Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Definitively, This system has potential, too bad people didn't really go for it..I hate apple back button at the top left corner and android only has back button.nothing like webos back and forward gestures.plus closing the apps was a cinch.
    Sadly my pre3 has become unreliable and i replaced it with a Huawei G526 with LTE 4G for AU$89
    I love to see webos on android hardware, hope open webos Ports will see it happen.
    But android for Touchpad and my Nexu7 and now my Ph works great.
    I'd come back as long as the support from the Dev's was there and the equipment specs were top notch.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Just curious, what HTC phone you talking about?
    The Evo 4G LTE. I upgraded from the first Evo 4G, and the new phone has:

worse battery life (34 hours from fully charged to fully drained, even if I'm not using it)
    worse camera (only goof in daylight, poor digital zoom, and I take photo notes of my work regularly, so I need a good camera)
    less stability (I've had to wipe/reset it twice, and it reboots randomly)

and two different media storage locations, which I have to manage.

I really am looking at a Pre 3, just to see if I'd like it. For the programs I need for a phone, it's got everything. Except maybe the camera.
    Last edited by krotech; 06/03/2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Incomplete comment
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by jteply13 View Post
    as long as the equipment was up to par and there were a decent amount of applications!

Decent amount is a relative term. There will NEVER been enough in the eyes of the "app junkies" I like to call them. I'm sure, if and when a phone is ever released, there will be a core amount and like the last WebOS app store, won't grow fast enough for some out there.
    barryb20 likes this.
    Decent amount is a relative term. There will NEVER been enough in the eyes of the "app junkies" I like to call them. I'm sure, if and when a phone is ever released, there will be a core amount and like the last WebOS app store, won't grow fast enough for some out there.
    Agreed - unfortunately, people have been trained by Apple and Google to worship app catalog size, so it's thought for anyone else to get started -- coincidence? I think not.
    barryb20 likes this.
    Indeed even Steve Jobs resisted 3rd party apps to begin with
    Steve Jobs resisted third-party apps on iPhone, biography reveals | Technology | theguardian.com

If little old Jolla can come up with a functioning alien davik runtime it should be easier for bigger companies like LG. App envy sorted.

To show how idiotic this app thing has become was watching a mashable (I think it was) review for the Surface Pro 3 and one of the negative was lack off apps. Hey wait a second, this is a Surface Pro he was "reviewing" it runs the full version of Windows...... I need say no more oh but wait most apps need an internet connection to function and what are the majority of the popular ones but portals to web sites!

Anyway I have ranted on long enough

Barry
    Global Posts
    504 Global Posts
    My gut reaction is to say I'd get an LG Pre 4 in a heartbeat! Natural caution makes me say I'd thoroughly investigate it and compare it to the rest of the market before committing, but I'm eager to see it happen.

I'm still using my HP Pre 3 as my primary (read: ONLY) phone -- going on three years now. I will likely switch to something else later this summer mainly because I'm tired of things like apps 'breaking' because of updated APIs, etc. Also, a three-year-old phone is ancient by today's standards. ...When's the S5 mini coming out?

I think "LG Pre 4" looks nice, don't you?
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    For the most part the answer is no, I've moved on to Windows Phone 8 but if they came out with a device like the ASUS Padfone... then I'd say maybe! Still apps won't be there so that's another deal breaker.
    I would not,, love the note series. Note 3 is the best phone I've had and Samsung has grown on me.. Would not go back just to flip cards.

Note 3 SIZE IS EVERYTHING
    I don't think I ever left. While I certainly am not using a webOS smartphone since my Pre3 died, my heart and mind have always lain with webOS. To this very day, I get irritated with my current smartphone (a Galaxy Note 2) and wish I had a webOS phone.

If anyone (LG or otherwise) came out with a webOS phone, even if it wasn't top-of-the-line but at least is hardware comparable to the Pre3, I'd get it.
    YES
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I would not,, love the note series. Note 3 is the best phone I've had and Samsung has grown on me.. Would not go back just to flip cards.

Well everybody has their thing. I can think of at least three millionaires who claim to use flip phones as their main device and plenty of average Joe who "need" to have a smart phone.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post

I'm a big size fan myself. However, I've always felt the Pre 2 was the perfect size. Never understand the dudes that carried around a small TV as a cell phone. lol
    Never understand the dudes that carried around a small TV as a cell phone. lol

This doesn't look appealing and convenient to you?
    geekpeter likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Click to view quoted image

This doesn't look appealing and convenient to you?
    handy if u have a big head?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Those are normal sized phones. The people are just verrrry tiny (vertically challenged). Either that or they are compensating for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Those are normal sized phones. The people are just verrrry tiny (vertically challenged). Either that or they are compensating for something.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Sadly, it is a real product: Samsung Galaxy W
    Samsung's 7-inch Galaxy W blurs the line between phones and tablets

Still, the most hilarious thing I've ever seen was someone answering a call with their iPad by holding it up to their head. Wave of the future right there.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis? You know I have a Sony Ultra right?
    Visiting Moderator from CrackBerry.com!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast