4th grade. (curse you allison for stealing it!)
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    I know the feeling. I've gone looking for another possible phone. I'd ask them if they had 3 of the things that I wanted to keep the most: a physical keyboard; a notification dashboard that gives as much information at the WebOS phones do; the ability to see every open item in a card form all on a desktop that you flip through (I love being able to read information from one or two cards to type into another without having to go through a lot of steps to do so). All of the salesmen kind of got a dumbfounded look when they tried to find something they had that came close lol!
    :3 Do I dare mention BB10