Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I agree with others. A week ago I started having the same issue. Usually getting new App Password for two step is needed to fix.

I let it slide when this started. Ignoring the error, it keeps working. But it keeps popping up the "Check Login" nag.

The problem is, once per year Google requires a device to be reauthenticated, I think. They're pushing toward people being on two step auth.

So I check. One year and ten days ago I created my last app password for Synergy on device. I deleted the old password from Google settings, made a new one and entered it in my phone as the new password. The "error" messages have again stopped.

"But I don't use two step auth!" Why the not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    I agree with others. A week ago I started having the same issue. Usually getting new App Password for two step is needed to fix.

I let it slide when this started. Ignoring the error, it keeps working. But it keeps popping up the "Check Login" nag.

The problem is, once per year Google requires a device to be reauthenticated, I think. They're pushing toward people being on two step auth.

So I check. One year and ten days ago I created my last app password for Synergy on device. I deleted the old password from Google settings, made a new one and entered it in my phone as the new password. The "error" messages have again stopped.

"But I don't use two step auth!" Why the not?
    Because I have enough headaches and passwords to keep track of. What is their evil motive behind all of this anyway? :huh:
  3.    #23  
    I just tried to enable 2 step. Got my 16 character pw. Entered it instead of my personally set pw and got Unknown Error. Guys, Google synergy does not want to let me use my Google account. I can setup my Gmail account as a regular Email account but that's it. It's across 3 different webOS devices. Go, Pre2, and Pre3. I have been successful adding my wife's gmail account but that's it. I don't get it. Is there some sort of Google synergy db that I can flush?
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 02/26/2014 at 12:37 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  4.    #24  
    Make that 4 webOS devices. The Go and the Pre2 are bypassed and not logged into my Palm Profile. The Pre3 and Wifi TP are both logged into my Palm Profile. All devices get Unknown Error when trying to use Accounts > Google and Email >Prefs and Accounts > Google > Change login settings. I can add it as a reg email account but not through Google synergy. I would like to pull a different log if possible but I seem to get the same ILLEGAL token thing. I don't really know how to use Lumberjack very well and tail /var/log/messages might miss something. Can anyone help me pull a better log?
    Follow me on Twitter
    It must be personal Alan.

Lumberjack mostly pulls from /var/log/messages. There are some additional logs it can read but I think the follow log just pulls from messages. According to the wiki page, the ls2 monitor shows the request/response data for service requests (I haven't used it, or gotten any data from it) so it could be helpful if it captures anything.
    Can't sink from any devices. Looks like they got it wrong.
    webOS Synergy Google sync safe from Google's ActiveSync shut down | webOS Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by leadmoto View Post
    Can't sink from any devices. Looks like they got it wrong.
    webOS Synergy Google sync safe from Google's ActiveSync shut down | webOS Nation
    No they didn't. Whatever this is, it's not related to EAS in any way. I don't know how widespread the problem is, but I know it's not affecting everybody. I am debating whether or not it would do any good to contact Google about it.
  8.    #28  
    And just like that, it's back. Calendar, contacts, email, and messaging. A 2 day headache for no reason completely fixed itself for no known reason.
    Follow me on Twitter
    ananimus likes this.
    Ah the joys of being a webOS user.
    ananimus and gizmo21 like this.
    Go figure? I'm back in sync too.
    Alan Morford likes this.
    I think maybe this was just a glitch.. But we are so used to getting abandoned that's the first thing that comes to mind when something isn't working.
    ananimus likes this.
    "hey joe there are 10 accounts corrupted in our annually account-auth reset run on our db, have you fixed them? "
    "Naaa not yet, device entrys show they're on that webos thing - nobody uses that anymore. Perhaps i'll fix it next week."
    ananimus and Grabber5.0 like this.
    I have a related problem. I want to add my Google account to my webos calendar but when I enter my password I get the "Unknown error".

I want to sync my PrPrPr$3$ $with$ $Outlook$ $2013$ $throught$ $Google$ $Calendar$, $but$ $for$ $that$ $to$ $work$ $I$ $need$ $a$ $Google$ $account$ $on$ $my$ $Pre3$. $My$ $gmail$ $account$ $works$ $like$ $a$ $charm$, $no$ $problem$ $there$.

Can anybody help me get this going? Or does anybody have another good idea for syncing a PrPrPr $3$ $with$ $Outlook$ $2013$?

Please.....?
    It's baaaack! I doctored my main phone back to 2.2.4 today, and I can't sign in to my google accounts, which is where all of my contacts are. I changed my password just for fun, and I can't update it on my other webOS phones either, they get the same error. Not going to bother with the Touchpad right now..
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/01/2014 at 11:20 PM.
    I watched the logs when trying to authenticate and the jsjsjs $service$ $is$ $receiving$ $a$ $response$ $code$ $301$: '$Moved$ $Permanently$' $html$ $response$ $with$ $a$ $URL$ $in$ $it$ $from$ $the$ $Google$ $API$. $Never$ $having$ $experienced$ $this$ $before$, $I$ $can$'$t$ $say$ $whether$ $that$ $is$ $the$ $same$ $thing$ $that$ $happened$ $previous$ $times$ $the$ '$uknown$ $error$' $occurred$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $tracked$ $down$ $the$ $js$ $file$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $I$ $can$ $find$ $the$ $current$ $URL$ ($or$ $if$ $it$ $is$ $even$ $stored$ $there$ $or$ $elsewhere$). $Going$ $to$ $give$ $it$ $a$ $day$ $or$ $two$ $and$ $see$ $what$ $happens$. $Grrr$.
    Happens to me as well.

Can't receive e-mail at all from Gmail, other e-mail services are still working flawlessly. Eventhough I've remove the account and remake the account again with newerly generated password, I'm still no luck in login.

Hope that this is not another April Fools from Google.
    I found the problem (for the current problem anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing was happening with Google Apps accounts before).. Starting on 3/31, Google changed the contacts API to redirect all http requests to https (look for m8, which is part of the URL string), and the webOS library isn't following the redirect. I changed http to https in two files in the google contacts service and have it working again. Going to create a patch file and post it as soon as I can - not sure if it will be tonight or not. For enterprising users, the files are here (on webOS 2.2.4, not sure about others yet..):
    /usr/palm/services/com.palm.service.contacts.google/javascript/assistants
    checkcredentialsassistant.jsjsjs $and$ $syncassistant$.$js$ $are$ $the$ $two$ $that$ $need$ $to$ $be$ $edited$.

Source: https://developers.google.com/google...v3/http-update
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hi Grabber5.0

Is the patch "Google sync https fix" available via Preware?
    I could not find it there.

Or do I need it source it from somewhere else?

cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by NK_Newbury View Post
    Hi Grabber5.0

Is the patch "Google sync https fix" available via Preware?
    I could not find it there.

Or do I need it source it from somewhere else?

cheers.
    No, it's not in Preware, because the portal for submitting patches is down. You have to download the patch file attachment from the thread I linked to in the post you quoted, and then install it via WebOSQuickInstall or copy to your device and install via Internalz Pro.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/02/2014 at 05:54 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast