Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #1  
    For those that love WebOS and left, like me, would you come back if LG (or someone else) surprisingly released a WebOS phone? Rule #1 to answering this question, you can't currently be using a WebOS phone.

I left about 16 months ago but still check this forum about once or twice a week in hopes of seeing news on a phone being released. Yet, I'm not sure if I'd come back if one was. I'm currently too invested in the Windows Ecosystem (phone, Surface 2 and desktop). I want WebOS to live and be successful.

Would ya?

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    cgonzalo likes this.
    Yes, I absolutely would. I'd love to see Open webOS on a QWERTY slider of some sort (if we're using existing Android devices), or I'd love to see a new T9+QWERTY webOS device.

Why T9 keypad? Because a phone should have the call controls prominently featured and I can type stupid fast on T9 :P
    ananimus likes this.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    I'd definitely buy one and play around with it now and then. Using it as a real daily driver? Not possible. The ecosystem wasn't that great when it was killed off almost three years ago and it's continued to crumble since then. They'd pretty much have to start the App Catalog from scratch. If webOS had some kind of Android emulator like BB10, then I could probably get by with it.

The ideal solution (for me, at least) would be a webOS skin for Android. All the apps and functionality of Android with the awesome webOS UI!
    HelloNNNewman and dmikell like this.
    Totally agree. If LG came out with a webOS phone down the line they would have to come out fo the gate with large contingent of developers behind them. That would be easy if they get a lot to support the new TV lineup. It would also be easier if they get developers to join the Smart TV Alliance they started not long ago, where manufacturers along with devs are trying to standardize the Smart TV market so that developers can write an app that will play everywhere. Sounds familiar, or at least it should! This would make it easy for a dev to write a program that would play on all devices with a couple of minor code changes.

If the stars all align, this could make a webOS phone a lot less unlikely than it is right now.
    geekpeter and dmikell like this.
    I'm only not using a webOS phone because I can't get any of them to work anymore.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I've kept with my TP Go and Pre 3, with periodic switching because why not, but I would literally rob my bank account, and buy the new phone right off of the conveyor belt in China
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    geekpeter likes this.
    Personally, I would. I would love to have an awesome WebOS phone that ran on LG's WebOS.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    Yes, no reason required
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    barryb20, Aressel and MAMISHO like this.
    Yes, no reason required
    Most likely yes and in a heartbeat if they provided some built-in layer than provided Google Play store and Android app compatibility
    I would. My new HTC phone has been disappointing enough that I'm tempted to get a Pre 3 and try it out for a while.

webOS has spoiled me for any other portable system interface. If LG expands their use of webOS into the mobile appliance market, I'll be first in line. I would like a few more programs, but really, they'd be for fun more than work. I have all the work-related apps I need, even if a few of them could use an update. CM10 is a fantastic alternative and I use it regularly, but I keep coming back to webOS. It really is that good for my needs.
    barryb20 and dmikell like this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I would. My new HTC phone has been disappointing enough that I'm tempted to get a Pre 3 and try it out for a while.

Just curious, what HTC phone you talking about?
    Same here.... I've got the HTC One (M7) and it's been a fantastic device. Android sucks, but the One's hardware and HTC's skinning of it has been great for me.
    I would certainly check it out, but most likely my next phone will be the BB Q30.
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
    I don't think it is fair to exclude those currently using a webOS phone. For me, any new webOS device can't be a radical departure from the way current webOS devices look and feel, or I would have to think about it. It's the webOS experience that has me hooked, so if it doesn't have the webOS vibe, it might as well be Android.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I don't think it is fair to exclude those currently using a webOS phone. For me, any new webOS device can't be a radical departure from the way current webOS devices look and feel, or I would have to think about it. It's the webOS experience that has me hooked, so if it doesn't have the webOS vibe, it might as well be Android.

Because if you are currently using a WebOS phone then you wouldn't be coming back if a new phone should be released.
    That's exactly right grabber. When we say come back for a new webos device It depends on what would this new webos look like. I noticed that the windsornot had a center button.

Probly would be changes that some of us would consider a step back
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Because if you are currently using a WebOS phone then you wouldn't be coming back if a new phone should be released.
    Well, I have bought both an Android phone and an iPhone and have returned to my Pre2 as my daily driver. I still have and use the iPhone for work, so really I'm using both. I decided if I was always going to keep a Pre on me, it might as well be my on primary line.
    dmikell likes this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    as long as the equipment was up to par and there were a decent amount of applications!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast