1.    #1  
    Occasionally I will visit certain websites and when fully loaded the screen has a dark shade covering the text thus rendering the page un-readable.

I just discovered that turning off java script gets rid of the dark shade, but then it losses the formatting, but better than before.

Question is I am the only one who has had this problem, I have never seen any complaints about this. Is there any hope of a fix for this?
    That is usually associated with 'popover' stuff like ads or other notifications. Unless there is an error, then somewhere on the page there should be something on top of the shade (sometimes referred to as a scrim - I had to look that one up ). If it's an ad, the onload of the ad, or the close/X button may have the script to hide the scrim.
  3.    #3  
    Any body care to look at these sites if they display properly, maybe its my phone. Mapquest.com also has problems but I can see it has a lot of pop overs and stuff like grabber mentioned, total fail

http://www.pri.org/collections/world-words

http://forum.dancehallreggae.com/for...ANCEHALL-Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Any body care to look at these sites if they display properly, maybe its my phone. Mapquest.com also has problems but I can see it has a lot of pop overs and stuff like grabber mentioned, total fail

The World in Words | Public Radio International

MAIN AREA: The V.I.P. DANCEHALL Forum
    I would echo what Grabber5.0 says as I guess the old browser can't handle some of the popover code, but sometimes a reload or finding that closing 'X' button does the trick.

BUT, I just typed both these addresses in and had no problems (Pre3).

I also tried mapquest - it seems to work, except the actual map tiles are missing... :-( Oh, wait I got a bit of map...

Not great but I've got 72ka's Googlemaps & Navit - problem solved!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 04/14/2014 at 06:59 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Ok. Probly a 2.1 issue then. Not going to doctor to find out tho, I'll just turn off javascript. Thanks for the inputs
    Your first link is working properly without anything popping up on my 2.2.4 Pre3 with Ad Blocker patch installed, but the second site is not working for me at all (404 Not Found error)...
    Do you have an Ad Blocker patch installed? If not you could try to install it from Preware and test it again
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    Your first link is working properly without anything popping up on my 2.2.4 Pre3 with Ad Blocker patch installed, but the second site is not working for me at all (404 Not Found error)...
    Do you have an Ad Blocker patch installed? If not you could try to install it from Preware and test it again
    Thanks. The second link was down but is back up now. I installed the adblocker but its still the same and I don't see any ads or pop ups that should be causing this. What I get is random normal display and dark shade on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Thanks. The second link was down but is back up now. I installed the adblocker but its still the same and I don't see any ads or pop ups that should be causing this. What I get is random normal display and dark shade on the same page.
    I think the "dark shade" as others have suggested is a popup layer with some type of ad that may not come up all the time.

The only problem with disabling Javascript is that you might have some issues interacting with other sites that use Javascript to do things in response to your tapping on links or buttons. Javascript is used on some web pages to do special processing on page launches or form submits. But, you will just have to try and see if it causes any issues with sites you frequent.
    taking advantage of the post. always under movies from the web but in my pre2 I never could mark me wrong. anyone have a solution to this?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums