Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes
    You know frantid's patch fixes contact sync too right? So both enable the same thing - contact and calendar sync. C+DAV does also enable other CDAV acount types, so that is a benefit if you have another account of that type. For email, generic imap may be the only option for new accounts for a while. HTTPS will still require the certs to be udpated for gmail on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You know frantid's patch fixes contact sync too right? So both enable the same thing - contact and calendar sync. C+DAV does also enable other CDAV acount types, so that is a benefit if you have another account of that type. For email, generic imap may be the only option for new accounts for a while. HTTPS will still require the certs to be udpated for gmail on a regular basis.
    Way to run Google is talking? Where we can lower ipk.
    Grabber greetings

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Way to run Google is talking? Where we can lower ipk.
    Grabber greetings

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk
    Google talk, not Google voice. It is one of the synergy accounts in webOS. It may no longer work, unless it's just new accounts. Don't know yet.
  4.    #44  
    Yes, I got that, which was why I was (tentatively) suggesting that a 'Google services only' user might not need C+DAV.

Knowing your patch still works for existing accounts led me to think that the issue was mainly in the original authorisation of access. For (very hypothetical) example, one might install frantid's patch, create an account, then remove the patch, replacing it with yours for ongoing, pre-approved access (obviously this would be a pointless exercise, if it even worked at all).

If you are saying that generic IMAP will work then I suppose aside from Gtalk, it's even less of an issue. But is the Oauth / APIv3 patch a good idea anyway - for added security? Or are you saying the patch has no effect on the Gmail synergy setup?

So instructions for new accounts might read:
    1. Google only: frantid patch + generic IMAP (Gtalk tbc)
    2. Mixed services: C+DAV + generic IMAP (probably forget Gtalk)
    3. All the above: frantid patch + C+DAV (avoid conficting patches & don't use with Google) + generic IMAP (Gtalk tbc)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/11/2015 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

[list=A][*]Google only: frantid patch + generic IMAP (Gtalk tbc)
    [...]
    For webOS 2.1* you don't need frantid patch - you can instal Greg Roll synergy plugins,
    and add generic jabber account to resolve "gtalk problem".
  6. rlh
    Yes, I got that, which was why I was (tentatively) suggesting that a 'Google services only' user might not need C+DAV.

Knowing your patch still works for existing accounts led me to think that the issue was mainly in the original authorisation of access. For (very hypothetical) example, one might install frantid's patch, create an account, then remove the patch, replacing it with yours for ongoing, pre-approved access (obviously this would be a pointless exercise, if it even worked at all).

If you are saying that generic IMAP will work then I suppose aside from Gtalk, it's even less of an issue. But is the Oauth / APIv3 patch a good idea anyway - for added security? Or are you saying the patch has no effect on the Gmail synergy setup?

1. Google only: frantid patch + generic IMAP (Gtalk tbc)
    2. Mixed services: C+DAV + generic IMAP (probably forget Gtalk)
    3. All the above: frantid patch + C+DAV (avoid conficting patches & don't use with Google) + generic IMAP (Gtalk tbc)
    The frantid patch works with the real Goggle email synergy account as long as you are using the Open SSL patch. You don't need to use generic imap on the side.
    I just created a new google account from scratch and it's actually working just like normal synergy Google account from years ago (email/calendar/contacts/gtalk).

I should add that it's on a Pre3 unlocked 2.24
    Last edited by rlh; 11/16/2015 at 02:17 AM.
    I tried to send an email from my Pre 3 this morning (took a picture of my BB Priv to submit to BlackBerry), but I noticed outbound email for Gmail isn't working? Inbound is working and I got the Certificate Grabber.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just tried on my pre3, I can send normally from gmail to hotmail ( sent to another but has not yet been delivered ).
    Had to update the certificates, anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I tried to send an email from my Pre 3 this morning (took a picture of my BB Priv to submit to BlackBerry), but I noticed outbound email for Gmail isn't working? Inbound is working and I got the Certificate Grabber.
    I had the same problem on one of mine the other day. I just updated the certs again and it sent. Not the first time I've had to do that, but it's rare. (For me anyway)
    I had the same problem on one of mine the other day. I just updated the certs again and it sent. Not the first time I've had to do that, but it's rare. (For me anyway)
    Hmmm... no dice. Still emails stuck. No biggie... I got my issue sorted out by using Outlook instead. As long as Skype still works it's still my desk phone. :P
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  11.    #51  
    I'm a bit doubtful that this will happen, but I'm wondering if it's now time to look at building a service pack in the form of a webOS doctor. Though this might be less ideal than an actual service pack, there are now so many things needed to make webOS fully functional, that it would at least reduce effort to the process of:
    1. Back up the device.
    2. Doctor it.
    3. Reinstall apps & data.

It's possible that even some current updates will become dated, so I guess the process for creating this would be:
    1. Identify the basic updates needed (e.g Activation bypass, SSL, Certs, Cal+DAV / Google API3 - I'd add QT5 if that ever happens)
    2. Ensure there are (or create) clear instructions for swapping these items into the most recent doctor versions.
    3. Produce one doctor for each device.

This way, anyone can simply access the latest and greatest doctor. If these aren't updated, then instructions exist for incorporating any new patches that are supplied and anyone can build their own doctor using a 'clean' one from HP if they want.

I'm by no means an expert and I can see that patching may be more complex than 'dropping in' replacement modules into a doctor, so I'd be interested to read if this approach is potentially viable. The problem this would address is those people pulling webOS devices out of a cupboard or buying them, then getting confused or frustrated by the amount of work to get them functional.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/15/2017 at 11:03 AM.
    bbito likes this.
    2. Ensure there are (or create) clear instructions for swapping these items into the most recent doctor versions.
    If a method were documented to pre-apply patches to a meta-doctor, that would go a long way towards making life easier for legacy holdouts like me!
    I think there is a way to add apps to a meta-doctor through the script and I tried to figure it out last time I was building one, but I never felt confident that I really understood how the script pulls apps from a donor doctor and adds them to the build, nor did I determine how I would force it to add arbitrary ipks from a separate directory.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbito View Post
    If a method were documented to pre-apply patches to a meta-doctor, that would go a long way towards making life easier for legacy holdouts like me!
    I think there is a way to add apps to a meta-doctor through the script and I tried to figure it out last time I was building one, but I never felt confident that I really understood how the script pulls apps from a donor doctor and adds them to the build, nor did I determine how I would force it to add arbitrary ipks from a separate directory.
    I think most of the updates are patches, which are not IPKs. However, it may be possible to patch part of the system that is in the form of an IPK, then extract that to add to a doctor. I'm not sure. Looking at the activation bypass situation, this basically involves adding a device specific file to the device tool. I imagine a script simply says, "open archive A, extract 'path to fileX', copy to archive B", but again, no existing / original doctor contains the code necessary to update others - it's all patches.

The question then is, "Can a doctor be patched in the same way as a live system?" or, "Can a patched, live system be extracted to a doctor?" I expect a doctor can be made somehow, but using this method depends on how complex the process is.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/15/2017 at 01:25 PM.
    I think most of the updates are patches, which are not IPKs.
    Agreed, but I was also interested in the possibility of pre-installing all my apps since existing meta-doctor scripts appear to have the ability to pull carrier-specific apps from one doctor and add them to the meta-doctor build.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123