Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Looks like I'm not the only one who is having this problem this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrat0713 View Post
    I've tried all of the solutions listed above and am still having issues. The gmail notice kept popping up and prompting me to verify my login settings, but would not allow me to log in. I finally got tired of the pop-up and deleted the gmail account from my Pre 3, but now I can't re-establish the account. Every time I try I get an "unknown error" message. I carefully followed the good advice from everyone in this thread, but to no avail. Now I have a whole new issue that cropped up almost immediately after I deleted the gmail account from the Pre 3 - all of the text conversations I had going at the time are locked, as well as access to the contact information from all of those people I had been texting. I am honestly at my wit's end - can someone please help me figure this out? I'm a long-time Web OS user/lover but I am new to the forum and not too tech-savvy, so please be gentle.
    I created this thread because it's not just me and I suspect others. The original thread with the quote above is here Check your log-in and password

Same issue. webOS tells me to check my Google account info. I was still getting mail etc. So while it wanted me to verify, it was still getting my stuff. Reboot did nothing for it. Kept happening since yesterday. I deleted my Gmail account and can't add it back. Putting in the password just gives an "unknown error". I tried to add my gmail account on my Go with a fresh dr. Same error there too. Changed my Gmail password...didn't help. Tried this How to Unlock Gmail for a New Email Program or Service - About Email no dice. Anyone else having an issue? Would setting up two step verification help? Help! Thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    toaste likes this.
    I get the question as well recently, update the password with the same and it works again I thought it was due to me connecting using various wifi networks abroad.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 02/26/2014 at 06:46 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Had the same on Pre2 and TP last 2 days.
    Pre 2 worked straight after entering same pw (synced calendar good).
    TP gave some unknown error, but worked after device restart (synced calendar good).

Will see if it happens again.
    I get the error occasionally and ignore it most of the time. If it gets persistent, I re-enter my password. I will say this: if your google account is your default contacts account, NEVER remove and re-add it to try to fix it, or your messaging conversations will lose their connection with the contact, and you won't be able to send or receive messages in those existing conversations, but will have to start new ones.

If you do, the only way to fix it that I have found is to restore your profile's most recent backup. Fortunately the only time I did this was right after I doctored my phone, so an erase and restore was not a major inconvenience. Kind of off-topic, but it is a comment troubleshooting step for account issues so it is important to note here.

It may be possible to fix the lost contact issue with some luna-send magic, and it would probably have to be done manually and tediously.
    I have received the same error across a couple of devices and gmail accounts. I would re-enter the password, get the "unknown error" error, then submit the password again and it would take it.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
  6.    #6  
    Well I restored from a backup which got me my gmail account back but I had already changed my password so updating it in the account options is giving me the "unknown error". I was able to update my YouTube account on my phone with my new password successfully though. WHAT? I'm really scratching my head here. And Google's policy does not allow you to change your password back to a previous password. I suppose I could change my password 99 more times and that would get me back up and running. Pain in the you know where. I can resubmit as many times as I want...no dice. Maybe I'll try connecting via wifi. I logged into gmail via the web browser just fine by the way.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I now routinely dismiss these occasional error messages. I re-enter the password if they persist, but usually, it fixes itself. Try opening the email app and see if there are new messages.

My evidence-free theory is that a break in connection somewhere/anywhere along the chain prevents login and this is a standard error message - or maybe login attempts get occasionally bounced. Obviously, consistent recurring problems point to something more serious like the 1299 thing.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/25/2014 at 11:13 AM.
  8.    #8  
    So why would my wifi TouchPad (tethered to my Go through Net10), my Go, and my Pre3 not be able to sign into Google at the same time? Call me crazy here but there's either a problem with my Google account or their servers. If I bang my head off this wall any harder I'm going to come through to the other side.
    Follow me on Twitter
  9.    #9  
    Here's a lumberjack pulled log from my Pre3. I'll do the same for my Go which has a fresh dr.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Here's a lumberjack pulled log from my Pre3. I'll do the same for my Go which has a fresh dr.
    Interesting.. Was there anything before that? I'm guessing the entire response was not dumped, but clearly it was not formatted as expected and had the word ILLEGAL in it.
  11.    #11  
    So I did some more testing. I was able to successfully add my wife's gmail account. WHAT. I read this online which had the same ILLEGAL error javascript - SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL - Stack Overflow It specifically references using the @ symbol which my password I started the day with had in it and my new password also had in it. I thought HUZZAH! So I changed my password to the same password my wife uses...UNKNOWN ERROR. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. So it has to do with my account specifically. I haven't made any changes to my account! I don't get it. I just...bangin' my head...
    Follow me on Twitter
    i have 3 gmails sync'ing to my Pre2, but at various intervals. the one that checks most frequently, required a password reentry today.

my one hotmail acct. seems to require a password reentry most often. but none are more than once a month or so it feels like. so i just assume it's server timeout. either my phone is having a brain fart moment which it does plenty, or sprint telecom error, or google server error. there's a lot of things in the chain of comm that could be the culprit. i'm surprised it works at all.

but if its all of us getting these, it's not just your acct.

ever try logging into gmail.com through the browser instead? i dont remember if you mentioned that
  13.    #13  
    Yes, I'm logged into Outlook and in a browser right now. Same issue is also found here Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in No one mentions a real fix. I tried the Google Sync Behaviors Patch...no dice.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yes, I'm logged into Outlook and in a browser right now. Same issue is also found here Google Apps account now showing Unknown Error when trying to sign in No one mentions a real fix. I tried the Google Sync Behaviors Patch...no dice.
    putting in the password again always seems to reestablish the link. it does its little sync circle in the tray and then there's mail.

only once have i had to delete the acct. and recreate it. and then it worked normally again.

is there a difference whether its wifi or data? and sometimes i have to shut off data for it to actually switch and start using the wifi instead, even though it says its connected. (speedtesting new Starbucks wifi enlightened me to this)
    Looks like I'm not the only one who is having this problem this week.

I created this thread because it's not just me and I suspect others. The original thread with the quote above is here Check your log-in and password

Same issue. webOS tells me to check my Google account info. I was still getting mail etc. So while it wanted me to verify, it was still getting my stuff. Reboot did nothing for it. Kept happening since yesterday. I deleted my Gmail account and can't add it back. Putting in the password just gives an "unknown error". I tried to add my gmail account on my Go with a fresh dr. Same error there too. Changed my Gmail password...didn't help. Tried this How to Unlock Gmail for a New Email Program or Service - About Email no dice. Anyone else having an issue? Would setting up two step verification help? Help! Thanks.
    I'm having the same problem. Started yesterday 24Feb14. I turned the phone off and back on. Still had the problem. Now I can't even sign in to my palm profile using original email and password.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    is there a difference whether its wifi or data? and sometimes i have to shut off data for it to actually switch and start using the wifi instead, even though it says its connected. (speedtesting new Starbucks wifi enlightened me to this)
    I tried this as well. Didn't work.
    Follow me on Twitter
  17.    #17  
    I deleted my gmail account again and rebooted. Tried to readd it (again) and it failed. So I restored to a backup from a couple days ago (thank you Impostah) and tried to update the GMail account to my newest "no special character" password...Unknown Error

So I went to the email app, went to add account, clicked Email (not Google) and manually added my Gmail info and settings, WOW. It works. Something is going on with Google synergy for me, leadmoto, and waterrat0713. I have NO IDEA why it's not affecting more people and I have NO IDEA why it's affecting us. But at least there's a workaround for getting email.
    Follow me on Twitter
    On Pre 3 getting a message to update p/w on a second gmail account. Normally I can log in my PC to the second account but not able tonight.

While trying the email came from Google

Hi Charles,

Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account xxxxxx@gmail.com. This person was using an application such as an email client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:50:10 AM UTC
    IP Address: xxx.147.99.187 (mobile-xxx-147-099-187.mycingular.net.)

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

Reset password

If this was you, and you are having trouble accessing your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts team

end of email
    ==============

I attempted to access the email account from the email but it took me to my primary Gmail account.

Strange stuff happening.

Anyone else get this?
  19.    #19  
    I've gotten that before and it was true. You should probably go ahead and follow the link. Someone tried to access my account from China. I changed my password that time.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
    On Pre 3 getting a message to update p/w on a second gmail account. Normally I can log in my PC to the second account but not able tonight.

While trying the email came from Google

Hi Charles,

Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account xxxxxx@gmail.com. This person was using an application such as an email client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:50:10 AM UTC
    IP Address: xxx.147.99.187 (mobile-xxx-147-099-187.mycingular.net.)

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

Reset password

If this was you, and you are having trouble accessing your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts team

end of email
    ==============

I attempted to access the email account from the email but it took me to my primary Gmail account.

Strange stuff happening.

Anyone else get this?
    The important questions is: is that your carrier and location? If it is, that you likely triggered it. If not, then sign in and change your password.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast