Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree33Likes
    Wait a minute! Is this actually LG submitting a webOS image for Nexus 5???

Because if they are making webOS run on the Nexus 5, then LG is technically working on a webOS phone...

Right?
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Wait a minute! Is this actually LG submitting a webOS image for Nexus 5???

Because if they are making webOS run on the Nexus 5, then LG is technically working on a webOS phone...

Right?
    I can only speculate... But if they're testing stuff on a N5 (besides other targets) and building images for it with WebOS Professional.... I doubt they will put the TV UI on a phone :P So something is brewing it seems
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Was browsing through recent commits on the LG OWO GitHub and what did I see?
    EDIT: Cleaning up this double post! ;-)

Even if they are just offering up material for webOS-ports to use, this is great news!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/18/2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Wait a minute! Are you saying LG is submitting an image to run on Nexus 5?

So technically, are they working on a webOS phone...???? Even if they are just offering up material for webOS-ports to use, this is great news!
    I don't see anything about submitting to public or Ports, but by reading the GitHub commits it looks like they're for sure testing with webOS internally on a N5!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I still can't believe how awesome it would be to have WebOS on the N5 ... It would be like another charge from the defibrilator to the comatose WebOS-patient ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    If the M8 can boot windows or Android, that suggests an open bootloader...

It does indeed seem that it's not too difficult to port LuneOS to devices that Cyanogenmod can get to. The major work is building the OS itself.
    I guess I'm not suppose to respond to this post since I use my launch day Pre- as my daily (only phone) driver. I'm going to use this phone until it will no longer boots up or touchscreen dies completely (only have an inverted L of touchscreen on the edges that still work) that's how much I love webOS! So, if anyone makes a new webOS phone; I will be a day one adopter also! Long live webOS and this wonderful community!
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    I would be in in less that a freakin' heartbeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKA Preluva View Post
    The days of the postage stamp sized phone are long gone. You have to realized these devices aren't just phones anymore, they are multi-media devices and tiny screens just won't cut it.
    "Won't cut it" for you. Not everyone is converted to the world of constant consumption. Some still want a pocketable, forgettable device for quick lookups, communication and hopefully nice pictures when called for on the go. Some aren't thinking about browsing everywhere, all the time. For me, I only tend to consume on the couch at home where I have a tablet waiting for me. Otherwise I don't want or need to drag a phablet around.

That said, the Pre 3 is still serving me perfectly. As the only complaint is the aging support for pretty basic stuff, yeah. I'd be on board with something fresh but compact. As it is, I'm likewise still eyeing the more compact Nokia WP8 devices for the next leap. (Although their constant crippling of "economy" models with flashless, FF cameras just kills me.)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345