Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By broncot
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  • 1 Post By laingman
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  1.    #1  
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Thanks for posting, unfortunately I can't read it on my phone because I keep getting that gray bar at the bottom that can't go away.

Fortunately I have free tether and my laptop, I'll fire it up on my break, ha
    Cool. Good show of the webOS marvels and giving them the credit they deserve.
    clearly the author didn't fully understand what he was writing about, at least with slides 5 & 7... he gets a definite "well, not exactly..." for those two. perhaps I nitpick too much...
    ananimus likes this.
    what about Just Type? Maybe nobody uses it, but it is still the best thing in WebOS!
    Pope of many systems is webos. even higher today. I wonder where I would be today webos if I had not done their bull****?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    Pope of many systems is webos. even higher today. I wonder where I would be today webos if I had not done their bull****hp?

Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    what about Just Type? Maybe nobody uses it, but it is still the best thing in WebOS!
    Use Just Type all the time

Someone with a ZDnet account care to correct the commenter who's on about the Playbook card view being better because it doesn't tombstone apps?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $with$ $limited$ $exceptions$ ($heavy$ $PDK$ $apps$), $I$'$ve$ $never$ $noticed$ $tombstoning$ $in$ $webOS$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $appear$ $to$ $be$ $designed$ $behavior$. &$quot$;$True$ $mobile$ $multitasking$&$quot$; $was$ $another$ $one$ $of$ $it$'$s$ $big$ $sells$!

Pretty sure if Palm had innovated tombstoning, we would never have had the luxury of TMC errors. As I recall, Android/WinMo were the OG tombstoners.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Click to view quoted image

Someone with a ZDnet account care to correct the commenter who's on about the Playbook card view being better because it doesn't tombstone apps?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $with$ $limited$ $exceptions$ ($heavy$ $PDK$ $apps$), $I$'$ve$ $never$ $noticed$ $tombstoning$ $in$ $webOS$ $that$ $didn$'$t$ $appear$ $to$ $be$ $designed$ $behavior$. &$quot$;$True$ $mobile$ $multitasking$&$quot$; $was$ $another$ $one$ $of$ $it$'$s$ $big$ $sells$!

Pretty sure if Palm had innovated tombstoning, we would never have had the luxury of TMC errors. As I recall, Android/WinMo were the OG tombstoners.
    Yeah, it's funny how some current or former webos users get it wrong. There was some guy over at the verge calling webos cards screen shots. But then there used be be a guy on here who claimed to be a pixie user who didn't know how to minimize notifications.
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Yeah, this was a big one too. Although as I recall, "Just Type" was branded in webOS 2.0. Here's another article lamenting it's slow adoption: Just Type: The Best Feature No One’s Stolen (Yet) | Pocketnow

The Synergy backbone was the key to *true* universal search. The universal search was integrated at release and also part of the hype. Just Type was a rebranding and reminder, though they added Quick Actions and the on-screen reminder that it existed with the "Just Type" bar you could tap. They had to add the latter to make search accessible on the keyboard-less Touchpad.

Actually, preservation of a hardware keyboard so that you really *can* just type to search is a forgotten thing. When released, I noticed BB Q10 users saying, "Oh, it's so nice being able to just type something on the keyboard to jump straight to a search!" Me: "Well... yeah. Duh."

I saw on my ex's iPhone they actually did a fair job of aping a braoder univ. search now too. In iOS 7 at least. Think WP8 is better about it too.
    petbull likes this.